No announcement yet.

Diamond Select SG-1 Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an SGA figures thread to discuss that. Just scroll down a little on the main merchandise page.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      There's an SGA figures thread to discuss that. Just scroll down a little on the main merchandise page.
      Thanks for the "heads up", Major Griff!
      ** Stargate Figures - A Flickr Photo Set **
      sigpic

Comment

Nooooooo problem!

Perfecto!

Comment

DST is confusing me horribly... Why are Series 4 of SG-1 and Series 1 of Atlantis listed as releasing at the same time?

Something tells me we wont see either until the new year. :\

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post

Something tells me we wont see either until the new year. :\
            Hate to agree with you *bangs head on keyboard from waiting so long*

Comment

Lets hope these delays are merely signs of incompetence , rather than a sign that DST is losing interest in the Stargate franchise.

Does anyone know if other DST lines are getting priority over the Stargate figures, or are these delays affecting all of DST's products?

And I agree, it looks like the next few waves won't be in shops until 2008. *sigh* So much for Stargate-shaped surprised in my Christmas stocking.
              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Here is my post form the SGA thread: the same goes for this too:

I have told you all before that you can not go by the release dates that are announced by DST. You always need to add on a couple of months to that date and expect delays. People like me who have been collecting from DST for a while have learned not to panick when the date changes. It doe not mean tta the line is not popular and in danger of being dropped. it does not mean that one of there other lines are getting special treatment, and it does not mean that DST just does not like you. It just means that they have delays like every other company out there. The only difference is that DST annouces projected release dates way to early without adding on the routine delays and problems that arrise. It is just the way it is.

Comment

I'll just be happy whenever they arrive. Though I do hope we won't see another month+ delay on top of what we've already got. It would be nice to see them before Christmas, but I doubt highly that will happen.

Comment

Its that and more than that.

THAT: Toys have the worst reputation for DELAYS. It includes everything from designing to production to manufacturing to customs to cargo ships to customs to transportation to warehouse to transportation to stores. Any and every point can have delays. This can and will happen to EVERY TOY COMPANY.

MORE: Unlike other companies, DST has been getting WORSE at release dates and making releases on time. You can call it a problem because large online retailers are not getting their emails answered or their phonecalls returned from their sales reps. Even knowing this, i emailed Chris and Matt. I, too, got no response from either of them.

DVD and CD releases are strong with delays are given well in advance. These releases are on Tuesdays (USA).

BOOK releases are generally well and delays are usually less than a month. These releases are on Tuesdays (USA).

MAGAZINE releases are more or less on time with troubles being trying to have someone locate a your magazine. These vary on release dates but generally are on Wednesdays (USA).

COMICS often have last minute release date changes resulting in shipments missing a few to many items. These releases are on Wednesdays or Thursdays if Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday are a holiday (USA).

TOYS are released whenever. No general release schedules are followed.

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
                    I have told you all before that you can not go by the release dates that are announced by DST. You always need to add on a couple of months to that date and expect delays. People like me who have been collecting from DST for a while have learned not to panick when the date changes. It doe not mean tta the line is not popular and in danger of being dropped. it does not mean that one of there other lines are getting special treatment, and it does not mean that DST just does not like you. It just means that they have delays like every other company out there. The only difference is that DST annouces projected release dates way to early without adding on the routine delays and problems that arrise. It is just the way it is.

Comment

I don't recall Kenner or Hasbro having delays for their toy lines, really. It's that DST is a niche company. I still think they should maybe change their initial release dates. If they think it'll be October, say December. Anticipate the delays, you know?
                      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                      http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

My second job in the toy industry during the mid-1990s was to rewrite the guidebooks for toy collectors to including all variations and problems they had. This research also provided detail history of releases, production issues, and cancellations. Here are two older and newer non-Stargate examples:

Kenner, 1985- Star Wars Power of the Force this last SW line had many problems with production and release which led to its eventualy cancellation

Hasbro, 1994- GI Joe Star Brigade was the series that went too far over the top which would eventually cancel the entire line, however, before this multiple postponements of the last wave of alien monster was haunting until it would later become a Kay*Bee Toys Exclusive

Hasbro, Late 2007- 30th Anniversary Collection Wave 7 third postponement since September release date

Hasbro, Late 2007- 30th Anniversary Collection Expanded Universe Comic Two-Packs Wave 4 second postponement since October release date

I can talk about Toy Biz, Playmates, Art Asylum, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and other companies. The point is that delays and cancellations happen but they arent as widely known as DST's are.

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                        I don't recall Kenner or Hasbro having delays for their toy lines, really. It's that DST is a niche company. I still think they should maybe change their initial release dates. If they think it'll be October, say December. Anticipate the delays, you know?

Comment

The thing about Hasbro's delays is that they always have so much coming out that you can be easily distracted and not put much thought into something that is just taking a little longer to reach shelves.

Mattel would be a better comparison to DST despite being one of the top toy companies, their delays on lines like Justice League Unlimited and DC Superheroes are horrible. Most of the time they don't even give out arrival dates, and if they do then it usually varies from Rep. to Rep.

Comment

I know I am not adding anything to this discussion, but this is total ********! SG-1 wave 4, same characters which have already been released, but in different outfits? And it takes this long to be released? When will wave 5 be released? late 2008? and will they be the same characters in their pajamas? wtf ? why can't we get more variety? why do we need the same characters in tshirts, underwear, or camo? It would be cool if the camo set came out at the same time with the regular outfits, but to have to wait this long for the same figures in variant form is quite lame. Who is my SG-1 team supposed to fight? themselves? serpent guards only?

Comment

The can fight themselves. Ripple Effect 2.0
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld Mothership View Post
                                Who is my SG-1 team supposed to fight? themselves? serpent guards only?
                                Well, there's Anubis and an Ori Prior. Oh, and Vala's sneaking off again with those giant vibrat- err crystals!

Also, theres the Goa'uld that Serpent Guard Teal'c came with, he might find a host!

Scrap the 12" line and use the plastic to give us Apophis and Baal!

Comment

Working...
                                X