X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Pats "Nightfall" that has landed on my doorstep*

And it smells very fresh, too...

In how far those books can smell fresh, because sometimes they just smell icky. Not the Stargate ones, but other ones I bought... I think.

There's more news about the books? I'll need to read back then!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Anyone up for writing a Todd-book?

Or perhaps Joe Mallozzi has some nice ideas for stories that he can't do in the show anymore?

I remember people liking several of those stories he proposed, but didn't make the cut (one was on them working with the Genii against the Wraith, but they didn't know what the facility they were attacking contained, but when there, they saw it was a kind of nursery for 12 Wraith females, and another one was a time-traveling one, split up in past, present and future, I think?)

*Oh, just goes to search the link already*

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-got-to-write/

-> 4 stories he never got to write

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-au-season-6/

-> Especially story 13.

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

-> Colour coded outline.

Here.

Anyone thinking of stories that can be set in season 6 or further on? Or has anyone ever thought to do a 'real' season 6?

Comment

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Angelus has been released on Amazon.

Angelus by Peter J. Evans

Comment

It's up for order on Stargatenovels.com as well. Just ordered it and Nightfall!

Comment

SG1/SGA - 3rd Annual Scribe Award Nominations (Stargate Novels):

At The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers:

(Please follow the link for the complete list of nominees.)

The Third Annual Scribe Awards (2009)

The 2009 Scribe Award submissions, for books pubished in 2008, are listed below. The nominees will be announced in March and the winners announced at a ceremony at Comicon in San Diego in July.

2009 SCRIBE AWARD SUBMISSIONS

SPECULATIVE FICTION

BEST NOVEL—ORIGINAL

STARGATE SG-1: HYDRA by Holly Scott & Jaime Duncan

STARGATE SG-1: THE BARQUE OF HEAVEN by Suzanne Wood

STARGATE SG-1: DO NO HARM by Karen Miller

STARGATE ATLANTIS: MIRROR, MIRROR by Sabine Bauer

The IAMTW is dedicated to enhancing the professional and public image of tie-in writers...to working with the media to review tie-in novels and publicize their authors...to educating people about who we are and what we do....and to providing a forum for tie-in writers to share information, support one another, and discuss issues relating to our field (via a regular e-newsletter, our website, and our active discussion group). Our members include authors active in many other professional writer organizations (MWA, PWA, WGA, SFWA, etc.) and who share their unique perspectives with their fellow tie-in writers. Our name itself is a declaration of pride in what we do: I AM a Tie-in Writer. You can find out more about the IAMTW by looking around this website.

~~**~~**

James Swallow, also a Stargate Novels author, was nominated for:

SPECULATIVE FICTION

BEST NOVEL—ORIGINAL

STAR TREK TEROK NOR: DAY OF THE VIPERS by James Swallow

~~**~~**

Fandemonium Press Stargate Novels web site

~~**~~**

Congratulations to all the nominees!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              SG1/SGA - 3rd Annual Scribe Award Nominations (Stargate Novels):

At The International Association of Media Tie-In Writers:

(Please follow the link for the complete list of nominees.)

The Third Annual Scribe Awards (2009)

The 2009 Scribe Award submissions, for books pubished in 2008, are listed below. The nominees will be announced in March and the winners announced at a ceremony at Comicon in San Diego in July.

On the ball as always, Morjana!

The finalists were announced just yesterday (or possibly the day before; I'm behind on my email) ...

Mega-congrats for the following Stargate authors who made the short list for their work on various series:

STARGATE SG-1: HYDRA by Holly Scott & Jamie Duncan
              STAR TREK: TEROK NOR, DAY OF THE VIPERS by James Swallow
              STAR WARS - THE CLONE WARS: WILD SPACE by Karen Miller
              PRIMEVAL: SHADOW OF THE JAGUAR by Steven Savile

We've got a pretty impressive crew here, huh? And, even better, only two of these novels are competing in the same category -- so there's a possibility of THREE Stargate authors bringing home the hardware. :-)

Best of luck at Comic-Con in July, all!
              Beth
              http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
              http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                On the ball as always, Morjana!

The finalists were announced just yesterday (or possibly the day before; I'm behind on my email) ...

Mega-congrats for the following Stargate authors who made the short list for their work on various series:

STARGATE SG-1: HYDRA by Holly Scott & Jamie Duncan
                STAR TREK: TEROK NOR, DAY OF THE VIPERS by James Swallow
                STAR WARS - THE CLONE WARS: WILD SPACE by Karen Miller
                PRIMEVAL: SHADOW OF THE JAGUAR by Steven Savile

We've got a pretty impressive crew here, huh? And, even better, only two of these novels are competing in the same category -- so there's a possibility of THREE Stargate authors bringing home the hardware. :-)

Best of luck at Comic-Con in July, all!
                That's an excellent showing.
                I hope you all do well.

Media tie-ins have often been perceived as second class fiction in literary circles, it is nice to see them getting some recognition. The writers I know who write them put just as much hard work into their craft as the writers of original fiction. And it's harder, in someways, with show canon for the stories to live up to, at least with your own world building you make your own canon and while it should be internally consistent, as 'god' you have more leeway.

I'm on tenterhooks until August for the Hugos, but at least it's an excuse to go to Montreal!
                Are any of the Fandemonium authors going to Worldcon?

FF
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                  I don't know if anyone noticed, but Angelus has been released on Amazon.

Angelus by Peter J. Evans
                  I ordered it there plus Nightfall from Stargatenovels.com.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

That's why the IAMTW was created, FrostFox.

We're here to make sure that tie-in writers get the recognition they deserve.

And thanks, Elizabeth. While third place is nice, that story got a first place that's far bigger that's going to be announced soon.

Just to update y'all, I'm loving this book. I'm learning too much from the Elizabeth that's telling me her story, and I'm having far too much fun with Elizabeth and Barrett. Yes, Barrett. I really hope you guys like this as much as I am.
                    Terri Osborne
                    www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

Barrett?!? Oh, this should be fun! *gleefully rubs hands together*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Anyone writing any new short stories for the Stargate magazine? Been a few issues without anything...

Comment

I have one I've been told is in the queue, but beyond that, I honestly don't know.
                          Terri Osborne
                          www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

Yay! Angelus arrived this morning! Ordered it last week...

Comment

This may have been asked before (in which case I apologize), but I was wondering if the authors might be good enough to tell us the time frames of the all their published stargate books and short stories in the magazines in terms of the episodes. Thanks in advance!
                              ~Melanie

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UngoauldedUnas View Post
                                This may have been asked before (in which case I apologize), but I was wondering if the authors might be good enough to tell us the time frames of the all their published stargate books and short stories in the magazines in terms of the episodes. Thanks in advance!
                                I think you'd have to comb through an awful lot of this thread to find the previous discussion on this topic, so here's a shortcut:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_literature

I'm not sure who updates it or how accurate it is, but it's correct for my novels and short stories, at least. My last story, "Waypoints," has no specific timeframe (other than post-S1, since Ronon's there) -- but it's no secret that it was written before the episode "Outcast," because it contains a line about Sheppard that "Outcast" rendered inaccurate. Can't win 'em all...
                                Beth
                                http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                                http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Working...
                                X