• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 season 9 Boxed DVD set press release

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...e.php3?ID=7109

Stargate SG-1 - Season 9 Boxed Set

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 7, 2006

TRAVEL TO THE LIMITS OF IMAGINATION AND BEYOND IN MGM HOME ENTERTAINMENT'S #1 SCI-FI SERIES

Season Nine of Television's Longest Consecutive Running Science-Fiction Series Explores The Outer Reaches of the Uncharted Galaxy on October 3

Los Angeles, CA - Prepare for an unforgettable journey through space when the ninth season of the #1 syndicated first-run drama, Stargate SG-1 lands on DVD October 3 from MGM Home Entertainment. Available for the suggested retail price of $49.98, the Stargate SG-1 Season Nine DVD set features all 20 episodes on five discs. As with Seasons 1-8, the show's talent has fully supported the production of the Season Nine DVD release with each disc featuring audio commentaries for each episode by the directors, cast or crew, special "SG-1 Director Series" featurettes, "SG-1 Beyond the Gates" featurettes spotlighting cast members and behind-the-scenes sneak peeks and a wealth of production design and photo galleries.

Stargate SG-1 - Season 9 Boxed Set

As the only television show in production that has received the United States Air Force Seal of Approval, Stargate SG-1 is the longest consecutive running science fiction drama in television history, celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year. The series stars an outstanding cast featuring Richard Dean Anderson, the 1999 Saturn Award® winner for Best Actor in a TV Sci-Fi series, along with Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis and Michael Shanks. In Season Nine two-time Golden Globe® and three-time Emmy Award® winning actor Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry and Ben Browder ("Farscape") as Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell joined the crew of the immensely popular show. With a weekly viewership of over six million, the series has won several awards, including six Leo® Awards, two Saturn® Awards, two Cable Aces® and several Emmy® nominations.

click on link for photo and details of each DVD

This release and s10 will be bitter sweet knowing at the moment that there is no new SG-1.

Comment

Agreed!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Got my R1 Season 9 DVD today. Pretty cool. It's very much like the past releases, but a few added bonuses...

1: Subtitles (finally)
        2: A 'Play All' Function
        3: Production Design Gallery
        4: French and Spanish-language support

The picture looks pretty good. Only watched a few scenes from Avalon, but it's looking pretty on-par, if not a little bit BETTER than the Season 8 DVDs. Certainly MUCH, MUCH better than the BSG DVDs...

Hoping to dive right in tonight. Been really crazy around here lately, but if I have to LOCK myself in my room to watch these DVDs, I'll do it!
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

They added a Play All function? Nice! I'm so glad they finally did.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            They added a Play All function? Nice! I'm so glad they finally did.
            Why isn't that on earlier sets? Sometimes I'm lazy and just want to watch a bunch of eps without hitting buttons.

Seriously, that seems like such an easy thing to add....

Comment

I should have mine waiting for me by the time I get home from work today. I sure can't wait for that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What does it say on the back cover, and what is the main picture that is on the back of?

Comment

I have to wait for Saturday to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                    I have to wait longer than that for mine but I got other stuff to tide me over till then.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      I have to wait longer than that for mine but I got other stuff to tide me over till then.
                      Yeah, I'm watching Season 4 of Farscape now..

Comment

Looks like I may have to wait until then as well. I had ordered Season 9 along with the Season 9 companion book together, but the book hasn't come out as they expected it to. So my order got hung up. I just cancelled the book for now (I need my Season 9 DVD!!!!! ).
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, I'm watching Season 4 of Farscape now..
                          Enjoy! It's a good one.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That's weird. Region 2 always had a play all feature.
                            Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                            O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

The video quality is really good for the first disc, but then goes downhill for some reason. A lot of noise can be seen from the second disc on. Not as bad as BSG or anything, and still on par with Season 8, I'd say. But kind of crappy since the first disc's episodes seemed almost FLAWLESS to me...

Watched the finale 2 episodes tonight. The music is awesome, and in 5.1 really enhances the scenes. Crusade and the end of Camelot are so emotional and amazing in 5.1, so better than the cable TV versions.

2 and a half commentaries and 2 featurettes left and I am done with the set. Well, I didn't watch the Beachead commentary because I didn't want to listen to SFX guys talking about rendering polygons for 45 minutes. I also didn't go through all the galleries, I probably should at least check out the design ones...
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                              X