Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is to the thread in general: What SG-1 novels will be coming out in the near future? I ask because it seems most of the books mentioned are SGA novels (not really my choice for reading).
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      This is to the thread in general: What SG-1 novels will be coming out in the near future? I ask because it seems most of the books mentioned are SGA novels (not really my choice for reading).
      Hydra, by Holly Scott, was scheduled for release in November. It's still not out, though Barnes and Noble is now listing it as scheduled for January 15. There's also to be a trilogy by Steven Savile; the first book is scheduled (according to Amazon) for January. Hope that helps.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hydra, by Holly Scott, was scheduled for release in November. It's still not out, though Barnes and Noble is now listing it as scheduled for January 15. There's also to be a trilogy by Steven Savile; the first book is scheduled (according to Amazon) for January. Hope that helps.
        There's also Consequences, being written by Karen Miller and Valhalla being written by Tim Waggoner, the former of which has only been announced on her blog and the latter having appeared on Amazon quite recently.

For people interested in Atlantis novels, Brimstone has also recently been added to Amazon, written by David Niall Wilson and is also mentioned on his blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
          There's also Consequences, being written by Karen Miller and Valhalla being written by Tim Waggoner, the former of which has only been announced on her blog and the latter having appeared on Amazon quite recently.

For people interested in Atlantis novels, Brimstone has also recently been added to Amazon, written by David Niall Wilson and is also mentioned on his blog.
          Oooh, thanks for those!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, Valhalla sounds interesting!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I noticed today that the Stargate Novels store has Hydra available and for sale on their website. For those who ordered from B&N or Amazon, have you received a shipping notice yet that they've sent your copy to you?

Comment

Sorry about the delay in checking up here... busy busy.

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
                I was in the pub yesterday with Peter J. Evans, the author of Angelus, and I mentioned your question to him. He said the book doesn't have time to concentrate on Asuran culture because there's too much running and screaming going on...
                Humm. That's cryptic. I suppose I shall just have to give an evil cackle and wait to see it!

Thanks for asking the question anyway!

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                Much appreciated. At the time I was putting that book together, I'd actually expected the show to stay focused on the Asurans longer (and refer to them by that name more often), so that drove my reasoning.
                As you can probably tell, I rather liked them. Anyway, thumbs up on Casualties of War, and also Blood Ties. I'm never terribly certain whether or not the idea in the show is that the Ancients evacuated to Earth during or before the reign of Ra. I found the Lilith mythology in Blood Ties a pretty interesting way of addressing that.
                But now I'm curious about all the aforementioned running and screaming ...
                Likewise.

Comment

Hello folks. I hope this works, because I haven't posted here or read the boards in quite a while. I had almost forgotten how to log in. *g*

Re Hydra - the book is now available from Fandemonium's website, and since it's with the distributor now, it should be available from most retailers within a week or so. The delay of the book was in part because of me; my mother passed away while we were in the middle of writing, and I just was not able to continue writing for a few months. The book was pushed back as a result. But all is well now, and we hope you will enjoy the novel.

Holly

Comment

Originally posted by HollyScott View Post
                    Hello folks. I hope this works, because I haven't posted here or read the boards in quite a while. I had almost forgotten how to log in. *g*

Re Hydra - the book is now available from Fandemonium's website, and since it's with the distributor now, it should be available from most retailers within a week or so. The delay of the book was in part because of me; my mother passed away while we were in the middle of writing, and I just was not able to continue writing for a few months. The book was pushed back as a result. But all is well now, and we hope you will enjoy the novel.

Holly
                    I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I am very much looking forward to reading Hydra though!!

Comment

Shadows is also running late, entirely because of me - probably about 10 weeks late because of personal problems during the editing phase. Sometimes life is just a piece of !"#€.

However... for DESPERATE people... Pat Rothfuss (Name of the Wind) is running a lottery to raise money for Hiefer International - I believe he's raised about 50,000 bucks so far - he's matching every donation people make... dollar for dollar) and has some amazing prizes, including Kevin J. Anderson's original manuscript for his new Superman & Batman crossover novel, and the original first draft manuscript of Shadows... with all the mistakes, poor grammar and more interestingly the scenes that were too graphic in nature or cut too close to the bone for the final book - it's about 10,000 words different from the actual release - which of course I will throw in, signed as well if one you guys win...

You will find all of the instructions on Pat's blog here: http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/blog/blog.html

You'll need to browse the posts, but they are easy to find...

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                        I noticed today that the Stargate Novels store has Hydra available and for sale on their website. For those who ordered from B&N or Amazon, have you received a shipping notice yet that they've sent your copy to you?
                        I just ordered it on Amazon last night, and it did not have a shipping date. I assumed it had not come out yet.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I ordered it from stargatenovels.com and they said they shipped Hydra already so I am waiting to get my paws on it!

Comment

I got my copy on Saturday of Hydra, and I am enjoying what I have read so far.

Comment

Hydra??? Geez, I just picked up and finished Do No Harm yesterday. A most excellent read by the way!

Starting a new job and getting the hang of a new science (geology) has taken a bit of my time. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of Hydra and getting back to spending time with the team.

Just a question to all (writers and readers) - what are your thoughts about an SG-1/SGA crossover novel? Could a good story be interwoven between the two series? Would anyone want to write one? Would anyone want to read it? And should it invlove 'classic Sg-1' or the S9-S10 Sg-1?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                Hydra??? Geez, I just picked up and finished Do No Harm yesterday. A most excellent read by the way!

Starting a new job and getting the hang of a new science (geology) has taken a bit of my time. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of Hydra and getting back to spending time with the team.

Just a question to all (writers and readers) - what are your thoughts about an SG-1/SGA crossover novel? Could a good story be interwoven between the two series? Would anyone want to write one? Would anyone want to read it? And should it invlove 'classic Sg-1' or the S9-S10 Sg-1?
                                There is sort of one, actually...Blood Ties, which released early this year, is sort of like a mini-cross over. It's not billed as an official cross over because it's not both major casts, but it does feature the Atlantis crew (this is set pre-S4) heading to Earth and the SGC to talk about a potential Wraith-like outbreak on Earth. The headliner from SG-1 is Daniel Jackson, who joins John Sheppard in tracking down the problem on Earth.

Certainly Atlantis heavy, so not a true cross over. Told mostly from the Atlantis POV and featuring some Pegasus galaxy chapters alongside the Earth chapters. But it does feature some SG-1 guest stars and the SGC itself.

It was written by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X