No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tys whats that Daniels holding ? Where can I get one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooncat View Post
      Hey Tys whats that Daniels holding ? Where can I get one ?
      Hi Mooncat,
      It's an Egyptian jar from the Desert Camo wave 6 " Daniel DST figure,

He also came with the Weather device but that's a bit too small to use on 12" figs,

However the Jar goes from being a Vase size with the 6" figs to a more handy 'Osiris Jar' which is the effect I was going for

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask, always happy to help

Kindest regards
      Tys
      Last edited by TYS; 28 May 2009, 06:43 AM.
      Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
      Thor: O'Neill.
      Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
      Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
      Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

So, it is possible to remove DST-Jack's hands and put on others with gloves? How exactly do I do it? Don't want to break them... But I love your gloves! I saw some too, but was not sure whether they will fit.

I also bought cotton gloves, have to cut the fingers yet, though, and then try them on.
        Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
          So, it is possible to remove DST-Jack's hands and put on others with gloves? How exactly do I do it? Don't want to break them... But I love your gloves! I saw some too, but was not sure whether they will fit.

I also bought cotton gloves, have to cut the fingers yet, though, and then try them on.
          Hi GermanAstra,
          Yep changing Jack's hands is a doddle
          Just heat them up in hot water like the smaller figs, then pop them out,
          I used BBi hands so the hands have about a 1 cm peg on them I drilled a hole up the arm to accomodate them,used hot water to "pinch" the arms together to get a tighter fit on the holes and pushed the pegs in and that's it !!! :thumb

Kindest regards
          Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Thanks for the answer, TYS! I did not know it was not reversible. I'd love to have both possibilities, since I also use Jack for funny private situations. So I guess I will try my approach first.

Sorry to go slightly OT, but I recently bought an Obama figure, and he comes with three sets of different hands, which you just pop out and in. There is also a second head with different facial expression, but I have not dared to take that off yet.

If anybody has that figure too I'd love to chat with you privately about it! (And yes, next Friday I intend to post pictures of Jack O'Neill briefing the new president on the stargate programme, so stay tuned!)
            Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
              Thanks for the answer, TYS! I did not know it was not reversible. I'd love to have both possibilities, since I also use Jack for funny private situations. So I guess I will try my approach first.

Sorry to go slightly OT, but I recently bought an Obama figure, and he comes with three sets of different hands, which you just pop out and in. There is also a second head with different facial expression, but I have not dared to take that off yet.

If anybody has that figure too I'd love to chat with you privately about it! (And yes, next Friday I intend to post pictures of Jack O'Neill briefing the new president on the stargate programme, so stay tuned!)
              Hi GermanAstra,
              It IS Reversable !!!!

You Drill INTO the hole that's already there,
              The original hands will POP back in as the drill DOESN'T damage the area inside,
              You Just have to be careful when drilling !!!!

Kindest regards
              Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

I got my recast Jack figure head painted up this week. Although I think I painted him to look like Clint Eastwood as Jack O’Neill. I really enjoyed it though. I want to pick up various additional heads for the practice.

Clint vs George

In Action!

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

you guys are amazing!!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Jack looks seriously angry! Like someone peed in his Froot Loops. Great paint job though. I've got a few more figures to finish painting and then I swear I will get pics up. No luck with patches yet though. When I try to resize them, they still print full page. I mean huge. I don't understand why they would do that. Anyone have a file with the various Stargate patches already at the right size? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by roll my blues View Post
                      I got my recast Jack figure head painted up this week. Although I think I painted him to look like Clint Eastwood as Jack O’Neill. I really enjoyed it though. I want to pick up various additional heads for the practice.

Clint vs George

In Action!

I think the "Clint" Sculpt definitely has it over the "George" one,
                      Definitely more RDA than Clint though, I think you nailed him
                      Excellent paintwork on both though,
                      Is the George one an Ada Chan sculpt and the Clint one, one of Lonnie's from H2creative ???

Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TYS View Post
                        I think the "Clint" Sculpt definitely has it over the "George" one,
                        Definitely more RDA than Clint though, I think you nailed him
                        Excellent paintwork on both though,
                        Is the George one an Ada Chan sculpt and the Clint one, one of Lonnie's from H2creative ???

Tys
                        Thanks Tys, thats good to hear. Trying to improve a smidge every time. I experimented with a couple different things on this guy. Now if I could only remember what I did.

You nailed it, the sculpt on the right is Ada's. I like it but it looks better on its own. The left one we believe is a recast of Lonnie's. Mooncat and I both picked it up from another seller on ebay. But MC says that Lonnie will be able to release his SG-1 sculpts again himself. Any news on that? I'm not in a hurry but I don't want to miss the boat.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
                        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Thanks Tys, thats good to hear. Trying to improve a smidge every time. I experimented with a couple different things on this guy. Now if I could only remember what I did.

You nailed it, the sculpt on the right is Ada's. I like it but it looks better on its own. The left one we believe is a recast of Lonnie's. Mooncat and I both picked it up from another seller on ebay. But MC says that Lonnie will be able to release his SG-1 sculpts again himself. Any news on that? I'm not in a hurry but I don't want to miss the boat.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
                          Not sure if Lonnie's doing any sculpts agan at the mo,he mentioned something about doing some for a client when I bought my 1/6 Staff weapons (Bloody awesome work from Lonnie on these,will show you guys when I post my Teal'c in a couple of weeks) off him a couple of weeks back,

Kindest regards
                          Tys

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Had a weeks Hols this week so among other things have been working on Sam,
                            Now before anyone says i'm aware that the hair is blatently the WRONG colour,any suggestions around this would be very welcome,I chose the sculpt because of the face and then cut the long hair,

Comments and advice always welcomed

Coming soon................................Teal'c

Kindest regards
                            Tys
                            Last edited by TYS; 31 May 2009, 03:18 AM.

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

I would think that Sam would be a toughie to portray anyways so I think you've done an excellent job of capturing her essence. The zat and holster are perfect. This definitely says Sam to me. Is that the HT secret service female vest?

Comment

I would think that Sam would be a toughie to portray anyways so I think you've done an excellent job of capturing her essence. The zat and holster are perfect. This definitely says Sam to me. Is that the HT secret service female vest?
                                Sam's Gear
                                Dragon G-8 Jacket
                                BBi Swat Female boots
                                Hot Toys Aliens Ripley Body
                                Hot Toys SS Female Vest
                                Hot Toys SS Female P-90
                                Can't remember the name of the holster (but I got another coming from ebay)
                                DST Zat
                                Field Cap from Ebay
                                Headsculpt is I think a Cy Girl (bought it from Ebay)
                                Green Pants from Ebay
                                Patches from my buddy on OSW

Kindest regards
                                Tys
                                Last edited by TYS; 31 May 2009, 09:46 AM.

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X