This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    Actually Joe Mallozzi said the entire script for GitM was re-written when TH opted out. HE claimed (on his blog) it would have been a very different episode. It would have been nice to see what was planned for that ep initially.
    It's my understanding that Mallozzi never said the entire script was rewritten, nor did he say that the episode would have been very different. All he said was that a few particular changes would be made to the script to account for the fact that a different actress would be playing Weir. So basically, the episode we saw was pretty much what they had planned all along.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      Actually Joe Mallozzi said the entire script for GitM was re-written when TH opted out. HE claimed (on his blog) it would have been a very different episode. It would have been nice to see what was planned for that ep initially.
      Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
      That is what I intially thought, because the ending of Be All My Sins Remember did not make much sense with the rewrite of Ghost in the Machine with Michelle Morgan. Thanks for clearing that up.
      The reports are conflicting on this--Joe actually made two statements about how much of GITM was written when the idea was presented to Torri. I don't think he ever resolved the conflict; however, the general idea was that Torri disagreed with the ending for Weir, which wasn't changed when Michelle Morgan took on the FRANibeth role. She 'ended' the way Weir would have ended whether it was Torri or Michelle. I think Joe did say they tried to accomodate what Torri wanted, but at that point it was too late. I don't think what was changed was significant--probably everything revolving around how Elizabeth got into FRAN.

I think what SK is trying to get at is, despite the ability of the authors to create their own scenarios, they are still bound, in part, to the rights owners. The companies still have a say in what is written, and won't let anything diverge too much from the main storyline on the SG-1 and Atlantis series. Anything that would substantially change "canon", I suspect, won't be allowed in the officially published series because they've been granted copyright use of the official characters--even though these stories aren't considered true canon.

Spoiler:

Anything that had Atlantis re-meeting Weir after "Lifeline" would break with canon, because canon asserts that she is considered missing until "This Mortal Coil", and dead until "Ghost in the Machine". Unless they wanted to write a story about her leading the replicators after BAMSR and before GITM--and having no contact with Atlantis--there is no way for her to appear post S4.
      Last edited by Eri13; 01 December 2008, 01:18 PM.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        The reports are conflicting on this--Joe actually made two statements about how much of GITM was written when the idea was presented to Torri. I don't think he ever resolved the conflict; however, the general idea was that Torri disagreed with the ending for Weir, which wasn't changed when Michelle Morgan took on the FRANibeth role. She 'ended' the way Weir would have ended whether it was Torri or Michelle. I think Joe did say they tried to accomodate what Torri wanted, but at that point it was too late. I don't think what was changed was significant--probably everything revolving around how Elizabeth got into FRAN.
        *nods* Yeah, Mallozzi hasn't been consistent on his account of events, which just makes trying to sort out the whole situation even more messy.

I think what SK is trying to get at is, despite the ability of the authors to create their own scenarios, they are still bound, in part, to the rights owners. The companies still have a say in what is written, and won't let anything diverge too much from the main storyline on the SG-1 and Atlantis series. Anything that would substantially change "canon", I suspect, won't be allowed in the officially published series because they've been granted copyright use of the official characters--even though these stories aren't considered true canon.

Spoiler:

Anything that had Atlantis re-meeting Weir after "Lifeline" would break with canon, because canon asserts that she is considered missing until "This Mortal Coil", and dead until "Ghost in the Machine". Unless they wanted to write a story about her leading the replicators after BAMSR and before GITM--and having no contact with Atlantis--there is no way for her to appear post S4.
        Eri's got it exactly. As I understand it, the novels do have to get final approval from MGM before going to print. So our best chance for seeing Elizabeth in the novels by Fandemonium remains with stories that are set during Seasons 1-3.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

This was all I was trying to say in the first place. We did not need to go on I agree with you. I tend to diagree with you about the last part, because I feel Asuran-Weir storylinge started with 'This Mortal Coil' and so on. I would of not cared what actor took on the role of Elizabeth it still would of been pulled off. About the books that was all I was trying to say that MGM has the rights and need to aprove of story. This is all I have to say you believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe. For the most part I agree with you.
          Last edited by Snookie16; 02 December 2008, 05:46 AM.
          All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

On to another suject. I am currently reaading Roswell and several other books that I have read has bought out more explination of the Ancient Janus who was introduced to us in SG-1 season eight moreso in Stargate Atlantis season one, and then again in season five. It seems that you find out more about Janus in the books than you do in the TV series. Books that get me to thinking about this is SG-1 Roswell and Relativity, Stargate Atlantis Mirror, Mirror, all good books and good reads. I am curious to see what other fans think about this character.
            All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X