This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
    Hey, gang. I still exist, I promise -- just been a teensy bit busy lately. I'm currently typing one-handed with a 7-week-old baby napping on the other arm, and it's tough to say how long the nap will last.

I haven't heard any updates on reprints lately, so your guess is as good as mine. James, any word on your end? Likewise, I think James might be the answer to the "whose book is coming out next" question ...
    CONGRATS on the new baby!!! Pretty soon you'll be a master at typing one handed!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
      Hey, gang. I still exist, I promise -- just been a teensy bit busy lately. I'm currently typing one-handed with a 7-week-old baby napping on the other arm, and it's tough to say how long the nap will last.

I haven't heard any updates on reprints lately, so your guess is as good as mine. James, any word on your end? Likewise, I think James might be the answer to the "whose book is coming out next" question ...
      Congratulations on the new baby!

Originally posted by JMSwallow View Post
      Nightfall is done and dusted, but as I understand its been dropped back a little. I think it may be my buddy Peter J. Evans up for the next Atlantis release, with Angelus (and it's a book I'd advise you to read with the lights on...)
      Barnes & Noble.com is showing Angelus with a release date of December 25, and Nightfall as January 15. We'll see how that holds up.

Still wondering if anyone has an answer to my previous question on Mirror, Mirror...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I've got a question for Sabine Bauer on a detail in Mirror, Mirror. Not really spoilerish, but I'll put it in tags anyway for the sake of anyone who still hasn't read the book yet.

Spoiler:
        There's a moment early in the story where McKay sees Sheppard's dog tags, and the information on them is described. In addition to his name (sadly, no middle initial; would've been fun to speculate on what his middle name might be!) and his SSN (described only as a "long number"), his blood type is given as AB negative and religious preference as Catholic. We have actually seen Sheppard's dog tags on the show once, but not close enough to read what was on them. I was wondering if you had gotten this information from the producers/MGM, or if you had made it up just for the book?

Anyway, I really enjoyed Mirror, Mirror and the epilogue/short story you did for the magazine, and I hope you'll be writing more SGA stories in the future.
        Hey Scary Kitty. Sorry this took forever I'm currently inhabiting a whole other universe (still under construction) and only coming up for air once a month or so.

To answer your question: I made it up. Shamelessly. The bloodtype simply because he would go and be a five-percenter, and as for the religious affiliation, well, I figured it'd be fun to give the nuns a hard time MGM didn't have any quibbles with either, so I guess I got away with it.

And I'm thrilled you enjoyed the ride!

Alipeeps, great news about the baby! Woohoo! Hope everything goes extra well! I'm currently sitting here biting my fingernails, waiting for the clan's new arrival: #2 Nephew, due any second now

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine Bauer View Post
          To answer your question: I made it up. Shamelessly. The bloodtype simply because he would go and be a five-percenter, and as for the religious affiliation, well, I figured it'd be fun to give the nuns a hard time MGM didn't have any quibbles with either, so I guess I got away with it.
          LOL! He certainly does like to be contrary, doesn't he? And with his poor little rich boy background, I can so see Daddy Sheppard shipping Johnny off to boarding school and the nuns rapping their yardsticks over his fingers. Heehee!

Thanks for the answer, and good luck on your new project!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Congratulation on the baby btw!!!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hey there! This is for Suzanne Wood, though I am not sure how often she has been on here of late.

Just wanted to congratulate you on the short story you wrote for The Official Stargate SG-1/Atlantis magazine. You have done it again! You wrote a story that encompassed all four of the team members (Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c), and gave them each a time to shine using their specific strengths. The action was good, the dialogue natural, and the characterizations were dead-on. And you did in in something like 6 pages!! Simply astounding. Please tell me you are working on another SG-1 novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                Hey there! This is for Suzanne Wood, though I am not sure how often she has been on here of late.

Just wanted to congratulate you on the short story you wrote for The Official Stargate SG-1/Atlantis magazine. You have done it again! You wrote a story that encompassed all four of the team members (Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c), and gave them each a time to shine using their specific strengths. The action was good, the dialogue natural, and the characterizations were dead-on. And you did in in something like 6 pages!! Simply astounding. Please tell me you are working on another SG-1 novel!
                Hi Crichiel!

Thank you so much for that. It was one of those situations I've always wanted to see the team face, and it turned out to be a lot of fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it.

No new SG book - yet, but I'll let you know if that changes.
                All the best,
                Suzanne.
                sigpic

http://hevnlybarquings.livejournal.com/
                http://heavenlybarquings.googlepages.com/

Comment

i dont have a question but i wanted to compliment you on an excellent book, the barque of heaven, i kinda wish they made an episode out of it cus it would be awsome. keep writing.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Thanks a bunch, folks, and mega-congrats to Ali! Stock up on sleep now ...
                    Beth
                    http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                    http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                      i dont have a question but i wanted to compliment you on an excellent book, the barque of heaven, i kinda wish they made an episode out of it cus it would be awsome. keep writing.
                      Thanks, Stargater! That's really nice to hear. It'd probably make the longest episode in history, but I wouldn't mind seeing them try.

All the best,
                      Suzanne.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                        Ditto. It was a fantastic TEAM adventure and it would have made a great Stargate mini-series for TV! It was a nice balance between all the main characters and the pacing was excellent.
                        sigpic

Comment

A question about Angelus for anyone in the know. The preview at the end of Mirror, Mirror (which I enjoyed and read practically in one sitting, by the way) and the writeup on Amazon both mention to Asurans. Will they feature directly in this book, and if so will there be any elaboration on their society? I always thought they were a little poorly served by the show by simply calling them 'Replicators' when clearly there's rather more emotions and personality going on in their heads than most of the humanform replicators we saw.

On another Asuran related note, major kudos to Elizabeth Christensen on the brief mentions of them in Casualties of War. I especially liked the proposed way of fighting them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Serapsis View Post
                            A question about Angelus for anyone in the know. The preview at the end of Mirror, Mirror (which I enjoyed and read practically in one sitting, by the way) and the writeup on Amazon both mention to Asurans. Will they feature directly in this book, and if so will there be any elaboration on their society?
                            I was in the pub yesterday with Peter J. Evans, the author of Angelus, and I mentioned your question to him. He said the book doesn't have time to concentrate on Asuran culture because there's too much running and screaming going on...

Out Now:
                            Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                            Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                            "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Serapsis View Post
                              A question about Angelus for anyone in the know. The preview at the end of Mirror, Mirror (which I enjoyed and read practically in one sitting, by the way) and the writeup on Amazon both mention to Asurans. Will they feature directly in this book, and if so will there be any elaboration on their society? I always thought they were a little poorly served by the show by simply calling them 'Replicators' when clearly there's rather more emotions and personality going on in their heads than most of the humanform replicators we saw.

On another Asuran related note, major kudos to Elizabeth Christensen on the brief mentions of them in Casualties of War. I especially liked the proposed way of fighting them there.
                              Much appreciated. At the time I was putting that book together, I'd actually expected the show to stay focused on the Asurans longer (and refer to them by that name more often), so that drove my reasoning.

But now I'm curious about all the aforementioned running and screaming ...
                              Beth
                              http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                              http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                                Ditto. It was a fantastic TEAM adventure and it would have made a great Stargate mini-series for TV! It was a nice balance between all the main characters and the pacing was excellent.
                                Oh, Thanks Tayradio! I'm glad you enjoyed Barque. Team is tops for me, they're all such great characters they make it a real joy to write them.

All the best,
                                Suzanne.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X