This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Books

I was recently spending a little time on Amazon.com and I came across Stargate and Stargate SG-1 books.

I was hoping someone out there has read them and could give me some information on them.

Any book in particular? I've read some of the novels, if that's any good.

I especially like Sally Malcolm's books 'A Matter of Honor' and 'The Cost of Honor'
    Spoiler:
    Those who felt sorry for Major Boyd and SG-10 in 'A Matter of Time should definitely read those two
    but I don't think that you can go far wrong with any of the first five novels from Fandemonium.

Their website is http://www.stargatenovels.com/

A new one came out in February, but I haven't been able to find a copy yet.
    Last edited by ReganX; 18 March 2006, 07:30 PM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Ive read most of the sg-1 books. they are good. Im getting ready to get the Atlantis book!
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Once I get some free time (it's essay time at school ) I'm planning on reading through the books which extended from the movie. Should be an interesting AU sort of experience

Stargate: Rebellion (1995)
        Unable to refuse a call to arms, commando Jack O'Neil, renegade Egyptologist Daniel Jackson, and the people of Abydos begin a desperate quest for freedom one million light years away from the planet Earth.

Stargate: Retaliation (1996)
        When the hard-won freedom of the Abydan race is threatened by an unsuspected traitor, Major O'Neal and Daniel Jackson face the terrible vengeance of the former overlord's successor, Hathor, and her devastating new weapon.

Stargate: Retribution (1997)
        At the end of "Stargate: Retaliation," Egyptologist Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neil and his armed forces, and the people of Abydos barely made it to Earth through the Stargate as it exploded on their heels. It was a desperate attempt to stop Hathor's minions from following them, but now, in "Stargate: Retribution," they face an even greater threat. Hathor, in her extraordinary space vessel, is headed straight for Earth and it's up to Daniel and Jack to convince the world of this extremely dangerous enemy.

----
        Stargate: Reconnaissance (1998)
        The adventures of Egyptologist Daniel Jackson and marine commando Col. Jack ONeil continue in the fourth novel based on the film "StarGate." Survivors of the planet Abydos, destroyed by the power of the StarGate, colonize a new planet--only to find out they're not alone!

Stargate: Resistance (1999)
        In this fifth and final novel based on the hit movie, "Stargate, " Egyptologist Daniel Jackson, commando Jack O'Neil, and the survivors of the planet Abydos have found refuge on a deceptively peaceful planet. But the catlike creatures who live there are actually the sentient servants of an older race of beings--a threat that could destroy them all.

Blurbs c/o Amazon.ca and FetchBook.info. They all seem to have received thoroughly mixed reviews, so I guess I will see for myself. Providing I can get a hold of them. They seem to be limited in stock.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

but I don't think that you can go far wrong with any of the first five novels from Fandemonium.

And I'll totally agree with this statemt... Currently reading "The Cost of Honor"... and I remembered really enjoying the first part...

The one I enjoyed the less was "City of the Gods"... it was good... but not my favorite one... had a hard time reading Gods name

And the last one is called Siren Song...
          Save Earth it's the only planet with Chocolate

Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth. - Souza

Comment

I've got and read Rebellion, Retaliation, Retribution and Reconaisance, but I cant find Resistance. I keep scouring Ebay, but alas, no.

I've read all the SG1 Fandemonium books and so far the worse has been City of the Gods. The new Atlantis books are good. Ive read Rising and am halfway through Reliquary.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The Fandemonium books are good and follow the series well. I find that they seem to be slightly more heavily weighted towards Jack and Daniel at the moment but Teal'c and Sam do have good parts to play in each story.

I do have the Rebellion and other books, but haven't read them and won't. There where also some other books, published by Channel 4 (UK) if I remember correctly. I have read them a few years ago but don't remember much about them so they were probably ok.
              sigpic

Comment

Actually, the SG1 Roc ones where bloody awful. The only good one was The Price You Pay. The Rebellion ones are great. it was awesome seeing the way the series could have gone.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  Actually, the SG1 Roc ones where bloody awful. The only good one was The Price You Pay. The Rebellion ones are great. it was awesome seeing the way the series could have gone.
                  Yeah, I've read The Price You Pay. It was pretty decent overall. I have to check into some of these other books, though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've read it twice, but doubt I'll read it once more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X