amazon.co.uk
    Stargate season 1: £22.97
    Stargate season 9: £45.98
    Stargate season 10: Not Available

amazon.com (thin packs)
    Stargate season 1: $41.99 = £21
    Stargate season 9: $29.99 = £15
    Stargate season 10: $32.49 = £16

does anyone else feel like they're getting ROYALY SHAFTED?
    Come on guys, we all know that + =

Britain is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by grub5000 View Post
      amazon.co.uk

amazon.com (thin packs)

Not really because it happens with virtually everything over here! Also it isn't new as it's been happening like that for as long as I can remember. Especially with DVD's, CD's etc.

The upcoming SG-1 movies I fear will be a lot more expensive over here at least 15 quid each, what they'll be in the US. More likely to be around a tenner.

It's not like you can order from the US & import them to save money. Some things you can, but others the postage costs can be more expensive than the item itself.

I was looking for a new arm curl machine last year. Cheapest one was £300 for a crappy home one that was plate loaded. While I found the same one on a US fitness website for £75.

I bought 20 DVD's as xmas presents last year. Got a note through the door a week before from Royal Mail in combination with customs. Ended up having to pay just under £30 for them to be released to me.

Everything is more expensive over here & I don't think that's ever gonna change. So I don't really feel ripped off because it's always been the same since I can remember. Maybe when teleportation is eventually invented & they can bring everything over cheap from other parts of the world, then we may finally start to see prices evening themselves out. Sadly, I doubt we'll all be hear at the time to enjoy the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Britain is expensive.
        Too expensive for the ordinary folks who don't have huge disposable incomes!

Comment

Originally posted by grub5000 View Post
          amazon.co.uk

amazon.com (thin packs)

Yes i certainly do, it's the same with most things unfortunately like Dvd's and computer games. I very rarely buy anything as soon as it's released and even if it takes six months or a year for the price to drop i'm happy to wait.

Comment

If it's worth watching then it should be worth paying for.

Comment

Its probably VAT, (Value Added Tax) 21% tax added to most non-essential items. Everyone in the EU pays it

Its basically funds the EU, which spends the money on development projects throughout the continent
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                Its probably VAT, (Value Added Tax) 21% tax added to most non-essential items. Everyone in the EU pays it

Its basically funds the EU, which spends the money on development projects throughout the continent
                21% Tax on all non-essential items? Are you serious?

And I thought my state's 8.8% sales tax was annoying.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  If it's worth watching then it should be worth paying for.
                  how do you know its worth watching till you've watched it?
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

You don't, but the post implied he/she wouldn't be buying them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                      21% Tax on all non-essential items? Are you serious?

And I thought my state's 8.8% sales tax was annoying.
                      but our ambulances won't leave you at the side of the road if you aren't insured

as I said in another thread, taxes are relative, you pay less, we have more services.
                      sigpic
                      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Amazon is known for offering stuff cheaper. Quite a bit cheaper in fact. In terms of US tpo British currency, yeah, it's ALWAYS cheaper for you britsto buy stuff over here. But then you gotta SHIP it. So what you would save is lost due to shipping when you order from the US Amazon site as opposed to the British Amazon site. The funny thing is, you'd expect the british site to be cheaper to begin with! (You're not paying for customs and overseas shipping!) Some things in this world will never be explained.

Comment

In the UK I prefer ordering from Play.com rather than amazon - they are sometimes a bit cheaper, don't charge for delivery and are generally better in my opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post

since when has VAT been 21%, i always thought it was 17.5%!! unless it's 21% in ireland?
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

According to Wikipedia, VAT is 17.5% in the UK, and 21% in Ireland.
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                              X