This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
    Darn, maybe I should wait and see if they are released on blu-ray / HDDVD whichever wins the format war.
    When they are released in HD format, they will be slimline as well.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Oh, and by the way, both SG-1 and Atlantis are going to be released in Blu-ray format.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Does anyone know if they will still sell the old style DVD sets and the slim style at the same time? I prefer the old style sets, but I only have Season 8 right now (although it only has the short version of Threads and my mom lost the receipt so I could not get the full version).

What do you mean the short version of THREADS? Is that the case in all the slimpacks? How it shorter.. Argh.. I ahve all slimpacks...

"A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

There's a 44-minute version and a 63-minute version.

I wonder if the first three seasons of SG-1 will be on Blu-Ray. Seems to me the 16mm prints wouldn't translate well to HD. The 35mm and HD-tape seasons will look nice, though...
          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Does anyone know if they will still sell the old style DVD sets and the slim style at the same time? I prefer the old style sets, but I only have Season 8 right now (although it only has the short version of Threads and my mom lost the receipt so I could not get the full version).
            I was at Best Buy last week and they were still selling some of the larger old-style sets. They also had the newer slim-line sets as well. I would imagine that some stores still have the older-style in stock and will continue selling them until they run out. You might just look around at places like Best Buy and Circuit City to see if you can find any.

After the stores sell out their stock of the old-style, they will only be selling the slim-line sets unfortunately. (I like the older style better too. )

Comment

Well, 4 questions from me,
              1. Does anyone know when the slimline versions are avaliable in the U.K?
              2. Blu-ray? What is Blu-ray?
              3. Will season 3 of Atlantis and season 10 of SG-1 be on DVD in the U.K?
              4. Will Blu-ray dsics work in a DVD player? (Asking this because I dont know what Blu-ray is and because I mostly likely wont have enough money to buy a blu-ray player and season 3 of Atlantis and Sseason 10 of SG-1 all at once.)
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

1. No, but I know the new series will be slimline. You could try looking on Amazon though?
                2. Blu-ray is the new media type (disc) developed by many high profile electronics companies including Sony, Samsung and Panasonic. The discs are capable of holding 25GB on a single layer disc and 50GB on a dual layer disc. Blu-ray will be future proof meaning that it will be possible to have multilayer discs essentially allowing between 100GB and 200GB of storage on a single disc. To translate the statistics a 50GB disc would allow around 9 hours of HD video. The Blu-ray name comes from the blue violet laser used to read the discs.
                3. I'd assume so. Blu-ray won't really launch until the Playstation 3 arrives in the UK. Even then it will be a bit expensive for the first year or 2. DVD is unlikely to die out until Blu-ray players and discs drop in price.
                4. The current DVD players use a red laser so they won't be compatible with Blu-ray discs. If you do pick up a Blu-ray player it will be compatible with DVD discs though.

Comment

Working...
                X