No announcement yet.

"Stargate Worlds" MMORPG Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what about this "Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment" developer. Seems that this company was just started to work on Stargate games or is this just a coincidence.

Comment

I think the fact that they're naming the development studio after the liscence is generally a bad sign, but whatever.

It's also good they're doing the System Lords instead of the Ori. We don't know nearly enough about them yet.
      why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Is Atlantis going to be involved in this too? It also says the Ori will play a part!

BEST NEWS EVA!

Though im going to have to start getting into online games, get some practice in!

Comment

OMG This is fantastic. Playing online with SG Teams offworld, onworld, in space, in the past. And online to. Question is will it be a pay monthly thing eg Ragnarock Online or will it be like Halo where you buy the game and thats it ?
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

They have goa'uld and ori so it looks up-to-date with the show. I am somewhat interested on how this will turn out now. Was surprised that it was announced actually as I did not think such a game would come soon. Guess I was proven wrong.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Personally this is IMO a much better genre for stargate games then the FPS ones that were supposed to come out earlier, unfortunately, it is VERY likely to be pay per month, like almost all other MMORPG's.
              Either way, Sounds great, hopefully this doesnt end up cancelled like all the others

Comment

I've checked them out online after I saw the idea. Seems pretty legit. I'm pretty excited about this.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

omg this is great. but the big thing i want to know. Will we be able to fly gliders, al'kesh, ha'tak

Comment

I think so. Considering it says on the company page that locations include space.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'll be most interested in the combat system. Traditional RPG combat is sort of the antithesis of what I think an SG game should provide.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Lets not get to excited people, we all remember what happened last time Stargate tried to make a game.....
                        When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                        I miss you.
                        Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

This is a load of rubbish, it means we very likely won't see SGTA and will have to wait ages again for it to come out, then we will have to pay monthly just for the privilege to play it, all they care about is money , im quite disgusted at the total lack of care for the fans in all of this.

So we get yet another unknown and this time a totally made up company...

"We chose to entrust the franchise to Cheyenne because we are confident in their ability to create a triple A Stargate MMO,"
                          Yeah right, Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment?, sounds a bit suspect to me, they must be part of MGM so i don't know why they say that like it isn't.

I don't know but this news just annoys me, i certainly won't be looking forward to this game, unless SGTA comes out, it is such a waste and total lack of care for the fans and developers!

Just one last thing, from what i read SGTA was actually pretty well made game play wise and was fun to play, graphics were a bit dated but so what, graphics like money isn't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by A Lost Cause
                            Personally this is IMO a much better genre for stargate games then the FPS ones that were supposed to come out earlier, unfortunately, it is VERY likely to be pay per month, like almost all other MMORPG's.
                            Either way, Sounds great, hopefully this doesnt end up cancelled like all the others
                            i agree, when allience was first being concieved i spoke about prefering a MMORPG, on next generation consoles. that could be wide open liek SWG or GTA. i think that sort of game would create a much better feeling for SG fans than missions and FPS
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Stargate SG-1: Atlantis, gets cancelled. And they come up with a new game!!! lol i hope this one don't turn out to like the last.

Comment

Im not happy about it, theres a thread in news too, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23395

Comment

Working...
                                X