Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh yes... The Biz... yeah, still find it hard to believe he went on to become a Pro Wrestler... hmmm.... how random was that?

Had a similar addiction as a kid, especially when our home room teacher decided to read us Elidor last thing every day... grand stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSavile View Post

Had a similar addiction as a kid, especially when our home room teacher decided to read us Elidor last thing every day... grand stuff.
      We didn't get a choice, he was a local author (I grew up about 10 miles from him) and would visit our school and his books were everywhere. I was a huge fangurl, when most of my school mates had Donny Osmond or David Cassidy posters on the bedroom wall, I had one of Alan Garner.
      My mother blames him for me being a pagan since I was 10.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Hah, brilliant, and I must admit I am completely jealous... I can think of a few worse visitors to come to school... though I once had a dream Rush came to play a concert in my class room... yeah I was young

Comment

Hah, brilliant, and I must admit I am completely jealous... I can think of a few worse visitors to come to school... though I once had a dream Rush came to play a concert in my class room... yeah I was young
          He was mad as an earwig, he still is, but absolutely fascinating.
          He's surfaced again recently over the threat to shut Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope, which is about 1/3 of a mile from his home.
          I was his teenage stalker, I once delivered his milk as a friend of my Grandad owned the farm where his milk came from.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

He's still alive???

Man, I was in mourning for him about 7 years ago now when I heard he'd died... Okay, makes a mental note to go down to Jodrill Bank and hang around with a copy of Elidor in hand... (see even authors can be stalkers)

Comment

He's still alive???

Man, I was in mourning for him about 7 years ago now when I heard he'd died... Okay, makes a mental note to go down to Jodrill Bank and hang around with a copy of Elidor in hand... (see even authors can be stalkers)
              Nah, Elidor's set in Manchester mostly and most of the areas are gone (though they were there when I was a kid, including one of the street finders), you are better going up The Edge with a copy of Weirdstone or Moon of Gomrath, everything is right where it is in the books. Not that I need copies of the books anymore.

I knew he was still alive (it would have made all the Cheshire papers had he died) but he's been very quiet for the last decade or so but the cuffufle over the radio telescopes has brought him out of the woodwork again.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

*pokes his head in, has a look around, sees a few familiar faces (Hi Karen! Hi Sonny! Howdo Jim!)*

Just a quick introduction - I just joined up and figured I'd say hi. My first addition to the SG-1 universe hits the streets in January, so I guess that means I have 6 months to make you love me so you won't say anything nasty about it...
                Steve, you've joined us at last! Welcome to the madness.

Folks, it won't take nearly 6 months for you to like this guy. (Chap? Should I have gone with 'chap'? Maybe 'mate'? Seems I'm the only Yank hanging around at present.) I only know him via the email list for IAMTW, our tie-in writers' group, but I'm confident that you'll enjoy having him around.
                Beth
                http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Aww shucks... (see I can do American )

Chap works, mate works, oy you often as well ... especially when it is the missus yelling it.

I'm neck deep in packing crates here - 60 of the suckers so far filled with books... I am only moving 400m down the road, but I get a bigger place, with a huge balcony/terrace and best of all my own big ol' study... but Gateworld has become my 'moving displacement therapy room'. I tells ya, madness, pure madness moving house. I would say never again, but being as I'm 38 and have racked up... erm... 22 places so far I am thinking the odds of THIS being the one I end up settling in being very slim

Obviously I'm hoping they're all gonna like having me around, otherwise I'm going to have to go all Jay & Silent Bob... and that's just no fun

Comment

22?!!!

I've only racked up 13 so far - but that's spread across 5 countries (6 if you count Wales separately! )

And 60 crates filled with books. Wow. Someone that has more books than my sister!

Obviously I'm hoping they're all gonna like having me around, otherwise I'm going to have to go all Jay & Silent Bob... and that's just no fun
                    Smoochy-boochies!
                    sigpic

Comment

I see you found my sign posts, Steve Glad to have added another author to the collection! Quick question...what are we looking at for your novel? Goa'uld as bad guys? Or new bad guys?
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Gou'ald, but a different mythology - google Iblis to get an idea - an Islamic demon with an army of the damned...

Comment

Hmm I wonder if I will get one of those little 'Fandy Author' Tags all the cool kids've got

Comment

Hmm I wonder if I will get one of those little 'Fandy Author' Tags all the cool kids've got
                            Seek ye out a Mod and they'll sort you out with one.
                            sigpic

Comment

*pokes his head in, has a look around, sees a few familiar faces (Hi Karen! Hi Sonny! Howdo Jim!)*

Just a quick introduction - I just joined up and figured I'd say hi. My first addition to the SG-1 universe hits the streets in January, so I guess that means I have 6 months to make you love me so you won't say anything nasty about it...
                              Hi! I'm new to the whole Stargate novel universe! I'm looking forward to reading your trilogy and the other Stargate novels!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Well, if I can be so bold... Beth's recent Atlantis novel, Casualties of War, is a stonkingly good read and a great place to start!

Haven't had a chance to read Suzanne's Barque of Heaven yet, but it is right here in one of the many moving boxes. I'm also looking forward to reading Karen's Do No Harm, another terrific author.

You could do a lot worse than spend a few evenings in the company of these talented ladies, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X