Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeraphimDavid View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I was not able to post one of my close up photos, so I'll try again here. Yes, they are McFarlane weapons. I also have a set of 4 MP5s, so I can do an early seasons SG-1 team. They sell the weapons separately now, so that is how I was able to get the MP5s and the SAW without having to buy the military figures. The P90s were a bit of an ordeal. I kept having to bid on al the auctions i found on ebay that had the Metal Gear Solid 2 figure - Solidus Snake. they include a P90 with that figure. I won 3 of the auctions, so I got 3 McFarlane P90s. I am trying to think what to do with the 3 figures now and I thought I might try to convert them to Kull warriors / Super Soldiers. It looks like my uploads will work this time.
    - Dave
    p.s. - how do you make it so the photos appear large in the post?

I've been trying to find weapons on eBay but can't seem to get the right words! Sorry if this sounds too simple, but what did you type into eBay? Was it just "mcfarlane weapons" or what? Help please. Thanks.

NH

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf Herder View Post
      I've been trying to find weapons on eBay but can't seem to get the right words! Sorry if this sounds too simple, but what did you type into eBay? Was it just "mcfarlane weapons" or what? Help please. Thanks.

NH
      I know you can buy a weapons pack directly from the store.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=317

I don't know if there's anything available besides that.
      Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

Here is my own version of gold armor Apophis using Norrin's recipe. I originally intended him to have both the normal and serpent heads but that didn't pan out. I was fine until I reached the eyes. That's a lesson for another day. I also tried to give him a ribbon device but I couldn't get it to look right so I scrapped it as well.

Big thanks has to go out to Norrin. His in-progress and finished product shots were a great educational tool and supplied me with some great ideas I hadn't come across before.
        Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

WOAH!!
          Great Looking figure rmb!
          I love the way the head turned out.
          (never finished mine)

About the head/eyes - I've been thinking on that....
          Try painting the eye socket black, with just a little overflow where the lashes & eyeliner would be. Then put a small drop of white just enough to flow and fill. That should leave really fine lines around the eyes. Then use a straight pin with just a touch of black to do the iris.
          And thank you for all the kind words; that really encourages me to dig in and finish up the ½ dozen projects I have started…..
          Last edited by Norrin; 22 June 2007, 01:52 AM.
          Originally posted by roll my blues
          do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Many thanks, Norrin, means a lot. Great idea on how to go about painting the eyes. I'm going to use that.

And I had a huge laugh when I got to your signature. Made my morning, haha.

Comment

Again, bravo guys. Some really nice work here. Man, I wish I had the money and talent to do this kind of stuff.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Hey guys,
                As far as a search on ebay, try typing in the following :
                metal gear solidus snake figure
                or
                metal gear solid 2 figure
                That is how I tracked down the figure that has the P90 with it. I got some silicone plastique (it works like epoxy putty, except it makes a silicone mold). I plan to mold the P90s, so I can cast enough to outfit all of my figures, plus the future Atlantis and desert camo SG-1 (and whatever gems are in store further down the road).
                I know DST said they will feature redone accessories with the desert camo series 4, but I do not feel totally confident they will get the P90 as totally accurate as McFarlane did. If they do, we all benefit, but I plan to cast a bunch of these to cover myself in case the new redone P90s are not as well done.

By the way, in thinking about the upcoming desert camo versions, I plan to order two extra O'Neills and an extra Carter. This way, I can have the "always missing" vest for Daniel and a body for Mitchell's head to be put on. the extra Carter can be the legs for Vala. I am not crazy about a t shirt Carter. I plan to do a repaint of her green uniform to match the desert camo, but I'll still use the hatless head, since my black ops Carter has a hat.
                I will decide whether to use Carters upper body for Vala, or just use her cleavage oriented uniform as it comes in series 3. She probably would be strutting her stuff on Abydos anyway......LOL.
                - Dave

p.s.- I think I did it with getting the photos in this post.......YAY!!!

Comment

Really nice job on the black ops.

Any chance you might offer your services if the p-90 molds turn out?

Comment

That would be nice, I can barely LOOK at DST's P-90 and not puke.
                    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

Dave- Your Team looks Great! The accurate weapons are definitely a plus.
                      And I’ll second what nekoi said, any chance on you offering your molded p-90’s here?
                      I would be glad to help finance your “experiment” if ya’ want……
                      Originally posted by roll my blues
                      do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

Excellent work everyone! I will have to post some pics of my recent customs soon to keep up! Seriously, keep up the good work.

Comment

Well Dave, it looks as though you'd have quite a fan club if you chose to mass produce those P-90s. I'd like to add my name to that potential P-90 list.

I look forward to seeing your customs, HG. I have to say this is my favorite thread in the whole forum. There are some fantastic ideas out there.

Comment

I am thinking about swapping my Mitchell and FCBD heads to get an offworld O'Neill. I am afraid that after I boil the figs and try to remove the heads, something will go terribly wrong and I will ruin one of the figures for good. How rational is this fear? Has anybody destroyed their figs trying to accomplish this?

Comment

The customs i've boiled, i had no problems. if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Sg1_fan View Post
                                The customs i've boiled, i had no problems. if that helps
                                Ditto with me. Have chnaged a few heads, and never had a problem.

NH

Comment

Working...
                                X