sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      *is on tenterhooks waiting to get her greedy mits on Blood Ties*
      *pushes Ali aside so I can be first in line to get a copy*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
        Hmm ... Armed? Ann Arbor? What exactly would you say they're armed with up there? Protest signs? Birkenstocks? (Possibly snow shovels?) I didn't grow up there, but I spent four years of undergrad and one year of grad school there, and I'd move back in a heartbeat if there were any aerospace jobs available. Although I don't miss the parking situation.

As for Rising, I think it's still available from Fandy's site, www.stargatenovels.com -- I'd check there if your local Barnes and Noble doesn't have it.

P.S. I finally got around to updating my website with the cover and excerpt of Blood Ties -- I'd been slacking because Sonny already got the info out there. Would love to post more, especially since Chapter One is the chapter that focuses the least on our heroes ... but we can't give away too much, now can we?
        well I'm thinking sonwplow trucks, don't wanna get those guys mad during a blizzard, hehe anyway thanks for the link! and hey I know Ann Arbor like the back of my hand, used to drive in the place every single day driving my sister places, now that she has her own car I'm... staying in the street... anyway thanks again for the Linky! and YAY updates! *adds website to fave list and procceeds to sit atop both Ali and GG only self is waiting for Rising and not Blood Ties(Though i'd like to get it)*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          well I'm thinking sonwplow trucks, don't wanna get those guys mad during a blizzard, hehe anyway thanks for the link! and hey I know Ann Arbor like the back of my hand, used to drive in the place every single day driving my sister places, now that she has her own car I'm... staying in the street... anyway thanks again for the Linky! and YAY updates! *adds website to fave list and procceeds to sit atop both Ali and GG only self is waiting for Rising and not Blood Ties(Though i'd like to get it)*

*ooompfh!* I very much enjoyed the novelization. I hope you enjoy it just as much.
          sigpic

Comment

P.S. I finally got around to updating my website with the cover and excerpt of Blood Ties -- I'd been slacking because Sonny already got the info out there. Would love to post more, especially since Chapter One is the chapter that focuses the least on our heroes ... but we can't give away too much, now can we?

Oooh, this looks good!!! Christmas you say?
            sigpic
            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              Oooh, this looks good!!! Christmas you say?
              Or thereabouts. Earliest date I've heard (and therefore not likely to be accurate) is the end of November. Beginning of December seems more probable. Should arrive in time to gift-wrap, at least.

Great to see the interest from folks here -- you'd think we'd let it slip that there would be whumpage or something ... oh, wait, we kinda did, didn't we?
              Beth
              http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
              http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Great to see the interest from folks here -- you'd think we'd let it slip that there would be whumpage or something ... oh, wait, we kinda did, didn't we?
                *gah!* Stop teasing, darn you!
                sigpic

Comment

Or thereabouts. Earliest date I've heard (and therefore not likely to be accurate) is the end of November. Beginning of December seems more probable. Should arrive in time to gift-wrap, at least.

It's NEVER nice to tease a whumper....we know the best ways to hurt someone.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy - whump or no!
                  sigpic

Comment

*gah!* Stop teasing, darn you!
                    Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                    It's NEVER nice to tease a whumper....we know the best ways to hurt someone.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy - whump or no!
                    we sure do know how to whump somebody, heck just ask Teyla whenever you get into town, I whump her like crazy! might explain the shock collar around her neck at this time too.....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Oh wow, James....!

You're writing Dr Who novels too?!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh wow, James....!

You're writing Dr Who novels too?!!
                        Yup; Doctor Who - 'Peacemaker' will be out at the end of the year.

It's not my first Doctor Who writing, though; I also wrote the audio drama 'Singularity' and short stories in the Doctor Who Short Trips anthologies 'Dalek Empire', 'Destination Prague' and 'Snapshots'. I have another DW audio drama due out later this year called 'Old Soldiers' and next year I'm writing a 'Cyberman' miniseries...

Out Now:
                        Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                        Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                        "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post

It's not my first Doctor Who writing, though; I also wrote the audio drama 'Singularity' and short stories in the Doctor Who Short Trips anthologies 'Dalek Empire', 'Destination Prague' and 'Snapshots'. I have another DW audio drama due out later this year called 'Old Soldiers' and next year I'm writing a 'Cyberman' miniseries...
                          And you know Jo Walton, small world, so do I (though last time I saw her was at her wedding before she moved over the pond).

One of our mutual friends is currently using my art to illustrate a collective commons RPG of Tooth and Claw.

As I said, small world.

FF :nox;
                          sigpic

Comment

Gah. I love Dr Who - particularly 10th Dr. It's pretty much tied with SGA as my favourite fannish obsession! I've been really enjoying the original Dr Who novels so rest assured I will be picking yours up along with all the others when they are released..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              And you know Jo Walton, small world, so do I
                              FF :nox;
                              I do indeed, she's been a friend of mine for many years - and I know you as well, Sue!

Gah. I love Dr Who - particularly 10th Dr. It's pretty much tied with SGA as my favourite fannish obsession! I've been really enjoying the original Dr Who novels so rest assured I will be picking yours up along with all the others when they are released..
                              Thanks, Ali, I hope you enjoy it.

And I hope to have some interesting writing news to break to y'all in the coming months. Watch this space...

Out Now:
                              Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                              Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                              "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Twitter

Comment

I do indeed, she's been a friend of mine for many years - and I know you as well, Sue!
                                Oooh! I'd best be on my bestist behavior when reviewing the book then! Do I know you as James Swallow (she wonders, checking her address book - I know I can be scatty but not usually that bad)?
                                Apart from Diane Duane, who you aren't, I thought the only media writer I knew was Paul Cornell (first met him at the Hugos in 2005) but your biblograpy in the back of the book looks not quite right for Paul.
                                As long as you're not John Meaney. I was talking with John's better half, Yvonne, in the dealers room and picked up a copy of his first book of her stall. 'Meaney? Any relation?' asks I. 'Sue, he's the husband, you've known him for ten years.' Oops. John has never let me forget this.

Are you going to Novacon at the weekend? Beer, Fanzines, Novas and the poor Quality hotel in the Midlands. Something of a masochistic tradition with me.

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X