Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just added the first chapters of Blood Ties plus the cover to my web site http://www.sonnywhitelaw.com. This is from my Word doc, not the final draft, so it may have a a typo or so in it, but I'm on another deadline at the moment.

cheers,
    Sonny
    www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sonny1 View Post
      I've just added the first chapters of Blood Ties plus the cover to my web site http://www.sonnywhitelaw.com. This is from my Word doc, not the final draft, so it may have a a typo or so in it, but I'm on another deadline at the moment.

cheers,
      Woohooo! *runs off to read*
      sigpic

Comment

cheers,
        Thank you so much! Now I have something to read while I wait for iTunes to post the right episode this time...
        sigpic

Comment

And another piece of news from Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine...

Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine is now available. Issue 31 features a never before seen interview with fantasy author Robin Hobb (who also writes as Megan Lindholm) alongside fantastic new fiction, poetry, art and non- fiction by new faces and some of our favourite authors gracing our pages once more.
          Don’t miss the new instalment in the award winning Red Priest world, brought to you by Dirk Flinthart. Are you having Goblin withdrawal while waiting for Jim Hines latest Jig novel? Get your fix with The Haunting of Jig’s Ear! Delve into the dark depths of award winning author Shane Jiraiya Cummings’ mind in Memoirs of a Teenage Antichrist, and check out a topical piece in Sonny Whitelaw’s The Promise. Whether it’s a chuckle, a shiver, a tear to your eye or just a darn good read you’re after, issue 31 will deliver!

Full Contents listing:

The Garden of the Djinn . . . Dirk Flinthart
          Wicked View . . . Marie Alafaci
          The Promise . . . Sonny Whitelaw
          How I Learned to Keep Tidy . . . Matthew Chrulew
          Reading the Lines . . . J J Irwin
          The Haunting of Jig's Ear . . . Jim C Hines
          Memoirs of a Teenage Antichrist . . . Shane Jiraiya Cummings
          The Neighborly Thing . . . Suzanne Palmer
          Sing . . . Mary O R Paddock
          Getting the Curse . . . Susan Abel Sullivan

Visit http://www.andromedaspaceways.com for more information and ways to order your copy in print or PDF. PDF subscriptions also available at a great price, or get your hands dirty (well, not really but paper does feel so nice!) with a print subscription!
          Sonny
          www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

cheers,
            SSQUUEE!! Runs off to read!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
              12 point Times New Roman, double spaced. That's pretty much industry standard, so stick with that. Don't use fancy fonts or fiddle with the size or the kerning.

One other thing to mention, regarding book length - the novels published by Fandemonium are around 100,000 words long.
              Thanks, I've been wondering what font/size for a while, thanks muchly for the info.

oh and Elizabeth, LOVED CoW!!!! It was really well written, you have all the characters down with the way they speak any everything!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Are anymore Stargate: Atlantis books planned after "Blood Ties"?

BTW, I have this book pre-ordered.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                  oh and Elizabeth, LOVED CoW!!!! It was really well written, you have all the characters down with the way they speak any everything!
                  Thanks much, Teyilia -- so glad to hear it!

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                  Are anymore Stargate: Atlantis books planned after "Blood Ties"?

BTW, I have this book pre-ordered.
                  Glad to hear that, too. Rest assured, all, that the chapter posted by Sonny is the ONLY one in which the team isn't at the forefront of the action. Just a little necessary setup work...

I know more Atlantis books are planned; I just don't know the details. Perhaps one of the other authors in the thread is on tap to do the next one and can speak more definitively.
                  Beth
                  http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                  http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Relativity is available in the USA now. I've ordered some for the store (as well as myself and a friend).

Wow. 6.99 pounds. That's over $14US. No way. Outrageous.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Hey Elizabeth just wanted to let you know I read up where you grew up and guess what? I was in town two weeks ago! anyhow also wanted to say I reread CoW(now going into the seventh reading of it) and I can't help but notice how well you write everyone! I am so glad I got that book!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hey Elizabeth just wanted to let you know I read up where you grew up and guess what? I was in town two weeks ago! anyhow also wanted to say I reread CoW(now going into the seventh reading of it) and I can't help but notice how well you write everyone! I am so glad I got that book!
                        Really? Small world! Do you live somewhere in Michigan, or were you visiting? I get up there fairly often, but I still miss it ... We've got fall colors and apple cider down here in Ohio as well, but somehow it's not quite the same as being home ...

And I'm impressed to hear that you're going for seven readings of CoW. That's got to be some kind of record! I'm thrilled to hear how much you're enjoying it.

P.S. Three cheers for the release of Relativity!
                        Beth

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                          Really? Small world! Do you live somewhere in Michigan, or were you visiting? I get up there fairly often, but I still miss it ... We've got fall colors and apple cider down here in Ohio as well, but somehow it's not quite the same as being home ...

And I'm impressed to hear that you're going for seven readings of CoW. That's got to be some kind of record! I'm thrilled to hear how much you're enjoying it.

Apple cider? Yum!!! And apple butter. And pumpkin muffins. Yikes. This is weight gain season. Til I encounter retail Netu anyway.

Brunswick stew...

suse
                          yeah, I live in the South
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I was born and raised in Ann Arbor, but no I live down near Atlanta GA now, heck most of my fanfics have mention of the rather...erm... Armed town and since it is a fanfic I always say that "Ann Arbor is the most armed place in the USA" and of course everyone laughs because I am really joking, anyway, I was up there a week ago yestordays and got home a week ago today to the time! we were there for two weeks, got up there about the oh I think 24 or 25 of last month, then when the power went out we went up to Mackinac City (I had a bouns filled trip, got to even go to the Island when I thought only the City would be far as we would go) anyhow I miss Home, i miss Michigan so much some of my characters are from there (hehe mostly based off me)

anyway seven you say is a record? wow I'm one spiffy reader, is it possible for me to get my read hungery paws on a copy(even if used) of Rising? I have the money to pay for it now and the bookstore does not have it, wierd huh? Again very nicely written

Comment

What? Where? Oh, Good.

Out Now:
                              Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                              Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                              "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              Twitter

Comment

I was born and raised in Ann Arbor, but no I live down near Atlanta GA now, heck most of my fanfics have mention of the rather...erm... Armed town and since it is a fanfic I always say that "Ann Arbor is the most armed place in the USA" and of course everyone laughs because I am really joking, anyway, I was up there a week ago yestordays and got home a week ago today to the time! we were there for two weeks, got up there about the oh I think 24 or 25 of last month, then when the power went out we went up to Mackinac City (I had a bouns filled trip, got to even go to the Island when I thought only the City would be far as we would go) anyhow I miss Home, i miss Michigan so much some of my characters are from there (hehe mostly based off me)

anyway seven you say is a record? wow I'm one spiffy reader, is it possible for me to get my read hungery paws on a copy(even if used) of Rising? I have the money to pay for it now and the bookstore does not have it, wierd huh? Again very nicely written

Hmm ... Armed? Ann Arbor? What exactly would you say they're armed with up there? Protest signs? Birkenstocks? (Possibly snow shovels?) I didn't grow up there, but I spent four years of undergrad and one year of grad school there, and I'd move back in a heartbeat if there were any aerospace jobs available. Although I don't miss the parking situation.

As for Rising, I think it's still available from Fandy's site, www.stargatenovels.com -- I'd check there if your local Barnes and Noble doesn't have it.

P.S. I finally got around to updating my website with the cover and excerpt of Blood Ties -- I'd been slacking because Sonny already got the info out there. Would love to post more, especially since Chapter One is the chapter that focuses the least on our heroes ... but we can't give away too much, now can we?
                                Beth

Comment

Working...
                                X