This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen
    <snicker> We aim to please. James has been pretty smug ever since I called him over to read the last couple of posts.

He was also pleased to see that the exocerpt rated a "squee." (Of course, so was I; thanks, GG!)

Somebody mentioned somewhere (in the Halcyon thread, maybe?) being bummed out that there weren't always preview excerpts of upcoming books in the current books. The (likely) reason for that is the fact that a manuscript isn't fully complete until it's been vetted by MGM, and those approvals don't always happen all that far in advance. And it takes time to set everything up for printing.

The manuscript for Exo just got MGM's thumbs-up fairly recently, hence we were able to post the prologue and first chapter, but I'm guessing it wasn't early enough to slip into the back of Alliances. <shrug> The constraints of the business.
    YW on the Squee!! THe exoceprt was well deserving of it.

Thanks for filling me in as to why there are not any excerpts in the books. I can deal with not having them in the books as long as you all are gracious enough to continue posting a link for each one so that I can read them.
    sigpic

Comment

<snicker> We aim to please. James has been pretty smug ever since I called him over to read the last couple of posts.
      Who, me? Smug? Well, maybe just a little...

Out Now:
      Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
      Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
      "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Twitter

Comment

Are you gonna be doing another novel, James?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow
          Who, me? Smug? Well, maybe just a little...
          Heh ... Should've known that would happen. As it happens, Sonny and I were referring to my husband, whose name is also James. Of course, I'm sure you have every reason to be smug as well; although I haven't had the opportunity to read Halcyon yet, I'm confident that it rocks.

Hmm -- now this may prompt a rumor that you're my husband ...

<ducks back into her little writing hidey-hole before she says something crazier and/or makes Sonny spew Diet Coke again>
          Beth
          http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
          http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Heh ... Should've known that would happen. As it happens, Sonny and I were referring to my husband, whose name is also James. Of course, I'm sure you have every reason to be smug as well; although I haven't had the opportunity to read Halcyon yet, I'm confident that it rocks.
            Ah. James - it's a noble and heroic name. And thank you Beth, for the kind words.

Hmm -- now this may prompt a rumor that you're my husband ...
            My girlfriend would not be pleased by that...

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            Are you gonna be doing another novel, James?
            I'm finishing up another novel right now, actually, but I assume you're asking about a Gate-verse book, right? Well, I can't talk about anything officially at the moment because there's no ink on contracts and the like, but I can tell you that I have been discussing a new project with Fandemonium. I'll say more when I can.

Out Now:
            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
            Twitter

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for: (very, very, slight, spoiler - not really for "Siren Song"):
              Spoiler:
              "Slo-ow motion Wa-alter. That fire engine gu-uy"
              I've had it stuck in my head since I first read it. LOL

Comment

Well, my copies of Alliances are in the mail, so it should be hitting the shops and online store soon!

How exciting ... wheeeee!
                http://www.karenmiller.net
                http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Any chance of a free, signed copy? *wink wink*
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I'd like a signed copy (well a signed copy of all the books actually). Now that would be cool. But I'd be willing to pay for them. After all, there has to be some reason to keep them writing all these fantastic stories.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's the wrong question to ask a pro writer ...

But if you PM me your snail mail details I'll send you a signed bookplate, since I live in Sydney.
                      http://www.karenmiller.net
                      http://karenmiller.livejournal.com

Comment

Just double-posting this here as well as over in the Halcyon thread..

I'll be signing copies of my Stargate Atlantis novel Halcyon later this month at the London MCM Expo event, at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October.

Actors Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate along with the Fandemonium crew, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here to visit the event's official site.

Out Now:
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                          Just double-posting this here as well as over in the Halcyon thread..

I'll be signing copies of my Stargate Atlantis novel Halcyon later this month at the London MCM Expo event, at the Excel Centre in London's Docklands, over the weekend of 28th-29th October.

Actors Joe Flanigan and Dan Shea will also be there representing Stargate along with the Fandemonium crew, so come along and say hi - for more info click Here to visit the event's official site.
                          But I'm on the other side of the pond! I think you all should attend the Vancouver Convention in March.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                            But I'm on the other side of the pond! I think you all should attend the Vancouver Convention in March.
                            Tell them to invite us! I'm sure we'd all love a free trip to Vancouver!

Out Now:
                            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                              Tell them to invite us! I'm sure we'd all love a free trip to Vancouver!
                              I can certainly put in the suggestion. There's just no guarantees.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMiller View Post
                                That's the wrong question to ask a pro writer ...

But if you PM me your snail mail details I'll send you a signed bookplate, since I live in Sydney.
                                I'm in England...some ways away.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X