This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saddlefall View Post
    Yeah, thanks! I think I'll just start somewhere and see if I like it Think I'm gonna start with Roswell, it seems people like it quite well.

It's been a while since I've seen the first seasons of SG-1, how well tied in to the episodes are the books? Are they stand-alone stories? Thanks for the help guys.
    Roswell is a popular one, and I think it's because it has the whole team from Season 10 plus Jack O'Neill in it.

Most of them mention something from an episode of the series, but they aren't relying heavily on those episodes. One thing about the books is they can't do something or end the story in a place that would make it disagree with the canon of the show. (For example, a writer can't kill off Daniel and then leave it like that at the end of the book.) But most of them do take something that was mentioned in the show and go from there.

Comment

OK, cool. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
        Amazon still shows November 1. We'll have to see what happens.
        Amazon are notorious for not updating their delivery dates despite delays from the publisher. I've had this issue with them time and time again with Fandy novels and now I buy direct from Fandy and save myself the hassle.
        sigpic

Comment

So... here's something a little different... different how you ask? Well, as of a couple of days ago David Niall Wilson and I started writing a novel live, a chapter a day, on the internet... why should you be interested? Well, Dave's just signed contracts on an Atlantis novel, and obviously Shadows, my first SG-1 novel is set for release soon and is going through last minute edits... so two Stargate writers for the price of none...

In the spirit of November and to cheer on all of the guys who really want to write a novel and have signed up for Nanowrimo we've mapped out the entirety of the novel, Hallowed Ground, what looks to be about 100,000 words worth of Weird Western to be written in tandem over the next 5 weeks... think Carnivale meets Clive Barker by way of Ray Bradbury...

(not sure if I am allowed to post a link, feel free to delete if not guys) The computer savvy Mr. Wilson has set up a direct portal where you can log in and read along, right here: http://nanobook.macabreink.com/

So, basically, what we're really hoping is that you'll want to sit in front of the screen and watch us pound out the novel 'almost live' so that you can find out more about what happens when The Deacon and his holy freakshow roll into the little frontier town of Rookwood... It's a novel in a month, free...

I've never done anything like this, but it's going to be FUN.

And while Hallowed Ground isn't me, and it isn't Dave, it's a great indication of just what you might get in our stargate stuff... so sign up to read along, keep us honest...

We've already got the first couple of sections up, so come one, come all... and let us know what you think! Without plenty of folks reading along it'll be pretty pointless... so do I'm counting on you guys to help us out ,) no pressure there then!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSavile View Post
            So... here's something a little different... different how you ask? Well, as of a couple of days ago David Niall Wilson and I started writing a novel live, a chapter a day, on the internet... why should you be interested? Well, Dave's just signed contracts on an Atlantis novel, and obviously Shadows, my first SG-1 novel is set for release soon and is going through last minute edits... so two Stargate writers for the price of none...

In the spirit of November and to cheer on all of the guys who really want to write a novel and have signed up for Nanowrimo we've mapped out the entirety of the novel, Hallowed Ground, what looks to be about 100,000 words worth of Weird Western to be written in tandem over the next 5 weeks... think Carnivale meets Clive Barker by way of Ray Bradbury...

(not sure if I am allowed to post a link, feel free to delete if not guys) The computer savvy Mr. Wilson has set up a direct portal where you can log in and read along, right here: http://nanobook.macabreink.com/

So, basically, what we're really hoping is that you'll want to sit in front of the screen and watch us pound out the novel 'almost live' so that you can find out more about what happens when The Deacon and his holy freakshow roll into the little frontier town of Rookwood... It's a novel in a month, free...

I've never done anything like this, but it's going to be FUN.

And while Hallowed Ground isn't me, and it isn't Dave, it's a great indication of just what you might get in our stargate stuff... so sign up to read along, keep us honest...

We've already got the first couple of sections up, so come one, come all... and let us know what you think! Without plenty of folks reading along it'll be pretty pointless... so do I'm counting on you guys to help us out ,) no pressure there then!

Steve
            Oh I'm really excited!!! I'll add it to my "Favorites" and add it to my list of have to reads! This is such a cool idea!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I've got a question for Sabine Bauer on a detail in Mirror, Mirror. Not really spoilerish, but I'll put it in tags anyway for the sake of anyone who still hasn't read the book yet.

Spoiler:
              There's a moment early in the story where McKay sees Sheppard's dog tags, and the information on them is described. In addition to his name (sadly, no middle initial; would've been fun to speculate on what his middle name might be!) and his SSN (described only as a "long number"), his blood type is given as AB negative and religious preference as Catholic. We have actually seen Sheppard's dog tags on the show once, but not close enough to read what was on them. I was wondering if you had gotten this information from the producers/MGM, or if you had made it up just for the book?

Anyway, I really enjoyed Mirror, Mirror and the epilogue/short story you did for the magazine, and I hope you'll be writing more SGA stories in the future.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Anyway, I really enjoyed Mirror, Mirror and the epilogue/short story you did for the magazine, and I hope you'll be writing more SGA stories in the future.
                Can you tell me which magazine has the epilogue in it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                  Can you tell me which magazine has the epilogue in it? Thanks!
                  Issue #22, from May/June 2008. The story is titled "Genealogy."
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Issue #22, from May/June 2008. The story is titled "Genealogy."
                    Thanks!!

Comment

Hey guys,

Through one of the LJ comms, someone was looking for the book Halcyon, and after some searching, they ordered the book online, through some site, and she now updated me with this:

I just read the order confirmation e-mail. According to ecampus a new batch of Halcyon is supposed to be released Dec 17, 2008. They said I wouldn't receive my copy until around December 23 and that they would bill me once they had shipped my copy and not until then.

I gather that that means the publishers are obviously releasing another round by popular demand. XD

I think that Exogenesis may release again as well if they are printing Halcyon. I don't see why they wouldn't.

*hopes that helped*
                      Could there be any truth to this? I sure hope so!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I am in serious withdrawal here. Hydra and Nightfall, have both been updated by barnes and nobles as having Januuary release dates. I have to wait till then to get my sg-1 fix. Why so long authors? Not that I am complaining, just curious.

Comment

What is the next novel out? I've just finished Mirror, Mirror.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            Hey guys,

Through one of the LJ comms, someone was looking for the book Halcyon, and after some searching, they ordered the book online, through some site, and she now updated me with this:

Could there be any truth to this? I sure hope so!
                            Hey, gang. I still exist, I promise -- just been a teensy bit busy lately. I'm currently typing one-handed with a 7-week-old baby napping on the other arm, and it's tough to say how long the nap will last.

I haven't heard any updates on reprints lately, so your guess is as good as mine. James, any word on your end? Likewise, I think James might be the answer to the "whose book is coming out next" question ...
                            Beth
                            http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                            http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                              James, any word on your end? Likewise, I think James might be the answer to the "whose book is coming out next" question ...
                              Nightfall is done and dusted, but as I understand its been dropped back a little. I think it may be my buddy Peter J. Evans up for the next Atlantis release, with Angelus (and it's a book I'd advise you to read with the lights on...)

Out Now:
                              Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                              Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                              "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                                Hey, gang. I still exist, I promise -- just been a teensy bit busy lately. I'm currently typing one-handed with a 7-week-old baby napping on the other arm, and it's tough to say how long the nap will last.
                                Awww congrats on the new arrival hon! I'll be joining the new mum club myself in May 09.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X