This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
    Just FYI, that is not the final cover for Relativity...
    Like others, I'm glad to hear that. I originally found them on Amazon and was wary but uploaded them anyway...someone from Fandy may want to get in touch with Amazon US/UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      THat's what I thought as well. Casaulties is a promo shot from S3...Blood Ties is another promo shot....I hope they change cause those covers are, well, boring.
      Not to worry. I just got my first glimpse of the real cover for Casualties, and it looks fantastic. Crossing my fingers that MGM approves it exactly as it is.

As I understand it, Fandy submits these mockups when distributors insist on having a cover to use in their advertising before the actual art is finished. In the past Amazon hasn't used them, but maybe now they're getting their data from the distributor. <shrug>
      Beth
      http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
      http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
        Not to worry. I just got my first glimpse of the real cover for Casualties, and it looks fantastic. Crossing my fingers that MGM approves it exactly as it is.

As I understand it, Fandy submits these mockups when distributors insist on having a cover to use in their advertising before the actual art is finished. In the past Amazon hasn't used them, but maybe now they're getting their data from the distributor. <shrug>

When its approved will you give us a sneak peak and post the cover here? I like seeing things like this.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          When its approved will you give us a sneak peak and post the cover here? I like seeing things like this.
          As soon as it's got the MGM stamp of approval, I'll let you know (via a dance of glee, possibly) and put it up on my website. On that subject, I should be getting the galleys of the full, final text any day now, so expect to see an excerpt very soon...
          Beth
          http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
          http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Like the Barque cover! I wonder, will we be getting some Ra involvement?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
              As soon as it's got the MGM stamp of approval, I'll let you know (via a dance of glee, possibly) and put it up on my website. On that subject, I should be getting the galleys of the full, final text any day now, so expect to see an excerpt very soon...
              SQUEE!!! I look forward to the covers and excepts. I'm desperate for somer new reads and Roswell hasn't arrived yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                Like others, I'm glad to hear that. I originally found them on Amazon and was wary but uploaded them anyway...someone from Fandy may want to get in touch with Amazon US/UK.
                This often happens in publishing, when temp covers are distributed to "lock" a book for advertising or catalog purposes. My non-fiction book Dark Eye still has the wrong cover on Amazon US, four years after it was published! But I'm told the final cover for Relativity has a more, uh, explosive image on it; the current pic doesn't really fit, as the Prometheus never actually appears in the book!

Out Now:
                Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Like the Barque cover! I wonder, will we be getting some Ra involvement?
                  It grabs the eye, doesn't it? As to Ra... without giving away any spoilers I'd have to say he'll be there - after a fashion.

Unfortunately Barque has been pushed back in the schedule to January now, so you'll have a bit longer to wait.

Suzanne.
                  sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
                  http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

I'm a Ra-fanatic. So I'll definately be getting that if it's got Ra in!

And assuming I have been paid today, which I should have been, I'll be getting Roswell and Entanglement later today.
                    sigpic

Comment

Woot. Ordered them both.

Also, anyone know what happened to them bookmarks they used to do? I loved them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Woot. Ordered them both.

Also, anyone know what happened to them bookmarks they used to do? I loved them.
                        Ask them for one?
                        Or I think I have a spare somewhere if you really, really want one.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

Ive got 3. 2 of the team, 1 of the chevron. I just want more!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ive got 3. 2 of the team, 1 of the chevron. I just want more!
                            Laughs.
                            I gave one to my friend's daughter, I've got two left, all of the team.
                            I'll keep hold of it, someone will want if.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                              Laughs.
                              I gave one to my friend's daughter, I've got two left, all of the team.
                              I'll keep hold of it, someone will want if.

FF
                              If you're willing to ship to Scotland, I wouldn't mind taking one off of your hands...you'd just have to let me know how to pay. And the preview of Barque of Heaven which is in the back of Roswell makes it sound quite interesting...I'd have gotten it even if it hadn't (I'm an obsessive collector) but it's nice to know it'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                                If you're willing to ship to Scotland, I wouldn't mind taking one off of your hands...you'd just have to let me know how to pay. And the preview of Barque of Heaven which is in the back of Roswell makes it sound quite interesting...I'd have gotten it even if it hadn't (I'm an obsessive collector) but it's nice to know it'll be good.
                                Pfui, you don't need to pay for it, pm me your addy and I'll try to get it in the post tomorrow.

Nice place, Kinghorn, last time I was there for a sad reason (old friend's funeral) but it was a pleasant little town.

Ff
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X