Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Worlds Game (Worthplaying.com article with pictures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Worlds Game (Worthplaying.com article with pictures)

http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0

Excerpt:

Stargate Worlds
    provides players with a form of ranged combat unique to MMORPG that will take full advantage of modern and science fiction weaponry, cover, and terrain. Players will be able to form squads with their friends or use bots for players who want to go solo. Squad leaders will control maneuvers and objectives through an innovative combat control interface. Players may choose to create characters that are members of either the SGC (the Good Guys) or the System Lords (the Bad Guys). Characters are equipped with varied and mixed skills, with the choice to form such classes as Research, Combat Marine, Medical, Scientific, Diplomatic, Engineering, Archeological, and Exploration. PVP will be possible between the two alliances on many contested worlds, actually swaying the balance of power on those planets, and unlocking hidden content. Cooperative play will also be possible, and players will be encouraged to forge temporary alliances to deal with greater threats, such as the Ori.

*Click on link above for the full text AND PHOTOS *

Very cool, still unhappy that I have to pay to play it.

Comment

OMG. This game sounds bloody awesome. It will be one game i'll be happy to pay to play online
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Concept art and renders.... someone call me when there is something worth looking at.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

The pics are looking really cool, but these are alll artworks/renders. You can see it on the arms of the jaffa and the landscapes.

But if the real ingame graphics will look like that, this will gonna be a great one. (which is quite possible with the Unreal Engine 3 engine).

Nevertheless I would like the game more, if it would be/become an egoshouter-like one (maybe in the style of Splinter Cell - with less much shooting scenes but the need for the gamer to plan a little)

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

I hate to say, This game looks like it will be made for the casual player.
            Mainly because they had to explain who were the bad guys and good guys.

Comment

The game is looking pretty sweet, but I still won't pay to play it. I'm just not big on online gaming. I'd rather it were for a console.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh man, I didn't know you would have to PAY TO PLAY for the game. If that's the case, then why isn't the game itself free?

That's like going to McDonald's and buying a Big Mac, paying for it, and then having to pay some more to eat it. That's just stupid.

They are trying to pull a World Of Warcraft me thinks. But I don't think that would be a good idea. Sure, WoW may be slightly popular with fanatics, but most people won't pay a fee to play a game, especially after paying for the game in the first place. I don't play WoW, for precisely that reason. Why the heck would I pay $15 a month JUST to play a game?

They say that WoW has 6 million world wide players as of February 2006. That may sound like a lot, but it isn't when you compare it to the number of people that played the previous versions of the game, WC2 and WC3.

It just isn't worth it. After playing online for 2 or 3 months it's like paying for the game all over again. At $15 a month, that's $180 a year. Who in their right mind is gonna pay that much to play a game? Not me. So if Stargate Worlds follows the same path, then I'm gonna give it a pass.

As much as I love Stargate, I'm not going to pay more money just to play it. NO game is worth having to pay to play. And I have a bad feeling now that the Stargate MMORPG is doomed to be a failure. I in some small way, hope that it is too. Not to hurt the SG franchise, but to show them that the MMORPG is not a good path to follow. While it may possibly be profitable, it also has a bigger chance of turning fans off the franchise. I think everyone would agree that the Stargate:The Alliance game would have been much more popular. There's a fine line between being profitable and trying to bleed the fans dry. So, I'm gonna skip this MMORPG. This just makes me even more sad that Stargate:The Alliance was canceled. What is this world coming to? Are we going to be charged to breath air next?
                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                X