• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4/11 Diamond Select Toy Update
    DIAMOND SELECT TOYS OFFERS FREE STARGATE SG-1 FIGURE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles, LLC

Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles (DST), LLC and MGM Consumer Products are excited to announce plans for a free Stargate SG-1 Elite Serpent Guard action figure available this spring as part of a promotional program.

Stargate SG-1 action figures are scheduled to debut in June 2006. By purchasing four of DST’s Stargate SG-1 figures, customers will be able to redeem their UPCs for a free exclusive Elite Serpent Guard action figure featuring a repainted armor design as part of a promotional mailing program.

“We’re very pleased at the response our Stargate SG-1 figures have received and we’re glad to be able to offer fans another much-requested figure to add to their collections,” said Chuck Terceira, Director of Diamond Select Toys.

Read the rest of the article at:

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill
      i don't know, ill just wait for the regular figures to come.
      Same here, I think.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
        4/11 Diamond Select Toy Update
        DIAMOND SELECT TOYS OFFERS FREE STARGATE SG-1 FIGURE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles, LLC

Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles (DST), LLC and MGM Consumer Products are excited to announce plans for a free Stargate SG-1 Elite Serpent Guard action figure available this spring as part of a promotional program.

Stargate SG-1 action figures are scheduled to debut in June 2006. By purchasing four of DST’s Stargate SG-1 figures, customers will be able to redeem their UPCs for a free exclusive Elite Serpent Guard action figure featuring a repainted armor design as part of a promotional mailing program.

“We’re very pleased at the response our Stargate SG-1 figures have received and we’re glad to be able to offer fans another much-requested figure to add to their collections,” said Chuck Terceira, Director of Diamond Select Toys.

Read the rest of the article at:

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter
        This was announced on the previous page but oh well, I cant wait

Comment

I wonder if they will do this mail in figure program with other waves as well? Hopefully.
          Last edited by HirogenGater; 14 April 2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I hope they will but I cant see them doing it for wave 2 unless they give a kull warrior away for example *wishing * or maybe when/if they release the jackal guard/horus guard.

In fact thinking about it, they may do it for a few replicators every four figures that you purchase, that would be kool

Comment

That re-painted Jaffa looks great.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                That re-painted Jaffa looks great.
                it does and will make a fine addition to my jaffa army

Comment

I think the mail away figure is a good idea. It adds another Jaffa variant for collectors and, especially, army builders. It adds even more incentive to buy complete sets of figures on top of the strategy of including the stargate components.

Now the cynical part. I think DST is doing this because they need to drum up interest for the line and haven't been able to do so, at least not significantly enough, so far. None of the variants have been announced as being picked up by any retailer as an exclusive yet and it's getting pretty close to the shipping date for these figures. Usually, when it's come to their other lines, exclusive holders are set this close to the figures shipping. It's two months away, and we have yet to hear any significant news about the variants shown at Toy Fair. Overseas, FPI seems to have a couple of variants listed for preorder, but they haven't even picked up the core assortment of the figures and listed them for sale. Somewhat unusual for a line this close to its premiere.

I have every confidence that the line will eventually get moviing in a big way as it continues, but it really seems it's having a hard time getting started. It doesn't seem to be generating that much excitement. I'm on other toy boards and while there always seems to be a following that is excited about these figures, it's a relatively small lot. Even here, it seems to be just the same handful of us discussing them amongst ourselves.

It's up to us to show support for this line and make sure it gets started in a good way and keeps on going in the right direction. If anyone is at all interested in this line and have not preordered them yet, please do so ASAP. Preorders indicate to the retailers and to DST that people do want and are excited about the line. If you know anyone who collects toys or is a fan of the series and would even be remotely be interested in these figures, please bring it to their attention.

Let's get out there and support this line as much as possible. Let's let the retailers know we want this line and we want it to continue as long as possible and let's help get those variants picked up as exclusives.

Comment

^Damn, just as I thought they were going well but as you said they will get better as they go and Im gonna preorder mine in a week when I get my money cuz the FP site doesnt tell you about the preorders and when you pay so I figured Id have the money incase I have to pay when I preorder them

Comment

Hey folks,

I just received my Col. Jack O'Neill from WWLA. Now I have skimmed around the internet to look for pictures of the regular Jack to see something.

WWLA Jack has a little painted scar on his right cheek. My friend Dan's has it as well, and you can see it on the photo where's he is for sale. None of the pictures of the regular Jack seem to have the scar, but it's hard to tell.

Could it be that the WWLA Jack is actually different from the regular release?

Comment

i notice that too, i have no idea if that is a "battle scar" variant or not, but if anything it just might be a production error. think about it, the earth project patch sticks to the plastic bubble, so i think it was accidental.
                        Last edited by Gen. O'Neill; 14 April 2006, 07:02 PM.
                        "Daniel?"
                        "For crying out loud!!"
                        "Roddney?"
                        "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Originally posted by NoisyDvL5
                          Hey folks,

I just received my Col. Jack O'Neill from WWLA. Now I have skimmed around the internet to look for pictures of the regular Jack to see something.

WWLA Jack has a little painted scar on his right cheek. My friend Dan's has it as well, and you can see it on the photo where's he is for sale. None of the pictures of the regular Jack seem to have the scar, but it's hard to tell.

Could it be that the WWLA Jack is actually different from the regular release?
                          Interesting, does anyone have this on their figure?

Comment

It can't be accidental. Both of the two I've seen have it and it's precisely done on both and it matches the picture here.

Comment

As said above, most or all of the fiugres have also had teh arm patches stick and peel off in the package. The "scar" may be the result of something similar.

Of course, if you want to be absolutely sure, you can ask in the "Ask DST" Q&A thread tacked at the top of this section. That way, you'll get the answer straight from the horse's mouth.

Comment

^True. A quick question to people who have got the figure, how tall is it? I am just curious. Thanks in advance to every1 who answers it

Comment

Working...
                                X