No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying a new idea. With the expense of multiple figures, I decided to try simple interchangeable heads. Like a time share I guess. lol I removed several different heads from the figures and used my dremel tool to increase the size of the hole in the head. Now the heads can be popped on and off easily, but still fit snugly without wobbling. It doesn't take much to accomplish this. Since a lot of the customs have the same body with different heads anyway, this seemed like a less expensive way to do it. Basically making one body for Daniel, but have several different heads for him. Jack, Carter and Teal'c follow the same pattern. I'll post pics when I get a few more heads done.

Comment

Time share, haha. Awesome! I have seen custom interchangable heads done with tiny magnets but if it can be done without that extra step then all the better. Great thinking. I have so much crap that most figures only have a short window of opportunity on the shelf so this is a great way to mix things up. As always, looking forward to pics when you have the time.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Well one thing I did...can't believe I did it...but - I took a Gen. O'Neill and removed the stars from his collar. Then I changed his right arm out with a Jonas arm. Now I have an OD green garrison uniform with an SG-1 patch. I plan to use it for Daniel, Jack, Jonas and Cam Mitchell. I thought about painting a case topper Jack, but the patch would still be SGC. I tried printing the decals that were done earlier in this thread but they keep coming out blurred no matter what I try. Any help on that would be great.

Comment

Ahh yes, the rare, Earth magnets.

Comment

Since you seem to be such a knowledgeable lot, could you tell me which figure the lemon comes with? I'm a huge McKay fan, so it would be a bit of fun having one. I'm thinking Shep or Cam?

Comment

Hi TinaJ,

the lemon does indeed come with Shep

To be precise: the wave 1 on base version.

sigpic

Comment

Is that from an episode? I've watched 10 seasons of SG-1, 4 of Atlantis and the movies. Never noticed Shep having a lemon. Maybe I missed it.

Comment

He gives one to Mitchell in the Sg-1 episode "The Pegasus Project" but the real reason he has one is basically because McKay is allergic to them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by padr49904 View Post
                      He gives one to Mitchell in the Sg-1 episode "The Pegasus Project" but the real reason he has one is basically because McKay is allergic to them.
                      ... and Sheppard carries it around, to threaten him and make him work faster on a problem

That he is allergic to lemon chicken was in the SG-1-episode "48 hours", where we saw McKay for the first time. Or was it in season 6 starter "Redemption"? One of those.
                      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Man, how did I miss that? Have to watch it again. On topic, I came up with a GREAT idea for a Garrison Carter. Have a few bugs to work out, but I think it will look really good when I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                          Man, how did I miss that? Have to watch it again. On topic, I came up with a GREAT idea for a Garrison Carter. Have a few bugs to work out, but I think it will look really good when I'm done.
                          Really looking forward to that one. A BSG mod perhaps? I'm curious to see what you've come up with.
                          Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Actually a Xander mod. lol I had a couple of Xander figures that I had no idea what to do with. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle. On another note, last night I came up with a pistol belt with drop down holster and leg straps that is removable. Can't wait to make more. Just have to figure out a buckle for the belt. They look great and very close to screen accurate.
                            Last edited by JediKnutt; 27 April 2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                              Actually a Zander mod. lol I had a couple of Zander figures that I had no idea what to do with. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle. On another note, last night I came up with a pistol belt with drop down holster and leg straps that is removable. Can't wait to make more. Just have to figure out a buckle for the belt. They look great and very close to screen accurate.
                              Great thinking! I can't wait to see that. You're really on a roll.

Comment

My RDA has had a makeover and a new friend, both sculpts now from Lonnie at H2Creative, new jackets and new screen accurate Tactical Vests. Im hoping to get the Carter Sculpt in a few weeks so I can put her together
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X