• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancientalliance
    oh now we're going to have to beat you with a wet noodle... j/k
    Bring it on!

Comment

Well, Looks like the "figure sized" Stargate will be kind of in the middle as far as scale goes. The lastest question and answer just came back and DST says the whole gate set will be 16 inches tall. This means to me that this height will include the ramp as well. Judging that the figures are set to be 7 inches tall, we're looking at a gate that will essentially be tall enough for a figure to "walk" through, but only in a single file line (one figure at at time). We won't be able to have the team go thought the gate standing side by side like they depart most of the time in the show, they'll all have to wait their turn. Oh, well. better than nothin' I guess.

Comment

Yeah, I would have liked a bigger gate, but I am happy we are getting something.

Comment

I think thats its a big enough gate because for one, could you imagine the packaging of the figures if the gate was any bigger, Its already cut into 6 parts and gonna be quite big

Comment

I guess I figured that since we've waited this long and the Gate is so central to the whole deal, they would have made it to scale.

I mean they could have racked up more $ had they made the gate bigger and split it into double the pieces then it would have force us poor saps to insure that we bought all 4 figures from both wave 1 and 2 and then had to buy all 4 figures from waves 3 and 4. Wait....I guess I shouldn't have suggested that I don't want to give DST any wild ideas

Comment

I am very excited about these figures, they are really shaping up. DST is changing the uniforms so they are correct, and supposedly the P90 will look like the shows as well. Come on, Summer!

Comment

Originally posted by metau'ri
                I guess I figured that since we've waited this long and the Gate is so central to the whole deal, they would have made it to scale.

I mean they could have racked up more $ had they made the gate bigger and split it into double the pieces then it would have force us poor saps to insure that we bought all 4 figures from both wave 1 and 2 and then had to buy all 4 figures from waves 3 and 4. Wait....I guess I shouldn't have suggested that I don't want to give DST any wild ideas
                Thats true, but if DST did change the gate, you know we'd all blame you for making us wait even longer for the gate

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                I am very excited about these figures, they are really shaping up. DST is changing the uniforms so they are correct, and supposedly the P90 will look like the shows as well. Come on, Summer!
                I know, I cant wait to see how good the final figures will look and I dont so much think the P90 needs changing as much as the zat, I mean that thing is huge in comparison to ONeill and the P90

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                  Thats true, but if DST did change the gate, you know we'd all blame you for making us wait even longer for the gate
                  Ah, get more wet noodles!

Comment

Ah, get more wet noodles!

Ive got some soakin in water now!

Comment

So, what do you guys think about what the Stargate looks like so far?

Comment

So, what do you guys think about what the Stargate looks like so far?
                        I like how it looks from pictures I've seen. Personally though, I can't wait to actually have my hands on it.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I like how it looks from pictures I've seen. Personally though, I can't wait to actually have my hands on it.
                          Well, I just got mine in the mail and I think it's fantastic... the detail that was put into I think was great... I really can't wait for series 2 to come out so I can actually set it up!

Comment

Im with theFifthMan on this one, I cant wait to get them. Ive seen them in Forbidden Planet and the figures and the gate look really good, especially the gate and Jaffa. They are very detailed.

ancientalliance - can you tell me, the ramp that comes with the Jafaa is it exactly half of it? as in do you get half of the walkway as well as half of the sides. So if you had two Jaffa, you can make the ramp?

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior

ancientalliance - can you tell me, the ramp that comes with the Jafaa is it exactly half of it? as in do you get half of the walkway as well as half of the sides. So if you had two Jaffa, you can make the ramp?
                              you get half the grate part and one side, I doubt you could make the entire thing by getting two Jaffa... because it's slightly slanted upward...

Comment

you get half the grate part and one side, I doubt you could make the entire thing by getting two Jaffa... because it's slightly slanted upward...
                                Oh well, there goes my plan

Comment

Working...
                                X