No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might try a dye on the hair or possibly bleaching it. Otherwise, this is a great looking figure.

Comment

I agree this is very nice work TYS, but something struck me, having read your comment baout the hair and seeing the face pics. If you had two, and left the second like this, but gave her a medical case and patches for SG7 - she could be an offworld Dr Fraser!
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
        I agree this is very nice work TYS, but something struck me, having read your comment baout the hair and seeing the face pics. If you had two, and left the second like this, but gave her a medical case and patches for SG7 - she could be an offworld Dr Fraser!
        Now THAT is a bloody good idea mate
        Will look into that one...................

Tys
        Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
        Thor: O'Neill.
        Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
        Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
        Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Roll fantastic paint m8

TYS had the same problem with the Wraith and real hair, bleaching doesnt work, paint just clumped together, I considered spray painting it but in the end I just left him as he was. You might try re-threading the hair - buy a scrunchie $2 - $3, take the existing hair out, and then re-thread the scrunchie hair, a bit of work (well alot) but its an option, plus cause she is wearing the hat you neednt do the whole head ?

Im contacting Lonnie today so Ill ask him about progress and point him at this thread.

Im gonna ask him for his Kurt Russell for a Movie version !

Also now that these 12 inch customs are all taking off who'd like a 12 inch enviroment for displaying them all ????

Im developing one myself and Sideshow has just announced a new range, theres one possibly two here that looks like it would have great possibilities :

Ive a few elements Ive bought of ebay (egyptian collectables) that I intend to use to expand this dio so I can fit my 4 man SG1 team in (possibly the Serpent Guard once finished and a movie version Kurt Russell) maybe my Sheppard although not strictly applicable (pics to follow once a few ebay items arrive)

But throw a ring transporter on the floor a MALP in one corner, maybe a few LED lights etc .. . . . well thats the plan for me !

EDIT: Had an email back from Lonnie today and unfortunately theres no updates on the SG1 sculpts
          Last edited by Mooncat; 01 June 2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
            Roll fantastic paint m8

TYS had the same problem with the Wraith and real hair, bleaching doesnt work, paint just clumped together, I considered spray painting it but in the end I just left him as he was. You might try re-threading the hair - buy a scrunchie $2 - $3, take the existing hair out, and then re-thread the scrunchie hair, a bit of work (well alot) but its an option, plus cause she is wearing the hat you neednt do the whole head ?

Im contacting Lonnie today so Ill ask him about progress and point him at this thread.

Im gonna ask him for his Kurt Russell for a Movie version !

Also now that these 12 inch customs are all taking off who'd like a 12 inch enviroment for displaying them all ????

Im developing one myself and Sideshow has just announced a new range, theres one possibly two here that looks like it would have great possibilities :

Ive a few elements Ive bought of ebay (egyptian collectables) that I intend to use to expand this dio so I can fit my 4 man SG1 team in (possibly the Serpent Guard once finished and a movie version Kurt Russell) maybe my Sheppard although not strictly applicable (pics to follow once a few ebay items arrive)

But throw a ring transporter on the floor a MALP in one corner, maybe a few LED lights etc .. . . . well thats the plan for me !

EDIT: Had an email back from Lonnie today and unfortunately theres no updates on the SG1 sculpts
            Hi Mooncat,
            Saw these Dios on the Sideshow forum and newsletter and it's wierd that looking at the Anubis one my mind didn't immediately think Cool I'll get that for my Sideshow Indy figure, i thought that would make a cool SG-1 base

Depends on cost though,
            Shame about the Lonnie sculpts,we'll just have to keep on bashin' LOL

Kindest regards
            Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Sheppards now complete (Les Walker 'Figure Master Les' headsculpt paint) the rest is moi

Comment

Awesome Work Mooncat,
                That's Sheppard alright
                Like the effect of his arm hair,
                Is that a stripped down Hot Toys P-90 ???
                Also where do you source your vests from ???

Kindest regards
                Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Well done on your Sheppard custom Mooncat! Hes great!

Comment

I agree, Shep looks great. The second pic from the top is so lifelike. I knew I was eventually want to redo mine when I saw yours. You've given me something to shoot for. I love the action shots!
                    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Gonna re-do the arm hair as its letting the figure down but beyond that Im very pleased ! May also try him on the slim shoulder HT body that I have on Pre-order,

Pre-ordered via ebay and Sideshow, but Im guessing the Ebay pre-order will eventually be escalated to a paypal claim, as its well over due

BTW TYS im selling those vests, theres a post on them somewhere on these boards, cant look now, but will later

EDIT : BACK

Ok revised that arm hair as it was bugging me, rubbed the 1st paint off then re-applied the paint using a damp scourer and wipedthem down the arm, that way I could get some fine lines going, heres the more toned down version:

and apologies TYS heres my commerce thread for the Vests (its on Sideshow Freaks)

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ht=omega+vests
                      Last edited by Mooncat; 03 June 2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Arms look even better now,
                        Well done mate,

ALSO COMING SOON !!! LOL
                        My figure arrived today that I'm going to change into Teal'c................................ It's got potential,
                        Will post when he's finished

Kindest regards
                        Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

I second that, looks even better.

EDIT: Neglected to say that I'm looking forward to your Teal'c TYS!
                          Last edited by roll my blues; 03 June 2009, 01:37 PM.
                          Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

BTW the Sideshow Anubis Enviroments have gone up for pre-order $89.99 plus delivery

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200027

Laterz

Comment

Got on well with 1/6 Teal'c today,
                              Should be posting through the week

Kindest regards
                              Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Ok folks,
                                Teal'c's DONE

With O'Neill

Finally....................SG-1

Gonna take some better piccys tommorow when the light is better,It's starting to fade in the UK now,

Teal'c's gear
                                Body and head..........................................WWE Maximum aggression Bobby Lashley Figure LOL
                                Jacket Dragon G8
                                Pants from Ebay
                                Holster Dragon from Ebay
                                Vest Ebay
                                Belt Ebay
                                Zat from DST Daniel 12" Figure
                                Boots..................Moulded to the legs LOL (I think they look OK )
                                Hands had to be cut and opened up as they were moulded in a fist with fingers pointing,
                                Patches from my buddy on OSW
                                Staff Weapon from Lonnie at H2Creative
                                Hot Toys bayonet
                                Jaffa Symbol....paper with gold pen on it,(I may change this in the future to get it more accurate)

Comments and Advice always welcome

Kindest regards
                                Tys
                                Last edited by TYS; 10 June 2009, 12:33 PM.

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X