A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine are different ones i cant check atm but ill do a pic for comparisons

EDIT: OK heres a side by side pic of the Aviator Jacket the pants I bought as a BDU set and the set that comes on the DST figure

Theres some colour difference (apologies for the focus it was a quicky) but its negligible

Last edited by Mooncat; 15 July 2009, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comparison Mooncat. I may upgrade my BDU pants later. In your original post you mentioned this,
      HOT TOYS 1/6 SCALE U.S SECRET SERVICE ERT DROP LEG BAG

I cannot find a good picture of this item. Could you post a photo of it on O'Neill? Is this how big it is?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-U-S...mZ330341329997
      Becuase in your photos it doesn't seem this big.

Also, if I was interested in doing a Sam and Teal'c what would be the best way to get the heads? Have you found a decent female 12" figure that could be used? I see you listed the body that you used for Teal'c. I cannot find the staff weapon for sale, how did you pick that up?

Thanks!
      Last edited by HirogenGater; 18 July 2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        Thanks for the comparison Mooncat. I may upgrade my BDU pants later. In your original post you mentioned this,
        HOT TOYS 1/6 SCALE U.S SECRET SERVICE ERT DROP LEG BAG

I cannot find a good picture of this item. Could you post a photo of it on O'Neill? Is this how big it is?
        http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-U-S...mZ330341329997
        Becuase in your photos it doesn't seem this big.

Also, if I was interested in doing a Sam and Teal'c what would be the best way to get the heads? Have you found a decent female 12" figure that could be used? I see you listed the body that you used for Teal'c. I cannot find the staff weapon for sale, how did you pick that up?

Thanks!
        Couldnt see the drop leg I picked up on the bay

Closest I could find is

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Soldier-Stor...3286.m20.l1116

Thats pretty close but mine didnt have the pins stripes in the leg straps

Heads for Carter, O'Neill and Teal'c were from lonnie at h2 creative

http://www.h2creative.com/

So was the Jaffa stick

Teal'c's body is rare and expensive infact I had to buy a complete figure )Hot Toys Apollo Creed) and sell the rest of the items I didnt want

Carters is a CY girl, but I sculpted the headsculpt sent from Lonnie onto the body so she has no articulation in the neck (she cant turn her head) Lonnies sculpts ok but it doesnt seem designed for a specific body or at least a specific body with the neck exposed.
        Last edited by Mooncat; 19 July 2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Interesting Mooncat, thanks for the response. H2creative appears to be out of the Stargate heads, I will have to keep checking back. Looks like Tealc will be one of my last SG members to do. I am going to focus on gearing up O'Neill and Jackson first.

Comment

Years ago I read a fan fiction that created an alternate timeline from “Children of the Gods”. In this storyline Sam is presumed dead in the escape from Chulak, Teal’c returns with the rest of SG-1 to earth and Bratac later trains Sam to be the new first prime of Apophis. There was also really great artwork to go with the story and it still remains one of my favorite fictions.

So for years I’ve wanted a figure of Sam as first prime but it was always outside the realm of possibilities. But when I saw the base figure at Toys-R-Us I simply had to dust off the idea. I’m calling this version one because it doesn’t quite convey the idea that I wanted, more like Sam in armor then Sam as first prime, but it’s farther then I’ve reached in the past.

Sam as First Prime v.1

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Unusual take m8 I likes it

Always like something that shows Tappings Tits off

starting to appreciate the sculpts these figures have, some of them are superb !

Comment

Blues, you have outdone yourself again. Fantastic work!!!!

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

That is amazing, Blues! What body did you use?

Comment

Thanks everyone. And you always make me laugh Mooncat.

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                    That is amazing, Blues! What body did you use?
                    It's a DC Big Barda. The scale is a little smaller than stargate but fits well and the head popped on perfectly.
                    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

roll my blues, your warrior Sam is the most unique thing I ever have seen in customs! What a great idea, and it turned out great, too. You never cease to amaze me!

I wanted to show what I did with Jack's dress uniform yesterday. The big one. The little one still misses his medals and name tag and stars. The big one also needs name tag and medals yet, but at least he has two stars.

Jack as a whole with changed uniform:

I cut off the breast pockets, and I also cut off the other pockets, only leaving the flap of them, since at the real uniform they are no real pockets at all. I also cut off the fourth button so that there are only three, and I tried to sew the jacket opening into place, so that it would show more of the shirt beneath:

The pant legs I made longer. There was an amount of cloth inside, so I opened the seam and let it out:

I also added stars. Those are simple stickers which I just painted silver:

The entry that shows this uniform how it originally looked you can find here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=724
                      Last edited by GermanAstra; 23 August 2009, 12:43 AM.
                      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Great Job Blue, a true custom! What did you use for the collar? Is it the same material you for the front cod piece. OK in this case not a cod piece the front cloth thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Montu View Post
                          Great Job Blue, a true custom! What did you use for the collar? Is it the same material you for the front cod piece. OK in this case not a cod piece the front cloth thing.
                          Many thanks! The collar, shoulder armor piece was off another figure, found in my little parts bin. Everything added on to it, including whatever that front thing is, haha, is from a thin craft foam I got at the dollar store. Good stuff that I'll probably use again. Has some flex and texture and takes paint decently.

Comment

here's a few new pics in case anyone might be interested!
                            Attached Files

Comment

I also have a folder full of much better pictures here on Gateworld that is open to the public, or go to www.myspace.com/gatecreator to see a lot more of my stuff!
                              Last edited by jwringo1; 21 August 2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Here's my 40-inch gate lit-up and the event horizon temporarily in, with my 1/6 Ra, Anubis, and Horus with removable helmets and lit eyes. Ra's hand device lights-up as well but I didnt have it on for the picture, there's a picture of it lit in my album here on Gateworld.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X