This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Ok, not too bad, looks nothing like him and no glasses, but it could be worse. Cant think how but I am sure it could Does it ascend if you break it?
    It comes with a little glowing silly putty filled with helium inside the torso so that if it dies (snaps in two) it ascends.

Comment

Not too bad. At least there's a resemblence. Can't wait to see the O'Neill figure.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Forget seeing them, I can't wait to buy them I wonder if there is going to be Major Davis one

Comment

Looks quite a bit like him to *me.* Did this in photoshop real quick:

Comment

they will probably never do the glasses because they're hard to do on so small a scale. also, i would think that MS doesn't care for them much since daniel wears them as infrequently as possible. And, depending on his contract, he has to approve the figure
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Personally I think at this point it's a strictly average-at-best likeness, and on pieces like this likeness is everything. Yes, there's a thread of resemblance there, but right now this definitely needs improvement in my opinion, and hopefully it will have been improved from this early prototype image by the time it hits shelves.

Fact is you should be able to tell exactly who it is just by looking at it, without being told, and even if you only have a casual knowledge of the character/show/actor in question, and right now you can't do that with this piece. In recent years the bar in terms of photorealistic likenesses on pieces like this has been significantly raised (check out Art Asylum's Star Trek figures, certain figures in DST's Buffy & Angel lines, and movie figures by the likes of McFarlane, Neca & Sota), this still has a ways to go to quite reach that level of quality, but it's a start. Hopefully it'll get there though by the time these go into proper production.

Sev.

Comment

It's been my experience that you just have to wait for more pictures. Seeing one picture blown up larger than you would ever see it in real life doesn't translate likenesses easily. So far, so good, but I'm holding out for more pictures.

Comment

The small-scale picture with the news blurb on the main page looks like Walter Koenig from the Star Trek "movies" era to me. I don't think it looks like Michael Shanks or James Spader in any way beyond general coloring: Caucasian, brown hair. The larger version of the picture doesn't look like anybody in particular. It's like it's just a generic SG team member.

Comment

Ah, now Daniel Jackson and Barbie can finally get to know each other......kidding, don't beat me up......
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                      Ah, now Daniel Jackson and Barbie can finally get to know each other......kidding, don't beat me up......
                      Oh yeah, perfect couple. At least until the Vala figure comes out.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X