No announcement yet.

Stargate Audiobooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick FYI; writers Steve Lyons and Richard Dinnick, director Lisa Bowerman, producer Paul Spragg and I (writer and story editor) will be at the Big Finish Day 2 event this Saturday in London, talking about the forthcoming Stargate SG-1 audio series.

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

I have pre-ordered mine. It felt so much like having new stargate episode to watch the last time I bought the audio books I am really excited that more of them have been made. That fact that it's Daniel and Vala is also a teeny incentive.
      AncientsTimeline

Comment

I don't really know what rock I've been living under, but I am just learning about these audiobooks. I'm sorry, but I don't have the patience to read through this entire thread (though I did start). I live in the USA and I'm wondering:
        --How much is it in U.S. dollars to purchase CDs, download and subscribe?
        --The extras (interviews with actors) - are or aren't available via download? (I know download is cheaper, but I might pay extra for cool extras.)
        --In the various posts I did read, I noticed grumbles about downloads not being available to subscribers by the appointed date. Is this still going on?
        --Everything is audio, right? None of the extras are actually video? I have never understood what you can play on your DVD player from different regions and such!

I'm so excited by the prospect of more Stargate and more of these actors I love (Michael Shanks, Teryl Rothery, Claudia Black, etc.). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
          I don't really know what rock I've been living under, but I am just learning about these audiobooks. I'm sorry, but I don't have the patience to read through this entire thread (though I did start). I live in the USA and I'm wondering:
          First off, most of the information you need can be found at the Big Finish Productions website here.

--How much is it in U.S. dollars to purchase CDs, download and subscribe?
          If you go to the Big Finish site and set up an account, you should automatically get the prices to display in US $; if not, drop them a line at [email protected].

--The extras (interviews with actors) - are or aren't available via download? (I know download is cheaper, but I might pay extra for cool extras.)
          I believe that the extras are only available on the CDs; but if you purchase a CD, you'll get the digital download too, free of charge.

--In the various posts I did read, I noticed grumbles about downloads not being available to subscribers by the appointed date. Is this still going on?
          Releases from Series 1 and Series 2 should be immediately available once purchased; Series 3 will be available when they are released later in the year.

--Everything is audio, right? None of the extras are actually video? I have never understood what you can play on your DVD player from different regions and such!
          It's all audio material, no video. You don't need to worry about region-specific stuff at all.

Hope that helps!

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          Twitter

Comment

I'm looking forward to series 3.
            By the way everyone.

Just to let you know. JMSwallow has written some other audio adventures.
            A couple set in the WH40k universe.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              Just to let you know. JMSwallow has written some other audio adventures.
              A couple set in the WH40k universe.
              ...and Doctor Who, and Blake's 7, and Judge Dredd...

Out Now:
              Twitter

Comment

Update - this month's Big Finish podcast features a clip from the new SG1 audio series at the end: http://t.co/YXS9mloE

Out Now:
                Twitter

Comment

It was fantastic to hear their voices and those sound effects again. It's been too long... Can't wait for Season 3.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Another update...

Big Finish's free downloadable magazine Vortex (issue #39) features a behind-the-scenes article on the upcoming Stargate SG-1 audio dramas (http://bigfinish.com/vortex/v/39).

There's also a competition on the new May podcast to win a copy of the first box-set.

Incidentally; I'll be appearing at the Inva2ion convention in London this month to talk about the new series and the novels...

Out Now:
                    Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the link.

I'm attending the Inva2ion convention and look forward to listening to your talks.

Comment

Another update! Trailer for the first box set is now on-line here: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...3-part-one-771

Out Now:
                        Twitter

Comment

Just ordered my copy! Can't wait for some new Stargate fun!
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I can't wait as well, which may is it gonna be released because its nearly the end of the month and on the big finish website it says only "out in may" I'm glad there are new stories though and I enjoyed them before my favorite is gift of the gods and the one with Vala and Daniel, as well as perchance to dream
                            sigpic

Comment

I am proud to announce that the first box set of series three of the Stargate SG-1 audio dramas will be on-line today!

"Stargate SG-1: Series Three – Part One is now available to order as a box set (£30 + postage) or download (£25) and comprises the stories Half Life by James Swallow, An Eye for an Eye by Sally Malcolm and Infiltration by Steve Lyons.

A second trilogy of tales,Stargate SG-1: Series Three – Part Two, will be released in August 2012 and is available as a pre-orderfor either the box set or download at the discounted price of £25 (with no postage for UK purchasers) and £20 respectively."

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/seri...e-sg-1-is-a-go

Here's a link to order page: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...3-part-one-771

Out Now:
                              Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the heads up. I'll be off to the Big Finish site to place an order.

And Thank you for the links.

Comment

Working...
                                X