No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks superb m8, Tealc's expressions very Grrrrr what head is that from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
      Looks superb m8, Tealc's expressions very Grrrrr what head is that from ?
      Thanks Mooncat

The head and body are from a 12" Jakks Pacific WWE Bobby Lashley wrestler figure,
      I saw one the other week in Toys R Us in Preston but it was £19.99 and thought it was perfect,
      however thought I'd wait and see if the net had it cheaper.......£4.99 +£3.50 PP from Ebay YAY!!!

I think the face goes better in an action pose but he'll do, Really struggled on the Jaffa Symbol, still not really happy with it,looking into some alternatives,

Kindest regards
      Tys
      Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
      Thor: O'Neill.
      Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
      Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
      Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

You repainted it ? its a bit shiny atm, and tbh I thought youd bought some type of Teal'c bobble head and used that, the likeness is great considering its not even trying to be Teal'c

Didnt realise you were so close geographically Im in Sunny St. Helens btw

Comment

No haven't re-painted him he's straight out of the box, gonna look at a dullcoat for him I think

Kindest regards
          Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Didn't realise you were a fellow Brit Mooncat
            Yup Glorious Barrow-in-Furness
            Not quite the end of the Earth but you can see it from here,we're the biggest Cul-de-sac in the Country LOL

Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

That was a great idea for Teal'c! I agree about the dullcote. Other then the plastic toy shine he looks fantastic. Look at that, the whole team done. Mint.
              Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

I agree, you did a wonderful job, on all of them!

Only thing bothering me in your pictures is the puppet stand. Don't they stand on their own? I think it would add to the realistic feeling if they would. Maybe pose them somewhere in the woods - can't wait for some "action" shots!

Really need to get a knife and holster for my Jack, also. I just never know which kind, there are so many out there...

Today I got a GI Joe dress uniform for my Jack. It looks a bit outdated (was re-published some years ago, and very rare to find), so I guess I'l have to customize that a bit. You know, add medals, and also the hat needs some redo, since Jack is a general.
                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Sweet! Very nice looking team there. My wife ran the battery down in my camera so I'll have to get another and get some pics. I'm working on a P-90 harness right now. Haven't quite gotten it down yet. Need some decent AF patches for them and a few more will be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                    I agree, you did a wonderful job, on all of them!

Only thing bothering me in your pictures is the puppet stand. Don't they stand on their own? I think it would add to the realistic feeling if they would. Maybe pose them somewhere in the woods - can't wait for some "action" shots!

Really need to get a knife and holster for my Jack, also. I just never know which kind, there are so many out there...

Today I got a GI Joe dress uniform for my Jack. It looks a bit outdated (was re-published some years ago, and very rare to find), so I guess I'l have to customize that a bit. You know, add medals, and also the hat needs some redo, since Jack is a general.
                    Hi Germanastra,
                    Thanks for the comments,
                    The "puppet" stands......LOL
                    My aim with these figs is for them to have that "Hot Toys" look,
                    And as Hot Toys figures all come with stands that's what I'm going for,
                    I have an addition planned for each of the bases but that's in the coming month,for when they go in the display cabinet,
                    I'm going to take some more piccys tonight if the weather holds,so will try and get some action shots in them,

As for the Knife they use, it's actually classed as a bayonet,

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Scale-DRAGON...3286.m20.l1116

Check out the link....that's what the team uses

Kindest regards
                    Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

TYS, you were asking for suggestions on how to get Carter's hair right... have you considered rewigging the figure? I'm assuming the head is about the size of a Barbie doll head, and the hair is rooted, right? You can shave the hair off and glue on a wig in the proper color. Do a search on Google or eBay for "Barbie doll wig" and you should find a lot of information and examples of what's out there. Good luck!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        TYS, you were asking for suggestions on how to get Carter's hair right... have you considered rewigging the figure? I'm assuming the head is about the size of a Barbie doll head, and the hair is rooted, right? You can shave the hair off and glue on a wig in the proper color. Do a search on Google or eBay for "Barbie doll wig" and you should find a lot of information and examples of what's out there. Good luck!
                        WOW...Hadn't thought of this,
                        Wigs for Barbie Dolls, who'd have thought it eh??? LOL
                        I've had a look and there's some of these with a great deal of potential,
                        Thank you very much

kindest regards
                        Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TYS View Post

As for the Knife they use, it's actually classed as a bayonet,

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Scale-DRAGON...3286.m20.l1116

Check out the link....that's what the team uses

Kindest regards
                          Tys
                          Thank you! Just ordered it! Am looking through the shop if there is anything else I want.
                          Last edited by GermanAstra; 11 June 2009, 12:30 PM.
                          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                            Thank you! Just ordered it! Will now look through the shop if there is anything else I want. Can you tell me, do I need an extra strap for it? I don't see one in the picture. Have you ordered from there and can you tell me whether there comes a strap with it?
                            I don't think it needs an extra strap (none of mine have)
                            Once you get the leg holster straps on there it gets a bit crowded round the side,
                            I think in the series they attach it to the belt and then let the scabbard hang down,
                            If I can help in any other way helping you source gear just ask

kindest regards
                            Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

TYS, those look awesome. I may pick up the 12" line to do the same.

Comment

Hey everybody, I'm the guy who supplied Tys with the patches for his figures. If you're interested in patches for your own figures, PM me and I'll give you further details.

David
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X