• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Creation Entertainment: Official US Postage Stamps

From a Creation Entertainment e-mail newsleter:

STARGATE SG-1/ATLANTIS OFFICIAL STAMPS RELEASED IN LIMITED EDITION

http://www.creationent.com/sg1/index2.htm

$12.95 per page of 41 cent US Postage Stamps (looks like there are 10 stamps per page).

Creation Entertainment in association with MGM Consumer Products is proud to present the first in a series of officially licensed Stargate SG 1 and Stargate Atlantis U.S. postage stamps. There are 10 stamps on each page. Only 100 of these pages will be manufactured. You can collect them or use them to send your mail, so be the first to own these exciting new and very limited collectibles today.

Pages include: Stargate Atlantis Cast (current cast), Samantha Carter, Stargate SG-1 Cast (current cast - no RDA), Dr. Daniel Jackson .

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I got the email too. For that kind of moneoy, who would want to really use one of those stamps, which comes out to $1.295 before, er, postage? They should have done a selection on each stamp, really, one of each character, like

SGA - shep, mckay, teyla, weir, ronon, zelenka, wraith, etc.
    SG1 - jack, sam, daniel, teal'c, hammond, thor, jonas, etc.

I mean, MGM/whoever has the rights to all images. Be interesting to see how they sell and if anybody uses 'em

Comment

I must remember to check my email more often. Those are really cool. I'll be buying one of Atlantis and SG1. I collect stamps that deal with 'space'. Having ones of my favorite show? Too cool.
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

Neato. If I mailed letters, I'd probably use them.

Comment

Yeah i saw this email... Stamps! Whatever will they think of next!

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

There is a limited supply, so it'll be interesting to see how many people actually use them and how many of them just end up as collectibles.

I think it's AWESOME that there is a stamp with Amanda's picture on it.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I agree with Prion- why is there one collection focused on Carter, and one on Daniel- but the other two are team shots? You'd think there'd be at least one of O'Neill, who was responsible for much of the show's popularity, and of Sheppard, who is the main dude from SGA!

What makes me drool is the t-shirt, further down the page after the stamps, with the SGA season 3 cast pic. I bought that poster from the con here recently and they are so PRETTY! *squee*
                'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                  I agree with Prion- why is there one collection focused on Carter, and one on Daniel- but the other two are team shots? You'd think there'd be at least one of O'Neill, who was responsible for much of the show's popularity, and of Sheppard, who is the main dude from SGA!

What makes me drool is the t-shirt, further down the page after the stamps, with the SGA season 3 cast pic. I bought that poster from the con here recently and they are so PRETTY! *squee*
                  Yeah, the t-shirt is neat. I'd like to get a stamp collection of SGA and SGA with one character per stamps, so all the cast are represented. I would think that since MGM owns all hte rights to the images, there'd be no problem. They should have done a poll, really, I'd buy a cast set as I described, but otherwise, too pricey for stamps I can't brng myself to use (especially after seeing gas shoot to a whole dime in less than one day). We're at $3.24 and I suspect they'll have some vague reason to jack it up another dime in a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by surfinmuffin View Post
                    Yeah i saw this email... Stamps! Whatever will they think of next!
                    Well, there's all toilet tissue ....

Comment

... toilet seats that make the "Kawoosh"-sound when flushing...
                      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                        ... toilet seats that make the "Kawoosh"-sound when flushing...
                        Don't they do that already? What about ones that play the unoffical Stargate theme song? And end with a 'G-g-g-g-g-oald'...XP

I'd like to see t-shirts that actually fit. All the sci-fi t-shirts here are huge. The store dude said it's because fans tend to be overweight middle-aged men [poking fun at himself], but it's discrimination!

I'd like someone to send me a letter with a Stargate stamp on it! But I don't think I'd actually buy a set unless they represented all the characters equally.
                        'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                        will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                        It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                        Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Are the SG-1 group stamps sold out? I was going to order the Atlantis and SG-1 sets. (the Daniel, Sam, and Atlantis stamps are the only ones listed on the website)

Comment

Stamps? Amazing what they come up with.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X