A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson glasses:

Made from the clear plastic packaging of an action figure. Not %100 happy with it, first try but now that I know what I'm doing(???) I think the second round will be much better.
    Just wanted to show it, let you know what it was made from cause I remember it was a topic of discussion a while back.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
    Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

Mooncat, I love the movie O'Neil! That sculpt from Lonnie is mint. Great selection of gear. I especially like the patches and the beret.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Really great! Would like to see how the movie figures would of turned out with you behind them.
        sigpic

Comment

Thx for the comments guys

MY HT Iron Mk 1 arrived this morning along with

a replacement F302 from Qmx Andy and Jessica (thx)
          2 x Narrow Shouldered Truetypes
          2 x Slim Truetypes

I was never happy with the bulkiness of my Sheppard and ordered the narrow shouldered to replace his normal truetype

But ended up going with the slim in the end

Heres the result

the old one

Comment

I agree, that slimmer figure does look a lot better.

Comment

Well, this has been in the works for a couple of weeks off and on. I'm not a good sculptor so I hunted around for a head I was happy with, made due even though its still does look like her. Tried to capture the best likeness I could....here she is Dr Janet Fraiser:

Comment

Not a figure, but I didn't know where to post it. Been working on this in between my custom work. Travelers/Ronon gun: I did not make this, I got it off Ebay, it's a resin model kit. I put it together and painted it. Its about %80 done right now.

What do you think?
                P.S. Never heard anything about the Fraiser, is it that bad?

Comment

I think Ive seen this kit online, infact I think ive got 3 kits here that Ive yet to get round to doing: Lawgiver, Zat & BSG Season 1 pistol.

Is it a solid piece of resin ?

Anyway nice job the gun metal looks good, Id weather it though (weathering metal paints etc or just the gun metal base lightened up a touch), as I think it would make it more real, I intend to do that with all mine, weather them generally and round the bits that would see some action, the metal bits of the handle, trigger and certain parts of the stock, try applying it with a scouring pad lightly (so you dont scratch the base paint off) etc. maybe some weathering powders worked into the nooks and crannies ?

A suggestion anyway, great job so far

Comment

Yes, this guy sells a lot of stuff on Ebay. Some other stuff I want to get, just don't have the spare cash right now.
                    All of the parts are solid except for the cylinder(so you could put a battery and light in it). So far that is just the base coat of paint, used the hammered finish spray paint(and of coarse the primer). I figured that texture would help cause I was planning to drydrush it a bit.
                    Thanks for the feedback Mooncat.

Comment

I love Ronon's gun, looks great so far. If you're happy with the kit overall I might just have to think about getting one myself. That's all I need, one more unfinished project.

I really like Janet, but... (not trying to be obnoxious or nitpicky here) the style of the skirt doesn't quite fit. It looks a bit casual for an air force uniform. I love the accessories you’ve added.
                      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                        I love Ronon's gun, looks great so far. If you're happy with the kit overall I might just have to think about getting one myself. That's all I need, one more unfinished project.
                        Here is a link to it if you are interested:
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/SG-ATLANTIS-Rono...item439aa767ff

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                        I really like Janet, but... (not trying to be obnoxious or nitpicky here) the style of the skirt doesn't quite fit. It looks a bit casual for an air force uniform. I love the accessories you’ve added.
                        I do know what you mean. I have a tendency to rush things. I should have waited to get my epoxy sculpt so I could fix the collar, which I may still do.
                        As I am still not fond of that head....she will be an on going project I think, finished for now, but I will return to her in the future.

I'm planning to work on the Wraith Keeper from the pilot episode of Atlantis next, also a pigtailed Vala as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobtheodd View Post

(Snippage)
                          I do know what you mean. I have a tendency to rush things. I should have waited to get my epoxy sculpt so I could fix the collar, which I may still do.
                          As I am still not fond of that head....she will be an on going project I think, finished for now, but I will return to her in the future.

I'm planning to work on the Wraith Keeper from the pilot episode of Atlantis next, also a pigtailed Vala as well.

Rushing figures - its easily done Bob! I have done that in the past too, and my best work is def the figures that took the longest, construction and painting. I think for me Dr Fraser works escept the eyes, they are a little flat compared to Ms Rothery. - Don't feel bad though, eyes are a bloody nightmare to get right, I usually leave them an incorrect colour!

Looking forward to seeing Vala and the Keeper - but no hurry!! - Take your time.

By the way guys, are Male SG1 / Atlantis character heads compatable with a Galactica figure's body? I have a long term idea brewing...
                          Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 18 October 2009, 01:13 PM.
                          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                            By the way guys, are Male SG1 / Atlantis character heads compatable with a Galactica figure's body? I have a long term idea brewing...
                            Based on the experiences I've had it should work. You might find slight variations in sizes but they shouldn't be a problem. You've really got me curious now.

Comment

Been a while since i did my Sg-1 team but thought I'd share these with you,
                              I've had this idea for ages but have only just put them together,
                              these are the Quantum Mechanix SG-1 Coasters, I've always wanted to use them as stand bases and have finally had time this week (Hols) what do you think guys???

Kindest regards
                              Tys
                              Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
                              Thor: O'Neill.
                              Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
                              Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
                              Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Love the coasters/stands idea. Consider that one borrowed. Now where to get the stands for a decent price. I think they would work even better with the smaller 7" figures. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X