No announcement yet.

A Thread For Custom Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! What is the coat from? Looks like a perfect fit. Or is that a whole new figure with Ronon's head? I have Teal'c's helmet finished, just have some touching up to do. I also finished a new Black Ops Teal'c and Daniel. Just need to add some holsters and such.

Comment

That's an amazing coat for him! Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
        That's an amazing coat for him! Good work.
        Thanks as always Nekoi!

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
        Sweet! What is the coat from? Looks like a perfect fit. Or is that a whole new figure with Ronon's head? I have Teal'c's helmet finished, just have some touching up to do. I also finished a new Black Ops Teal'c and Daniel. Just need to add some holsters and such.
        Looking forward to seeing your projects!

Here’s the parts run-down for Ronon. Plus, I even remembered to do a WIP shot for once.

Head, torso and legs are Ronon. The coat is from Mezco’s The Spirit figure. Its not an accurate coat but it’s a perfect fit. The arms are from Teal’c and the hands are Star Trek. Other then the hands which needed a little encouragement, all the parts fit perfectly together so it’s a nice straightforward custom.

Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

I actually had to go and get out my own Ronon to look how he is supposed to look like, because I totally had forgotten what he wears when I saw your pictures, the coat looks so naturally!

But I am curious, why could you not keep Teal'c's hands? I guess they were too dark, but you could have painted them?
          Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
            I actually had to go and get out my own Ronon to look how he is supposed to look like, because I totally had forgotten what he wears when I saw your pictures, the coat looks so naturally!

But I am curious, why could you not keep Teal'c's hands? I guess they were too dark, but you could have painted them?
            Thanks so much. And yes, I could have repainted the hands but I'm too lazy for that, haha. Many of the Star Trek figures over time have come with extra hands so I have a bunch ready to go.
            Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

For anyone who, like me, thought about using Garrison Shep to make a garrison Mitchell or even Carter, I had no luck. Shep's shirt is molded to the chest so using the shirt for Carter is out. The arms for some reason are insanely long and SG-1 legs won't work with the chest. It would require a LOT of cutting and drilling to make this work and I'm just not going to do it. For now I'll keep my custom Mitchell which uses garrison Daniel's body. Still working on a short sleeve version though.

Comment

Have you considered using arm swaps for the Mitchell?

Comment

Thinking of using the standard upper arm and the lower bare arm from a black ops Daniel. Then sculpting a rolled up "sleeve" onto the arm. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Plus, I've almost finished my new Teal'c which uses the Anders chest and arms from BSG.

Comment

Thinking of using the standard upper arm and the lower bare arm from a black ops Daniel. Then sculpting a rolled up "sleeve" onto the arm. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Plus, I've almost finished my new Teal'c which uses the Anders chest and arms from BSG.
                    Try a parts run just to be sure but Daniel's arms should definitely work. Good idea.

Especially looking forward to seeing your Teal'c now. But in regards to the problems using parts from the new Sheppard, its a shame the SG-1, Atlantis and BSG figure parts aren't more interchangable considering their common source. Just think of how many other figures we could be making.

Comment

The Shep arms are too big for the SG-1 torso and the SG-1 arms are too small for the Shep torso. I mean, they fit, but look ridiculous scale wise. I just don't understand their logic in varying the body styles so much between lines. Maybe 20 years from now they will have done all the figures we want and we won't have to customize at all. Of course by then, we will have finished all our customs...oh look I've gone cross eyed.

Comment

The Shep arms are too big for the SG-1 torso and the SG-1 arms are too small for the Shep torso. I mean, they fit, but look ridiculous scale wise. I just don't understand their logic in varying the body styles so much between lines. Maybe 20 years from now they will have done all the figures we want and we won't have to customize at all. Of course by then, we will have finished all our customs...oh look I've gone cross eyed.
                        Haha, well that just stinks. If you're doing a short-sleeved Mitchell, what about SG-1 short-sleeved arms on an SG-1 garrsion figure? I think that one should work.

Comment

You mean the Tshirt version? I want to keep it looking like the garrison top with rolled sleeves. I also want to keep the logo intact. On another note, I noticed while watching seasons 1-2 again that sometimes they have a black #1 on the logo, but most of the time it's white. And they don't all have them at the same time. I don't think I'm going to be that nitpicky with my customs. As a matter of fact I've decided to do interchangeable heads rather than several different versions. Too expensive.

Comment

Bought one of Lonnies headsculpts www.h2creative.com , its a recast (didnt know that at the time I bought it, Ive told Lonnie and he already knew about the recaster)

Anyway I bought it so Im using it, instead of the existing Ada headcast,

as recast or not, its still more like RDA than Chan Ada's,

Waiting on some acrylic matte sealent before I put him back together, once he is back together Ill post further pics

Comment

Looks fantastic Mooncat. Great job on the painting. I know its not an easy task.

Comment

This is one of what I hope to be the start of a short series of Alternate Universe figures, mainly with a focus on Jaffa. I have a few more figure ideas in mind, we’ll see which ones pan out.

The head for this is a Lex Luthor. He has a good sinister look to him which I thought was fitting. Plus, he fit the helmet which, along with the swords, is from a McFarlane Jackal King figure. Hence the Anubis forehead tattoo.

Comment

Working...
                                X