No announcement yet.

"Stargate Worlds" MMORPG Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMORPGs are my favorite kind of games. That and Stargate, excellent.
    I'll gladly pay for it!

Comment

Yeah I was somewhat concerned about that as well. Guess we can only wait and possibly bang our heads if this gets cut as well.

Its still possible that the Goa'uld have managed to keep control of mini-empires. Nothing on the level they once had but still.......

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
        MMORPGs are my favorite kind of games. That and Stargate, excellent.
        I'll gladly pay for it!
        MMORPG's aren't on the top of my list of favs. So much time wasted lol.
        I'm fairly certain, knowing MGM & Sony, that this will be a subscription game. I would pay the subscription upon some decent reviews.

Comment

I've never heard of an MMORPG based on a licensed franchise that didn't come with a monthly subscription fee. There has to be some sort of revenue stream, or MGM wouldn't consider it.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Ahem..... WHAT?!

When I entered the Gateworld Website..... I leaped out of my favorite chair! I want to be in Stargate Worlds so bad, want to kill all villians so bad . Wanna to be member of Stargate Command.

I thank you, whoever gave this greatest news...

-Lord Pyaxi

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              I've never heard of an MMORPG that doesn't require a monthly subscription fee.

This is not why The Alliance was reportedly cancelled. The MMO is in the earliest stage of development and probably won't be out for another two years or so. In that time MGM could release The Alliance, have that go through its sales life cycle, and create another title or two and have them sell through before the MMO launches.
              Guild Wars? It's an MMORPG with no monthly fees. A fairly popular one too

Comment

They better follow through on this one! Sounds cool. I'm not a MMORPG'er really...but I could be if this turns out good...
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Pyaxi
                  Ahem..... WHAT?!

When I entered the Gateworld Website..... I leaped out of my favorite chair! I want to be in Stargate Worlds so bad, want to kill all villians so bad . Wanna to be member of Stargate Command.

I thank you, whoever gave this greatest news...

-Lord Pyaxi
                  Um... you couldve done all that in Stargate SG-1: The Alliance. God this sux. Cancel a good game and then decide to make a game that will probably suck... Who is calling the shots over at MGM... some 3 year old?

Comment

Well, i have to say it. Yes i am pleased that we (the fans) are still going to get something and i am looking forward to it but i can't help but feel this is why the game (alliance) fell through. I'm quite upset about it as the game would have suited me much better than the online 'adventure' as it meant i could play on it by myself at my own time and leisure. All the advertisement for it looked great and my heart just sank when i realised it had been cancelled. I cant help but feel this online thing is why mgm wouldnt agree to anyone, they already had this in the works
                    "-If I have to say 'what' one more time...Heads are gonna roll!!"

Comment

The game looks ok, i was happy to find out they're attempting to make another game.
                      But i'm going to take a stab in the dark that its going to be for pc only and I doubt that my little laptop won't be able to run it.

Comment

I'm not convinced at all about this MMO. I have a feeling it's going to crash and burn. The Stargate name will not carry the game. Take a look at the Star Wars MMORPG for an example - everyone knows Star Wars and it's a very, very popular franchise. Yet the game was extremely bad.
                        The fact that it's going to have the Stargate name in the title (I assume) might also mean that people will not give the game a 2nd glance. Stargate isn't that popular, so people might look at the game and go 'Stargate, meh. Never watched that' and move onto something else.

Also, MMO games by their nature tend to alienate alot of gamers. The fact that you have to pay monthly fees after the initial purchase is a big turn off for a lot of people.

And regarding The Alliance - I really doubt MGM cancelled it because of this new MMO. FPS and MMO's tend to attract nearly completely different gamers - it's not like they were going to lose sales for one over the other. Also The Alliance would have been a good test to see how well a Stargate game would be recieved (never mind what genre it is) before they went ahead with a much more challenging and expensive MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmerr
                          Um... you couldve done all that in Stargate SG-1: The Alliance. God this sux. Cancel a good game and then decide to make a game that will probably suck... Who is calling the shots over at MGM... some 3 year old?

YEAH, I KNOW I WANT THAT STARGATE ALLIANCE!!!

But, let us get over with it. "Worlds" surely sounded more than hundred planets. Does that sound interesting?

-Lord Pyaxi

Comment

I'd like to know why they (whomever) cancelled the alliance tho when it looked so great and they were on the edge of finishing it. it also begs the question of are they going to do the same with this when loads of money's been spent on it, its nearly finished and then they decide to say no

my faith in mgm wont hold forever im afraid
                            "-If I have to say 'what' one more time...Heads are gonna roll!!"

Comment

The only thing I do not like is that we will probably have to pay monthly. I'm fine paying ONCE for a game that costs about $50, but if it costs $5-$10 per month, you can forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmerr
                                This MMO will be very, very different to what The Alliance would have been...

Comment

Working...
                                X