This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
    I had a blast with you folks, too. Probably not going to make it this year, though, sorry to say. A certain life event is almost certain to wreck up the timing. Looks like a great show lineup (especially for you Radek fans!), so have fun and tell me all about it!
    It really is an excellent show lineup this year. I thought last year was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me, guess this year is going to top last years!

You will be missed and hope the life event is a happy one! You and your husband were two of the nicest people I met there last year!

Will let you know all about it!

Hope someone is there selling all the novels there this year. The other vender only had limited novels.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
      What's this I hear about another novel being written by James Swallow (original Amazon source)? Do you not get any sleep, man? If you'd like to reveal anything about the novel then it would be most appreciated...

Also, covers released for Do No Harm, Hydra, and Mirror Mirror. No idea if they're the final covers, but they were found on Amazon.
      I can't speak for the other titles, but the Do No Harm cover is final. Although, since the covers have to be approved by various people before being released, my guess is that they are.
      http://www.karenmiller.net
      http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Congratulations on the nomination, Elizabeth. It's wonderful company to be in and you'll be a great ambassador for the SG books. Fingers crossed for you.

Suzanne.
        sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
        http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
          It certainly is, hearty congratulations, will keep my fingers crossed for you.
          And, believe me, it never gets old; it's my 7th year of being nominated for a Hugo and it's still magical.
          Enjoy basking on your cloud!

FF 7 time nominee, two time winner, still on her own cloud nine and in no danger of coming down.
          Frostfox! Seven Hugo noms and two wins. Oh, boy. How utterly fantastic. Well done, you.

Hmm, must go off and examine the nom lists.

Suzanne
          sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
          http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Just an FYI for Stargate fans at the Serenity Complete event in London this weekend, I'll be there running two discussion panels and hopefully signing some books.
            Last edited by JMSwallow; 09 April 2008, 01:17 AM.

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Twitter

Comment

singing books, ey? Sounds like an event.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Is this a new product line from Fandy? SGA novels on CD, sung by the authors?
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, I just finished Blood Ties and TBH it realy didn't tickle me. Chosen and Exo really just grabbed me and pulled me into it. Blood didn't. I felt like it was a far too busy story. Too much happening, too much moving and far too much information.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Okay, I just finished Blood Ties and TBH it realy didn't tickle me. Chosen and Exo really just grabbed me and pulled me into it. Blood didn't. I felt like it was a far too busy story. Too much happening, too much moving and far too much information.
                    Fair enough -- honest (polite) reviews are the most useful kind, whether it's thumbs-up or thumbs-down. We sort of knew going in that it was a different type of story and that it would be something of a risk to tackle such a wide scope, so this is good information to have for the future. Thanks.

In other news, regarding James's post: Man, everybody but me is going to cool cons this month ... what does a girl have to do to get central Ohio onto the convention circuit?
                    (What's that? I need to move away from flyover country? Sigh ...)
                    Beth
                    http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                    http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                      Fair enough -- honest (polite) reviews are the most useful kind, whether it's thumbs-up or thumbs-down. We sort of knew going in that it was a different type of story and that it would be something of a risk to tackle such a wide scope, so this is good information to have for the future. Thanks.

In other news, regarding James's post: Man, everybody but me is going to cool cons this month ... what does a girl have to do to get central Ohio onto the convention circuit?
                      (What's that? I need to move away from flyover country? Sigh ...)
                      I personally liked BT, it seemed to be the perfect Teyla trip to Earth to me (8th reading of it)

CoW I just CAN'T put it down!! (14th reading of it) if it does not win Beth I dunno what i'mgonna do! It's wonderful!

Exo, well, i like it too, Teyla Whump galore! and since I iz Grande Master Whumpre of the Teyla Whumping Temple..... I like and it is approved girls (18th reading of it as of last night)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I liked Exo because of Rodney's part of it. I have never felt so deeply for Rodney as I have while reading Exo.
                        sigpic

Comment

Smug alert!!! I just finished reading Sabine's next Atlantis book, Mirror, Mirror. I am gobsmacked. It's the most extraordinary piece of work, people. It's ambitious, it's suspenseful, it's funny, it's really frightening. Hands down, it's a tremendous, tremendous story. Incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, true sf.

I know, I know, this sounds like an author blowing smoke. But truly reely, I'm not. I only say what I really think, and I think this is a fantabulous achievement.

I'd also like to acknowledge the feedback Sabine gave me on Do No Harm, which was incredibly insightful. Sometimes it's easy to think that authors do this stuff on their lonesome, but more often than not, no. We have wonderful input from beta readers and editors, and they help us to make our work far far better than it would be without their observations. It can be tough hearing the critical comments from an editor or reader, but if we're smart we know that the purpose of that feedback is to make us a better writer. I'd be far poorer without the comments my drafts have received -- and I think the unsung heroes of the process should be sung to, very loudly!
                          http://www.karenmiller.net
                          http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                            Just an FYI for Stargate fans at the Serenity Complete event in London this weekend, I'll be there running two discussion panels and hopefully singing some books.
                            I just want to say that I just finished Relativity and absolutely loved it! I'm new to the Fandemonium books, and I can't wait to get my hands on more SG1 books!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMiller View Post
                              Smug alert!!! I just finished reading Sabine's next Atlantis book, Mirror, Mirror. I am gobsmacked. It's the most extraordinary piece of work, people. It's ambitious, it's suspenseful, it's funny, it's really frightening. Hands down, it's a tremendous, tremendous story. Incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, true sf.

I know, I know, this sounds like an author blowing smoke. But truly reely, I'm not. I only say what I really think, and I think this is a fantabulous achievement.

I'd also like to acknowledge the feedback Sabine gave me on Do No Harm, which was incredibly insightful. Sometimes it's easy to think that authors do this stuff on their lonesome, but more often than not, no. We have wonderful input from beta readers and editors, and they help us to make our work far far better than it would be without their observations. It can be tough hearing the critical comments from an editor or reader, but if we're smart we know that the purpose of that feedback is to make us a better writer. I'd be far poorer without the comments my drafts have received -- and I think the unsung heroes of the process should be sung to, very loudly!
                              Ack! Eeeeeeeevil! That's not fair!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                                I just want to say that I just finished Relativity and absolutely loved it! I'm new to the Fandemonium books, and I can't wait to get my hands on more SG1 books!
                                Thanks for the comments, and welcome to the novels!

Out Now:
                                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X