No announcement yet.

Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, even better, how about a Collector's Club like Mattel does with their Ghostbusters and MOTU lines? They could do 12 figures a year, one available every month and only to members of the club. Or do 6 figures a year, one every other month. I think it would work very well.

Comment

So uh.....I still don't have any SG1(or SGA) figures yet but is there any news on more figures? Or is it permanently over?

Comment

It's about 99,9% sure that we won't get any more figures...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Screw View Post
          It's about 99,9% sure that we won't get any more figures...
          Replicator Todd - I have to caution that this is (unbelievably!) still speculation. - Annoyingly DST have given extremely vague answers, even when we have asked quite bluntly, "More figs, Yes or No?!!" Personally, I think Screw is right, but we don't have anything confirmed either way. Assuming we ever will.

JediKnutt - the question of the Mattel collectors club idea was raised through Ask DST. I remember because at that time I asked about the possibility of a figure voting poll like Hasbro have done in the past for Star Wars figure options. - Again both suggestions were rejected, due to the scale of the company's own resources, and a concern that polls don't give truly accurate results of overall demand respectively.

The safest bet is to assume the DST stargate SG1 / Atlantis ranges ARE over. That way, if there are any more figures produced it will be a nice shock. - Don't put any money on that, lest start collecting the existing figures.
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I have purchased the wraith, wraith queen and Col Samantha Carter from the Atlantis set (my brother bought the later). I could never find SG1 ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
              I have purchased the wraith, wraith queen and Col Samantha Carter from the Atlantis set (my brother bought the later). I could never find SG1 ones...
              If you really want to buy the SG1 set, there is a store that still has a quite a few of them. The inventory on SG1 figures is pretty good. PM me and I will give you the info. BTW, it is in Alaska, USA.

Comment

Hi all, in the latest art asylum blog we see that indeed they have stopped this line. Below is the question that was posted and the response...

I would like to ask Diamond Select Toys if they can confirm that Series 5 Stargate SG-1 figures have been cancelled. This would be a disgrace if they have as fans like myself would like the General Hammond figure. Not only to honour Don S Davis but my SG-1 looks naked without their leader. It’s annoying to get fans hopes up and just destroy them like that. Why was he not released in an earlier series? He should have been. I only hope they have the sense to release them, especially as they have the protoypes. I’d buy a couple of them. There is a market if it is done right.

DSTChuck: Philip I am sorry to say that for now all development is halted on SG figures including series 5.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/1...112/#more-3405

Does anyone know when their license to make the figures expires?
                I rather they continue as the figures were getting better and had great extras but enough is enough we want our figures now

Comment

When no SGU characters were announced, I was figuring no more figures would be made. At least my son got his SG-1 and SGA characters he wanted.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I hope someone new gets the license and keeps it going. I'd be all for a new 4" scale line with playsets.

Comment

Lame, it seems like they cut off the third wave of Atlantis figures during distribution and was hoping they would at least release more. Didn't have money at the time and definitely do not have the money now since they are almost double the original.
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone got a Serpent Guard unopened in the UK for sale? PM me to discuss, thanks
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

Looking at Toy Fair coverage. Very happy to see the cancelled Raiders of the Lost Ark wave will be released as an SDCC exclusive this year. Maybe DST could look into something similar. Make the Hammond wave available as a Con exclusive as well.

Comment

I might put in a big order today from some figs I missed out on. I only have Field Ops Rodney Mckay, Jennifer Keller and Cameron Mitchell.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by JediKnutt View Post
                              Looking at Toy Fair coverage. Very happy to see the cancelled Raiders of the Lost Ark wave will be released as an SDCC exclusive this year. Maybe DST could look into something similar. Make the Hammond wave available as a Con exclusive as well.
                              DST showroom pictures from the toy fair have been posted today and no Stargate anything. Sucks but not surprised.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=16933

Comment

I can't find that Ronan figure anywhere. I take it he's rare as all get out?
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Working...
                                X