X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hd Dvd Stargate

Hi guys,

Do you know is stargate sg1 or atlantis is coming to high definition DVD anytime?

Andy

nothing has been anounced about the seasons yet, but the movie is on blu-ray.

Comment

Sony/MGM are exclusively backing Blu-Ray, so the Stargate series would likely be on Blu-Ray, not HD-DVD.

Lots of things are uncertain with this ongoing format war though, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Sony/MGM are exclusively backing Blu-Ray, so the Stargate series would likely be on Blu-Ray, not HD-DVD.

Lots of things are uncertain with this ongoing format war though, so who knows.
        Yea but doesn't FOX back HD-DVD? If that is correct wouldn't it be released on that instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
          Yea but doesn't FOX back HD-DVD? If that is correct wouldn't it be released on that instead?
          Fox are in charge of distribution of the series on DVD but that doesnt mean they are also in charge of its high-def distribution.

Also, I am pretty sure I read on here quite sometime ago that Atlantis Season 1 would be released on Blu-Ray.

Comment

Fox are in charge of distribution of the series on DVD but that doesnt mean they are also in charge of its high-def distribution.

Also, I am pretty sure I read on here quite sometime ago that Atlantis Season 1 would be released on Blu-Ray.

It doesnt really matter though as both Sony and Fox are behind Blu-Ray so the chances of SG-1 or Atlantis appearing on HD-DVD are slim unless of course it wins the format war.

Comment

I thought Fox also exclusively backed Blu-Ray. And I'm not really sure how Fox is involved with Stargate, I thought it was only Sony/MGM?

The only major studio to exclusively support HD-DVD is Universal, hence why BSG will be released on HD-DVD.

Comment

Working...
              X