Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only had the chance to listen to the one Torri read so far, but it was great. Jim, I'm looking forward to getting time to spend with yours.
    Terri Osborne
    www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      There is a thread on the audiobooks (which are done by a different company, although a couple of Fandy authors have taken part):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49643
      Excellent! Thanks for showing me the way!

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
      You can follow Scary Kitty's link above for the audiobook thread; but to answer your question, no, you will not get the "written work" with the CD, because there isn't one per se - these are not adaptations of existing stories, they're written specifically as two-actor audio dramas/readings. The scripts for these audios have not (as yet) been released - but I hope that won't discourage you from trying them out.
      Oh bummer. I'm partially deaf so i would prefer to "watch" the book unfold at the same time as hearing it. Sort of like watching an episode with subtitles if you get my drift.
      Thanks for the info! Its nice to be able to go somewhere and get an answer. Much apperciated.
      What is right cannot be measured in strength.

I think i spend to much time sitting here......

Comment

Originally posted by TerriO View Post
        I've only had the chance to listen to the one Torri read so far, but it was great. Jim, I'm looking forward to getting time to spend with yours.
        Thanks, Terri. The next series is due to start at the end of May, with my story First Prime, featuring Christopher Judge and Noel Clarke of Doctor Who and BAFTA-award fame...

Out Now:
        Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
        Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
        "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Twitter

Comment

Looks like several of the books are finally available in ebook form! They might be Kindle only right now as I do not see them anywhere but Amazon. Only Entanglement, Rising, The Barque of Heaven, Relativity, City of the Gods, Casualties of War, Blood Ties, and The Cost of Honor are available so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhirly View Post
            Looks like several of the books are finally available in ebook form! They might be Kindle only right now as I do not see them anywhere but Amazon. Only Entanglement, Rising, The Barque of Heaven, Relativity, City of the Gods, Casualties of War, Blood Ties, and The Cost of Honor are available so far.
            Wow, really? This is news to me. Can you provide a link? I went to the Amazon page for Casualties and it only offered me a chance to "request" it on Kindle. Thanks in advance!
            Beth
            http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
            http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
              Wow, really? This is news to me. Can you provide a link?
              You have to search the Kindle books; they apparently aren't linked to the print copies at present.
              Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
              "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Question to the authors. I know there are at least three Sg-1 books due soon. But there seems to be slew of Atlantis books coming out. (Or at least it seems that way) Is this due to a demand for Atlantis stories? Or are people just trying their hand at Atlantis. I'm curious. I like Atlantis but I prefer SG-1 books. Although the last two Atlantis books were pretty good. Mirror Mirror, and Nightfall which I am halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                  Question to the authors. I know there are at least three Sg-1 books due soon. But there seems to be slew of Atlantis books coming out.
                  I can't speak on behalf of Fandemonium, but this is probably just a quirk of scheduling. Delays happen, there are production problems, sometimes re-writes are needed, and book release dates slip. It's just the way things shake out...

Right now (as far as I'm aware), there's five SG-1 novels and five SGA novels on the way/in progress/currently being written...

SG-1: Valhalla (Tim Waggoner)
                  SG-1: Shadows (Steven Savile)
                  SG-1: Consequences (Karen Miller)
                  SG-1: Shadows of the Heart (Richard C. White)
                  SG-1: *title TBC* (Steve Lockley and Paul Lewis)

SGA: Angelus (Peter J. Evans)
                  SGA: Brimstone (David Niall Wilson)
                  SGA: Portals of Discovery (Terri Osborne)
                  SGA: The Internal Darkness (Kevin Hosey)
                  SGA: Dead End (Chris Wraight)

...and more that are in early stages of development.

Out Now:
                  Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                  Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                  "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                    Right now (as far as I'm aware), there's five SG-1 novels and five SGA novels on the way/in progress/currently being written...
                    There's at least two more SG-1 novels coming, though I'm not sure if Steve Savile is working on them yet; that would bring the balance of released/announced books between the series since the first Atlantis book in December 2005 to... exactly equal.
                    Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                      You have to search the Kindle books; they apparently aren't linked to the print copies at present.
                      Oh, sweet. This almost makes me want to fork over the $250 for a Kindle just to see how my own stuff looks on it. Wait, $359? Um, never mind. Still, way cool.

Thanks for the heads-up, folks! I'm going to ask the publisher how they're handling those, just in case this means the out-of-print older books will now be available as e-versions. Don't get your hopes up yet, though, since I have no idea how this stuff works. There may be some kind of Kindle-only agreement.
                      Beth

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                        Question to the authors. I know there are at least three Sg-1 books due soon. But there seems to be slew of Atlantis books coming out. (Or at least it seems that way) Is this due to a demand for Atlantis stories? Or are people just trying their hand at Atlantis. I'm curious. I like Atlantis but I prefer SG-1 books. Although the last two Atlantis books were pretty good. Mirror Mirror, and Nightfall which I am halfway through.
                        My luck fell more with SG:A. I had an SG-1 story in, but it didn't make the cut.

It's not that some of us aren't trying, but I guess some of us are having a better facility with one than the other.
                        Terri Osborne
                        www.terriosborne.com

Currently writing: Stargate: Atlantis--Portals of Discovery, a.k.a, the memoirs of Elizabeth Weir (coming sometime in 2010)

Comment

I'm going to ask the publisher how they're handling those, just in case this means the out-of-print older books will now be available as e-versions. Don't get your hopes up yet, though, since I have no idea how this stuff works. There may be some kind of Kindle-only agreement.
                          What do you know -- I managed to catch them before the day ended across the pond. The scoop from Fandy:

Yes, the entire Stargate catalog will soon be available on Kindle. This includes the out-of-print titles, which was a big priority. (Woo-hoo!)

Other formats are in the works, too. Nothing official yet, but stay tuned -- you may not have to pony up $359 for a Kindle after all. ;-)

P.S. Huge congrats to Terri on her Unreality nomination!
                          Beth

Comment

Thanks for answering all the questions, guys! I'm looking forward to the new books!

Terri, you may want to PM or contact the Mods--I noticed your status/rank is listed the same as a GW member; but I think as a Fandy author you can get your rank changed to "Fandemonium Author" like Elizabeth or JM.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Thanks authors for answering my questions about the books. I don't pretend to know anything about the publishing world other than that book is published and I can get it at the store when it's out!
                              At least i can get a better sense of what happens behind the scenes now.

Comment

What do you know -- I managed to catch them before the day ended across the pond. The scoop from Fandy:

Yes, the entire Stargate catalog will soon be available on Kindle. This includes the out-of-print titles, which was a big priority. (Woo-hoo!)

Other formats are in the works, too. Nothing official yet, but stay tuned -- you may not have to pony up $359 for a Kindle after all. ;-)

P.S. Huge congrats to Terri on her Unreality nomination!
                                Well, this was news to me too. They are already available for sale. And it explains why I found Barque and several of the other titles up for illegal download on a torrent site last week.

Suzanne
                                sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
                                http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X