This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sg1 season 8 disk problem

I recently bought the complete collection of stargate slimpack's DVD box set’s but when I got round to watching sg-1 season 8 and put the first disc in I realised that the disc was infact season 3 disc 1 and mgm must of made a mistake while packaging the box set.

I’ve tried to contact the seller on e-bay who I bought the box sets off but he is no longer a registered user, so does anyone know how I’ll go about obtaining a season 8 disc 1 on it's own??????????????????????

I don't know about region 1, but you can buy the region 2 discs separately.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-SG-...4149930&sr=8-3

It has the first 4 episodes of S8, the region 1 and region 2 DVDs are different so I don't know if you need anymore than these 4
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Wraith View Post
      I recently bought the complete collection of stargate slimpack's DVD box set’s but when I got round to watching sg-1 season 8 and put the first disc in I realised that the disc was infact season 3 disc 1 and mgm must of made a mistake while packaging the box set.

I’ve tried to contact the seller on e-bay who I bought the box sets off but he is no longer a registered user, so does anyone know how I’ll go about obtaining a season 8 disc 1 on it's own??????????????????????
      You can buy it seperate but not if it's region 1. My guess is the user shafted you. If it was unopend it would still be very easy to duplicate the plastic wrap. I havent heard of this error before so my guess is if the user is gone you got shafted.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

wow, i am not sure were you are located though, but there try Zia records exchange and they sell movies and stuff and they sell things like that separately
        or maybe you can find a place simliar like that ,i hope that helps
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          You can buy it seperate but not if it's region 1. My guess is the user shafted you. If it was unopend it would still be very easy to duplicate the plastic wrap. I havent heard of this error before so my guess is if the user is gone you got shafted.

More than likely, the seller may have put the incorrect disc in the box. There were no issues with Season 8 discs being mis-packaged (however, i there was an issue with the Region one set getting the Short version (43 minute) episode of Threads instead of the longer version. A rebate program was executed to correct that problem. That was the only issue with Season 8.

Since the e-bay seller is no longer registered, you may not have much recourse except to look around on e-bay and see if the individual disc you need is available. In case you haven't gone through "official" e-bay assistance, contact ebay and give them as much information as you can regarding your cirumstance and they may be able to help. No guarantee, though.

Comment

i bought my season 8 earlier this year from best buy and come to find out mine was missing a disc to begin with. the slipcover was missing. the way the package was you could tell it was that way when shipped. it took me over an hour to exchange it at my best buy thanks to the fact that it was the same day as windows vista coming out.
            i hope everything works out for you .
            sigpic

Request signatures/wallpaper here.
            check out everything i've made so far

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
              More than likely, the seller may have put the incorrect disc in the box. There were no issues with Season 8 discs being mis-packaged (however, i there was an issue with the Region one set getting the Short version (43 minute) episode of Threads instead of the longer version. A rebate program was executed to correct that problem. That was the only issue with Season 8.
              Can you tell me more about this issue? I heard something about it, but there was nothing in the box when I bought the box set telling me about it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Wraith View Post

I had the same problem with Season 9 slim pack. The 3 disk was from season 7. I had bought it at Wal-Mart but they could not exchange it. I am a regular customer at my local video store. They exchanged it for me and gave me a new box set. If I might suggest trying that idea out.

Comment

Working...
                X