X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Style Boxsets

Hey,

This may already have been asked sorry, but just wondering if you can buy Season 10 in the Old Style boxset. I have all 9 other seasons in this & it seems pointless to have the only remaining season in the new slim-line case. I don't really care the region of the set as I can easily replace the disc. I am more after the cardboard casing & the different design of each case.

It would help if we knew what country you where in so we could suggest buying options for you. There's no point suggesting a shop in the UK if you are in the US or vice versa.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I'm from Australia. I've tryed pretty much every store here in OZ without luck. My next option was overseas purchase, I've brought UK boxsets in the past on ebay as I've found Region 2 is compatible with Region 4 but i've even had no luck on there.

I'd be happy with any country at the moment as long as the case matches the Australian or UK style, i have contacts in most countries that would purchase & send them to me if they knew where to look so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

can you not buy the season disc by disc, and forgo the cardboard box, but still have them in individual cases, that's what i did with season 8, 9 and 10.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

If this is the one you mean they sell them still on Play:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34766...n/Product.html

However they are expensive at the moment, so I'd wait a bit until they come down to about £27/32ish.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            can you not buy the season disc by disc, and forgo the cardboard box, but still have them in individual cases, that's what i did with season 8, 9 and 10.
            I'm probably being really pedantic I know, but with my dvd collections I like them to be perfect...especially my Stargate. I guess I can do this if I absolutely have to but i'm trying to get around it if possible.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
            If this is the one you mean they sell them still on Play:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34766...n/Product.html

However they are expensive at the moment, so I'd wait a bit until they come down to about £27/32ish.
            Thats exactly what I'm after. Thank you so much! I had no idea what the cost should be either so thanks for the heads up!

Comment

With the big box sets you may not have the full length episode of Threads in season 8. . . for that, you'll need to get the slim pack, unless the packaging was different overseas
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                With the big box sets you may not have the full length episode of Threads in season 8. . . for that, you'll need to get the slim pack, unless the packaging was different overseas
                It was only the region 1 dvds that had the short version of Threads. All the other regions have the full version.
                sigpic

Comment

Seriously??? I can't believe they shortened the R1 version. I thought that was what dvd's were for(besides the obvious of course )...but to show us the extra's and bonus features. They didn't play the full episode on Aussie TV here, but atleast we got it on dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by horus16 View Post
                    Seriously??? I can't believe they shortened the R1 version. I thought that was what dvd's were for(besides the obvious of course )...but to show us the extra's and bonus features. They didn't play the full episode on Aussie TV here, but atleast we got it on dvd.
                    Most fans went ballistic when they found out,a nd if you contacted MGM, they gave you a new one with the 90 minutes THREADS on it, but you gotta be careful when buying the old style sets, which I do still have, and won't replace cuz, hey, they work.

Comment

Originally posted by horus16 View Post
                      Yeah, I saw the original long one when it aired on US tv but was quite upset when I realized my box set didn't have that long version on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

So buying the slim line version of season 8 will give you the 90 minute version of threads? I have the old style boxset.
                        Last edited by gatechick; 11 December 2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          So buying the slim line version of season 8 will give you the 90 minute version of threads? I have the old style boxset.
                          I think its 63 minutes vs 42 but yes, I went out and bought the slim pack version (region 1) and it had the longer episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay I will look into that. So the full 90 minute version would be including commercials, whereas without commercials the 90 minute version is actually 63 minutes?

Oh and to stay on topic, if you can find one with good shipping prices, ebay has tons of the old style boxsets.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                              Okay I will look into that. So the full 90 minute version would be including commercials, whereas without commercials the 90 minute version is actually 63 minutes?

Right. yes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X