X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Book Placement?

Hi folks,
    I'm new at the board (I'm big at the Trekbbs, though), and I'm one of those continuity freaks that has to have everything in order. I was wondering if some people who had read them could put the books in their proper place in the timelines. So far, this is all I've got:

(Titles with an asterisk in front of their ordinal indicate books published by Roc.)

• SG-1 #*1: Stargate SG-1 [The novelization of Children of the Gods.]
    • SG-1 #2: Sacrifice Moon [Takes place four days after The Enemy Within.]
    • SG-1 #*2: The Price You Pay [Takes place approximately midway through season one.]
    • SG-1 #*3: The First Amendment
    • SG-1 #*4: The Morpheus Factor
    • SG-1 #8: Alliances [Immediately after The Other Side?]
    • SG-1 #1: Trial By Fire [Set in the first half of season seven, sometime after Birthright.]
    • SG-1 #3: A Matter of Honor [Takes place five years after A Matter of Time.]
    • SG-1 #4: City of the Gods
    • SG-1 #5: The Cost of Honor [Sequel to A Matter of Honor.]
    • Atlantis #1: Rising [The novelization of Rising.]
    • SG-1 #6: Siren Song
    • Atlantis #2: Reliquary
    • Atlantis #3: The Chosen
    • SG-1 #7: Survival of the Fittest
    • Atlantis #4: Halcyon
    • Atlantis #5: Exogenesis

Anyone able to add some insight into where these take place relative to the episodes?

Hi and welcome!

IIRC, Morpheus Factor is sometime in season 3, after Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know. That had a slight oversight in the copy I read saying the second Stargate was found in "Iceland", while the second gate was in a land full of ice I knew it wasn't Iceland. Needless to say it made me do a head slap.

As for First Amendment supposedly I think it's in season 2 sometime? Not sure though so don't quote me exactly!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RookieBatman
      Hi folks,
      I'm new at the board (I'm big at the Trekbbs, though), and I'm one of those continuity freaks that has to have everything in order. I was wondering if some people who had read them could put the books in their proper place in the timelines. So far, this is all I've got:

(Titles with an asterisk in front of their ordinal indicate books published by Roc.)

• SG-1 #*2: The Price You Pay [Takes place approximately midway through season one.]
      • SG-1 #1: Trial By Fire [Set in the first half of season seven, sometime after Birthright.]
      • SG-1 #5: The Cost of Honor [Sequel to A Matter of Honor.]

Anyone able to add some insight into where these take place relative to the episodes?
      I can only speak for the Fandemonium releases; I'm not entirely certain there was a concrete 'slot into the timeline' process with the Roc publications.

SG1 3&4 are one single adventure split into two volumes, so they're together. SG5 is set post Season 4, I believe, but Sonny can confirm that with more specifics. My novel Alliances is indeed set immediately post The Other Side, which is early Season 4.

I'll let the other Fandemonium authors know you're sorting this, and see if they can help you out.

Thanks for your interest!
      http://www.karenmiller.net
      http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

• SG-1 #4: City of the Gods, Season 5, immediately prior to Meridian
        • Atlantis #3: The Chosen, Season 1, immediately post The Eye
        • Atlantis #5: Exogenesis, Seaspon 2, between episodes 216 and 218

cheers
        Sonny
        www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

SG-1 #5: The Cost of Honor [Sequel to A Matter of Honor.]

All the Atlantis books take place after all the SG-1 books - TbF, MoH/CoH, Siren Song, and SotF are all set during season 7 of SG-1, but season one of Atlantis began alongside season 8.
          Reliquary and The Chosen need to be the other way around, too - The Chosen takes place before 'The Defiant One', and 'Reliquary' is after.

Comment

Halcyon takes place in season two, after "Trinity" and before "The Lost Boys".

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
              All the Atlantis books take place after all the SG-1 books - TbF, MoH/CoH, Siren Song, and SotF are all set during season 7 of SG-1, .

Actually, I think you'll find Survival of the Fittest takes place right after Menace, in which Jack kills Reece, creator of the replicators. And that's Season 5.
              http://www.karenmiller.net
              http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Wow! My head is spinning!! I'm just venturing into the Sg1 books, so this will help keep things in order for me. Thanks for putting it togther.

Thanks to the authors for lending a hand.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMiller
                  Actually, I think you'll find Survival of the Fittest takes place right after Menace, in which Jack kills Reece, creator of the replicators. And that's Season 5.
                  Hmm... Good point. Do'h!

Well, I was tired at the time. I'd only just got up...

Comment

Thanks for all the help, guys! I think I've got it sorted out pretty nicely now.

Comment

Is that a list of all the books published?

Comment

It should be. I just got it from the list that's on this website.

Comment

Hi folks,
                          I'm new at the board (I'm big at the Trekbbs, though), and I'm one of those continuity freaks that has to have everything in order.
                          Hey, it just occured to me - if you're timelining the SG/SGA books you might also want to add the short stories from the official magazine in there as well. FYI, the SGA story I wrote ("Choices") takes place just before the episode "Runner".

Out Now:
                          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Twitter

Comment

Okay, I figured this out earlier. Only done Fandemonium ones though, the ROC ones wheren't worth the memory.

SG1#2-Sacrifice Moon -
                            SG1#8-Alliances -
                            SG1#4-City of the Gods -
                            SG1#7-Survival of the Fittest -
                            SG1#1-Trial by Fire -
                            SG1#3-A Matter of Honor -
                            SG1#5-The Cost of Honor -
                            SG1#6-Siren Song -
                            SGA#1-Rising
                            SGA#3-The Chosen
                            SGA#2-Reliquary
                            SGA#4-Halycon