Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also like to see the deleted scenes. I just watched the extended version of the movie and the commentators tell you when you're watching a scene that got edited out of the film when they showed it in theaters. Some of those scenes really add to the film as a whole and make the motivations of the characters much more understandable. If you watch old TV shows on regular TV now, a lot of them are so hacked up to make more room for commercials that they no longer make any sense. I suspect a lot of what seems to be missing from some episodes of SG-1 when you're watching was filmed and just got cut out like the scene between Sam and Daniel in "Fallen" that was mentioned earlier.

Comment

the DVD being used have 8.5gb available because they are normal dual layer discs. i've tried a few DVDs and they have come to around 7.5gb so there is a lot of space to have some deleted scenes.

the thing is, the final DVD in the boxsets usually have just two episodes, that final disc should have a lot of space to include a large selection of deleted scenes from the previous season so discs not having a lot of space is a lame excuse

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        I would like to see bloopers and deleted scenes as well. One scene that comes to mind is in the episode where Daniel comes back. At a convention I attended, I heard there was a scene with Daniel and Sam. Sam asks "why did you never come to see me?" ( Daniel visited Jack, and T'ealc ). Daniel's reply was "Because you never needed me." I don't know if it was shot or just scripted, but I would have liked to have seen it.
        That doesn't make sense as Daniel doesnt remember anything of his ascension until Morpheus and after that he remembers very little

In Orpheus Daniel had no idea that he visited Teal'c
        Last edited by Serebii; 17 January 2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Joe was right when he said that he should have changed Morpheus's title to "sleeping with the enemy at the gates of heaven can wait until dark water world." Too many people are confusing it with Season 7s "Orpheus."

Comment

My bad, I dont usually make those kinds of errors

Comment

Skydiver > at the price that they sell these "/$/?/ season pack they could add stuff as they did at the sixth season with some exclusive stuff !

and deleted scene would be sooo great ! Especially for the episode that they cut a lot in the season 8 (beware spoiler ???) when daniel meet oma and anubis in a restaurant, they said the episode was even longer thn the 90 minutes episode that aired on the network

Anyway as I said, we could get more stuff for our money, but the cash might not be a major problem with the upcoming blue-ray disk for stargate season, they will be able to put their entire season on a single disk, or on mulktiple disk if they want it in pure-hdtv ... the point is they could add a lot more stuff with the new space available !
              - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
              - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
              - The Nox

Comment

Its basically because ever since the MGM buyout by Sony, MGM have become extremely cheap and selfish. This is also the reason why MGM cancelled the Stargate game, because they are cheap.
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                  i mean, season 8. theyre down to 20 episodes on the same number of discs. there arent as many episodes of the director series, and theyve taken out the audio commentaries?? why?? surely there should be so much more room on these S8 dvds
                  I don't understand what's the deal with the DVDs sold in North America! They don't have half the extras (or don't have any) that can be found on the sets sold in Europe.

I have the French S8 set, and the commentaries are there, plus photo galleries and stuff with CJ, AT, MS live at conventions, plus extras about the making of the series, trailers and an RDA special!

To top it all, they're avalaible a lot sooner over the pond!

J a c k M a n i a c

Comment

Working...
                  X