• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.redfordfilms.com/product/...aster_Set.html
    Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
    Thor: O'Neill.
    Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
    Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
    Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

That's the same price I saw them for at Entertainment Earth. A little pricey for 4 stands considering how many I would need. I guess I could showcase 4 figures at a time.

Comment

Not a Stargate custom but relevant none the less

A Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes from Ironman

A big thankyou to jwringo1 for supplying me with a peaked airforce cap

(cant remeber the body) but its an altered TTL Dark Blue Suit with insignia I sourced from the web and the bay, the HT sculpt, a tie I found and tried (unsuccessfully to darken to the same colour as the suit)

Im pleased with the overall result and would recommend the TTL for those thinking about going for a dress uniform for the airforce etc.

Last edited by Mooncat; 23 November 2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

That looks awesome!

I remember you gave the link to the TTL suit once, it's this one, yes?

http://www.vikingplayground.com/prod...idproduct=2419

I agree it looks much better than the one I have from GI Joe. Well, at least I could use the hat and the tie, so it was not a totally waste.

What I didn't like about it, that it is so stiched down in the middle. It looks like a well taylored suit but not like the Air Force uniform, either. The jacket should be more straight. I'm not sure whether it would even fit my Jack?

The other figure in the middle of your picture, with the wide open arms, does he wear a different suit? There the jacket looks more straight. I'm not sure about the color, though.

I have not been able to find insignias so far, could you please give me a link where you found them? They are wonderful! I thought about printing it on shrinky dink but it would be hard to figure out the right size.
          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Hi Astra yep its the TTL with a few tweaks (i added the fasteners) and turned the waistcoat into epilates and theres still a few things I need to change . . the silver button position on Rhodey's is tighter at the front and higher. Thankfully the buttons are simply silver fasteners that I can thread in and out so its only a case of threading them a bit higher hopefully the holes that i created slipping them in wont be noticable

The suit on the Stark figure was one brought out by Hot Toys :

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?pro...3&cat=0&page=2

This might be worth looking at:

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?pro...cat=112&page=1

Find a parted out DX Joker and using the Police uniform from that as your base ? if the TTL isnt up your street

The insignia I can help you out with as I ordered sets and havent used everything in my sets plus I order stuff twice in case I frak up the first

The U.S. collar I cant supply as I only have one of them left (sorry lost one)

but everything else on the insignia side including he buttons (the ribbons and name tag are printed of on a inkjet printer, then glued to a thin folded piece of plastic)

There yours if you pay the postage from me to you

Comment

Scrub that, found the lost U.S. collar insignia so I have everything, thinking about it the postage will be what . . . a euro ? so that doesnt matter

So lmk your address and Ill post it to you

Comment

I'm late with congratulations Mooncat but excellent, excellant work! I really love your James Rhodes figure. A lot of work went into that. I'm truly envious.
                Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

After seeing so many beautiful 1:6 customs I would like to show my attempt at Sam Carter. I finished her more than half a year ago and never got to show her.
                  For a long time she was my biggest custom project, because a lot of the stuff you see is made from scratch: holster, jacket, head, harness for P90.
                  Many parts were modified: pants, body, P90, Omega vest.
                  And a few parts were left unaltered: boots, watch, black t-shirt.
                  It took me about 3 months from start to finish, but I am glad I did it.

sigpic

Comment

Wow that sculpts very good as is the whole figure, its superbly proportioned.

Comment

A lot of work went into that Sam, I'm sure more then you can even see, but my favorite part of that figure is the zat holster. Excellent work!
                      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Hadn't posted anything in a while, so I just finished this. Ronon with coat and sword. I'm trying to work on things I had half done so here he is, with the base figure for comparison.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                        Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

NIIIIICE! Looks great Bob. Good job, I love it.

Comment

WOW!!! No posts here for over a Month?!?!?

Well, here's the first prototype of the SGA uniforms I have my seamstress working on, we're making one of everything! The patches are scale reporductions and are removable...

I'll post more pics on my www.facebook.com/gatecreator page as we get them made!

Comment

That uniform set looks great! Would love to see further updates.

Comment

Wow! Love the uniform. I've taken a pretty huge break from SG customs. They need another movie to re-energize me. lol My last projects involved accessories for the 6" figures. I made a P-90 harness, pistol belts with drop down holsters and ammo pouches, the belts attach to the vests. Everything is removable and interchangeable. I also did interchangeable heads on most of the figures. Now instead of multiple figures (and huge costs) I can just change heads and accessories on the same few bodies. If there is any interest, (I'll try and get pics up) I can make kits available. Glad this thread is back. I couldn't find it when the new format kicked in.

Comment

Working...
                                X