Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I hadn't even got a reply. *sigh* But next week! Finally! Yay!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      ...I hadn't even got a reply. *sigh* But next week! Finally! Yay!
      It was printed in the US apparently, so US stores have it and it's shipped to the UK from there, as opposed to what used to happen. I suspect overall it's cheaper to print in the US and distribute world wide.

I think the US supplier has offices in Melbourne. Books are shipped to Aus from the distributor directly, and weekly as bulk orders, which probably explains why there are copies here even before the UK, and hence why Galaxy said, and I quote, 'they're flying out the door'.

cheers,
      Sonny
      www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Any chance of some info on Barque of Heaven..?
        I might be able to help with that. Hello, I’m Suzanne.

The Barque of Heaven is set in season three, just after Deadman’s Switch. I’d probably describe it as a ripping yarn, and a non-stop adventure. The team is caught in a trial and faces all kinds of dangers as they attempt to find a way home.

The mythology behind this book is Egyptian. There’s bad guys, unexpected good guys, some bad jokes, lots of perils, a fair bit of whumping, some nice team moments, some archaeology, lots of shootin’, lots of running, more than one planet, and a few pretty sunsets.

Oh, and they use the Stargate. A lot.

If you’re wondering, this book is a result of the open submissions Fandemonium had a couple of years ago. I’m over the moon that I’ve been given this wonderful opportunity, and hope that people enjoy the book.

Suzanne.
        sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
        http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sonny1 View Post
          It was printed in the US apparently, so US stores have it and it's shipped to the UK from there, as opposed to what used to happen. I suspect overall it's cheaper to print in the US and distribute world wide.

I think the US supplier has offices in Melbourne. Books are shipped to Aus from the distributor directly, and weekly as bulk orders, which probably explains why there are copies here even before the UK, and hence why Galaxy said, and I quote, 'they're flying out the door'.

cheers,
          G'day, Sonny! I can add that the Australian distributor also sells to the public, through their website and at a discount. So if anyone is having trouble getting them through their bookstore they can go to -

www.dadirect.com.au

I'm off to snuggle down with Roswell. I'm really enjoying it.

Suzanne.
          sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
          http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

I have this hand expression that wont work on the internet but I feel like using it with Fandy. No, not swearing. Rather distraught TBH. I always loved Fandy because it was a UK company and UK got the stuff first...but now...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              I have this hand expression that wont work on the internet but I feel like using it with Fandy. No, not swearing. Rather distraught TBH. I always loved Fandy because it was a UK company and UK got the stuff first...but now...

I think it's one of those damned if you do, and damned if you don't decisions, with the final choice coming down to a business decision - don't quote me on that, but the publishing industry has incredibly small margins, and not a week goes by when some mid range publisher goes under. Several publishers I've spoken to in the last 2 months or so are saying much the same thing, that mid-list fiction sales are dropping and best sellers are staying on best selling lists for shorter periods. There are exceptions, of course, like Hollywood actors, top of the line best sellers are exempt from this apparent trend (and I suspect another dozen publishers will say that fiction sales are increasing). But generally, the feeling is that the actual shelf life of the average novel is getting shorter and shorter. Consequently, to get the returns on any one novel in order to remain a viable business, it's necessary to reduce costs and/or increase market exposure. The US market is, by sheer virtue of population, a much bigger market than the UK, and the cost of printing in the UK has always been a killer on, say, the retail prices of Fandy novels in Australia. Until recently, they were selling here from A$23 - A$27 depending on whether they were air freighted (2-3 weeks) or sea freighted (6-9 weeks). Now, with the printing and distribution system in the US that ties to Australia, the waiting time is a maximum of 2-3 weeks based on DA books schedule and internal distribution in Aus, (and in many cases they have them in stock, so its a matter of days) and the RRP is just under A$15.

I suspect in time, they'll have the system fine tuned enough to announce a release date that will have sufficient lead time between printing and distribution, so that the books are released in all countries simultaneously and on time.

Beth and I have finished Blood Ties, BTW, with story and line edits done and approved. It's now in the hands of the Gods of MGM for comment. We seem to have fallen into a reasonably good groove with MGM because the last few novels have come back with progressively fewer comments, and amendments have taken maybe an hour or so, tops, to do. Fingers crossed that will be the same with this novel .

cheers
              Sonny
              www.sonnywhitelaw.com

sigpic

Comment

Any news on Roswell being available on the Fandy site?
                sigpic

Comment

Take a look right now It just became available.

Comment

Also updated is their book list at http://www.stargatenovels.com/books.shtml

I've copied in the "not yet published" part of the list below. There are some new titles on it if any of the authors would like to share anything...

I'm looking forward to some great reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forthcoming and published titles from Fandemonium Books.
                    - Arranged from newest to oldest.
                    *NYP indicates "not yet published"

Updated 11 June 2007

Title Stargate SG-1: Tin Team
                    Series no. SG1-13
                    Author Holly Scott and Jaimie Duncan
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-10-8
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-10-3
                    Price UK £6.99 | US $7.95 | Canada $9.95
                    Licensed markets USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ, S.Africa
                    Publication date April 2008 *NYP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title Stargate SG-1: Do No Harm
                    Series no. SG1-12
                    Author Karen Miller
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-09-4
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-09-7
                    Publication date March 2008 *NYP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title Stargate SG-1: Barque of Heaven
                    Series no. SG1-11
                    Author Suzanne Wood
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-05-1
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-05-9
                    Publication date July 2007 Publication date postponed until January 2008. *NYP

Title Stargate Atlantis: Blood Ties
                    Series no. SGA-8
                    Author Sonny Whitelaw
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-08-6
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-08-0
                    Publication date December 2007 *NYP

Title Stargate SG-1: Relativity
                    Series no. SG1-10
                    Author James Swallow
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-07-8
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-07-3
                    Publication date October 2007 *NYP

Title Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War
                    Series no. SGA-7
                    Author Elizabeth Christensen
                    Description
                    ISBN-10 1-905586-06-X
                    ISBN-13 978-1-905586-06-6
                    Publication date September 2007 *NYP

Comment

The new list looks good...Tin Team I like the sound of...will we find out more of what the robot SG-1 did after they left Altair? And is the title meant to remind me of the archeology show Time Team, or is that just a coincidence? Also, will Do No Harm be a Janet-centric novel? The short story featuring her in the Stargate magazine was interesting, and I liked how her character was portrayed in Survival of the Fittest.

Also, in case any of you are interested, the covers for Barque of Heaven, Relativity, Casualties of War, and Blood Ties were all released.
                      Last edited by Jaymach; 12 June 2007, 08:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention one.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne Wood View Post
                        I might be able to help with that. Hello, I’m Suzanne.

The Barque of Heaven is set in season three, just after Deadman’s Switch. I’d probably describe it as a ripping yarn, and a non-stop adventure. The team is caught in a trial and faces all kinds of dangers as they attempt to find a way home.

The mythology behind this book is Egyptian. There’s bad guys, unexpected good guys, some bad jokes, lots of perils, a fair bit of whumping, some nice team moments, some archaeology, lots of shootin’, lots of running, more than one planet, and a few pretty sunsets.

Oh, and they use the Stargate. A lot.

If you’re wondering, this book is a result of the open submissions Fandemonium had a couple of years ago. I’m over the moon that I’ve been given this wonderful opportunity, and hope that people enjoy the book.

Suzanne.
                        Sounds very cool. Thanks!

Stargate SG-1: Tin Team

Originally posted by Jaymach
                        Also, in case any of you are interested, the covers for Barque of Heaven, Relativity, Casualties of War, and Blood Ties were all released.
                        Oh, I'm very excited if that site's synopsis of Blood Ties is right - crossover!
                        (Is it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                          Oh, I'm very excited if that site's synopsis of Blood Ties is right - crossover!
                          (Is it?)
                          Well I took that synopsis from Amazon, I must admit...but I believe either Sonny or Beth confirmed earlier in this thread that the crossover would include Daniel Jackson.

EDIT: Here we are...

Blood Ties sees the Atlantis team on Earth (some of the time; the entire story is not set on Earth but events are naturally interlinked), and for reasons that have to do with the return of Ancients to Earth 10,000 YA, they team up with Daniel Jackson. It's not so much a crossover as a broader story that links the SG-1 universe with the Atlantis universe via the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                            Just FYI, that is not the final cover for Relativity...

Out Now:
                            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                              Just FYI, that is not the final cover for Relativity...
                              Glad to hear it. I had assumed all of those "covers" on that site were merely mock-ups...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                Glad to hear it. I had assumed all of those "covers" on that site were merely mock-ups...

THat's what I thought as well. Casaulties is a promo shot from S3...Blood Ties is another promo shot....I hope they change cause those covers are, well, boring.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X