No announcement yet.

Stargate Audiobooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the help. well i love vala ,thought she was a great charather. but im gonna check it out
    now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

Just got my copy of FIRST PRIME in the mail today.

Can't wait to hear it.

I hope Big Finish does more 2 or 3 people stories. Not quite a Full-Cast drama, but the interplay between characters is always magic. I know scheduling actors is probably next to IMPOSSIBLE.

I also can't wait to hear Noel Clarke as SEBE'T.........love him on DOCTOR WHO.......can't wait to hear him as a Jaffa.

I posted a quick bit about how I think Big Finish could "possibly" hook RDA into an Audio, over at the Big Finish Forums. Arrange for his fee & some of the proceeds to go to his charity work.....and he MAY surprise you.

Also............if any BIG FINISH EXECS are reading this (somebody could read this to NON-Stargate fan Nick Briggs), any plans to be at the upcoming CHICAGO STARGATE Convention???? It is definitely a HUGE Stargate event AND a PERFECT chance to hook some new North American fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMark View Post
        Also............if any BIG FINISH EXECS are reading this (somebody could read this to NON-Stargate fan Nick Briggs), any plans to be at the upcoming CHICAGO STARGATE Convention???? It is definitely a HUGE Stargate event AND a PERFECT chance to hook some new North American fans.
        Or the one that will be in Los Angeles this November. Last year's Creation con in Burbank had a panel with representatives from Quantum Mechanix talking about their Stargate products. It'd be a nice follow-up this year to have the folks from Big Finish come out to talk about the current dramas (and hopefully more to come!). (maybe even a joint presentation with Fandemonium, as a few of the writers have done projects for both companies)
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Or the one that will be in Los Angeles this November. Last year's Creation con in Burbank had a panel with representatives from Quantum Mechanix talking about their Stargate products. It'd be a nice follow-up this year to have the folks from Big Finish come out to talk about the current dramas (and hopefully more to come!). (maybe even a joint presentation with Fandemonium, as a few of the writers have done projects for both companies)
          I'm not a BF exec, just a writer guy; but I'm sure that if the folks running the Creation conventions were interested in having BF/Fandemonium writers at one of their events, we'd be more than happy to go along. But as I understand it, the organizers don't have much interest in guests who are not actors.

Out Now:
          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
            But as I understand it, the organizers don't have much interest in guests who are not actors.

Pity....because the attendees do.

I would be impressed if BIG FINISH would just set up a booth and "show their wares". They could do a "meet & greet" with the fans from the Dealers Room. An Exec & a writer or two could "man the table" and get the word out.

SELL THEM CDs ! ! ! ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
              I'm not a BF exec, just a writer guy; but I'm sure that if the folks running the Creation conventions were interested in having BF/Fandemonium writers at one of their events, we'd be more than happy to go along. But as I understand it, the organizers don't have much interest in guests who are not actors.
              Which is odd, because as I said, they had a presentation from Quantum Mechanix at their con in Burbank last November...

I agree with GateMark; I'd love to at least see BF get a booth/table in the dealers room to meet and greet and sell (and maybe sign!) CDs. It certainly doesn't have to be just at cons run by Creation, either; other independent cons like DragonCon and Comic-Con San Diego would be great opportunities to make an in-person appearance. And really, they're more geared to small-to-medium-press entities like BF anyway.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First Prime arrived in my mail box today here in Sydney. Had a listen... excellent script, but Christopher Judge's voice work is a little lacking. That said, it's mentioned in the interview afterwards that he hasn't done an audiobook before, so hopefully if he does another in the future there will be improvements.

Guest voice Noel Clarke (aka Mickey from Dr Who) is a v. good addition.

Comment

just heard ''shell game'' i loved it!! have to get me more!
                  i think BF should have more samples to listen to.
                  now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

just a side note i ordered the audiobooks season 2 from the big finish site, however im in aus. does anyone know how they send them out as they get released?
                    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Loved FIRST PRIME! ! !

I thought Chris did a fantastic job. Definitely bring him back !!!

If you read this JMSWALLOW, I had a couple of questions.......

1) I notice they didn't put the story placement on the CD like they did last year. It obviously takes place AFTER season 4's WATERGATE, but before the end of season 5. Do you have a more specific time frame???

2) Who did the voice of APOPHIS??? I assume it was either CHRIS or NOEL???

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
                      just a side note i ordered the audiobooks season 2 from the big finish site, however im in aus. does anyone know how they send them out as they get released?
                      They send out subscription orders, lately it's been at the end of the month, individually wrapped in a gray pack. They ship pretty much anywhere as far as I can tell. With your subscription you also get a download of the story too. Though they have as yet NOT posted FIRST PRIME to my account. As someone who subscribes to MULTIPLE Big Finish lines, I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the company.

Comment

As I recall, it took a while to get the downloads up when Series 1 first started coming out, too. But once they got that miscue squared away, things went quite well. Though I do wish they'd ship the CDs in something sturdier than a bubble envelope; a couple of jewel cases arrived cracked (though the discs themselves were fine).

So, the Series 2 CDs don't have any notes on the timeline placement? I had noticed there was just a "TBC" in that spot on the webpages for each of the CDs, but I was hoping there would be something on the label/liner notes like there was for Series 1. Bummer. It's nice to have that information to put the story in context with the TV series.

Comment

They send out subscription orders, lately it's been at the end of the month, individually wrapped in a gray pack. They ship pretty much anywhere as far as I can tell. With your subscription you also get a download of the story too. Though they have as yet NOT posted FIRST PRIME to my account. As someone who subscribes to MULTIPLE Big Finish lines, I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the company.
                          So I assume you already have yours, thus my question is when did they send yours and where are you? as I am in Aus and am a tad worried that I might no be getting it?

Comment

2) Who did the voice of APOPHIS??? I assume it was either CHRIS or NOEL???
                            Chris.
                            SF Sounds - for Music & Audio Samples

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
                              So I assume you already have yours, thus my question is when did they send yours and where are you? as I am in Aus and am a tad worried that I might no be getting it?
                              Depends when you ordered it maybe?? I pre-ordered the entire series a while back. I live in Sydney and got it yesterday. Give it a few more days and then send an email maybe?? With last series, one of the CDs didn't arrive and they were more than helpful in sending a replacement.

Comment

Hey guys, got in contact with big finish they said thursday next week i should expect them, and yes I'm in Sydney too, but i can wait the few extra days, look forward to hearing it

Comment

Working...
                                X