Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this blows. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with 24 - The Game coming out later this year.
    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Yes i know, there will be plenty of great games out on these new consoles, but i am really hating JoWood at the moment on this cockamainy idea of theres to get money, while its all their fault that the fans are going to be angry, not perception, everyone has seen the game, some ppl have played the game, all have enjoyed it, but no JoWood has to be explicit explicits.

i am quite angry at them still as i have just found out, which may be true for all of you, i think a trip to the JoWood website is the next play for me to vent me anger.

anyone who wants to see this game in the future, i ask you to do the same.

Patriot.Aus

Comment

I dont remember anyone saying the gameplay was dazzling. Most of the previews from E3 said something like "needs a LOT of work".

Comment

thats fracked up, y stop, keep going it will just take longer to come out,ahhhhhhh im so mad

Comment

Jowood is saying they are terminating their relationship with Perception. I didn't get the feeling they were terminating the game. It sounds like they might shop around for another developer. Personally I think this is a great idea. As great as the GFX were looking for the game, I was very uneasy about the gameplay. Bad gameplay completely ruins a games potential. As much as this may suck to the fans, I think this COULD eventually turn out to be a boon for the buyers. If they get the right developers, you could have a very good solid game that will attract even non Stargate fans and you might see future sequels. If you have a shoddy game, you'll never see a sequel.

Most advance reviews of the game said the gameplay was very spotty and buggy and needed alot of work before shipdate. From what I can tell, it seems Jowood might have made a good call.

At least this is much better than Interplay canceling Fallout3 and then giving the license to Bethseda.

Comment

Ok, since JoWood cancelled the SG game with their old developer and is looking for a new one...

How about handing over the project development to the makers of Half-Life 2?
              VALVE software

If any of you has ever played that game, you KNOW that they can get the job done and give great gameplay, graphics and etc. In Half-Life 2 you play as Gordon Freeman fighting agaisnt alien bugs, and modified humans called Combine soldiers, and those once-human zombies controlled by alien creatures.

Seeing as to how they have experience with things like the Gravity Gun, which can push/repell away objects... the same technique of graphics and game physics can be applied on the StarGate universe's Goa'uld Hand Device.

Heck, the Half-Life creators also made the Counter-Strike series, so you could probably play in a multiplayer slugfest as SG troops -vs- Jaffa -vs- Kull Warrior -vs- whatever. Or even play as Jaffa fighting other types of soldiers.

http://www.half-life2.com/
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I actually rather prefer they give the game to Warren Spector to make. Anyone who's ever played Deus Ex can attest to the great game design. There are several options to take to completing objectives. You can sneak, stun, hack, and kill your way to the end of the game. Some people have done it without killing a single enemy. That's the type of gameplay that the Stargate game needs. Giving players the ability to decide what approach the SG team should take would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                  Excuse the language, but when I first read the press release I said something far worse. Several things, in fact. For and indepth description of the things I said, click here
                  Dude, it made you say that?! Nothing would make me say that!!

(rated R for excessive language)
                  Fixed.

Comment

I can't believe this. I am so upset right now, just like all of you. I was looking so forward to its release this october too. They better finish it one way or another, or I'll just have to put a curse on all of them associated with this cancellation.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ok Now I am pissed
                      http://gateworld.net/news/2005/08/jo...atesg-1i.shtml

In a surprise move, Austrian video game publisher JoWooD Productions Software AG announced today that they have put the brakes on Stargate SG-1: The Alliance and terminated the company's relationship with developer Perception PTY Ltd. The company believes that the game as it is being developed will not meet the quality expectations of fans.

[mod snip -- see the link above for the full story]
                      Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2005, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Well. I like this news.

It saves the stargate game from becoming the next firewarrior.

Hopefully, this means instead of a shoddy 3rd rate corridor shooter, we get a good stargate game in the future.

I don't have any blame on anyone (ATM) except Perception. As an Australian, it's sad to see an Aussie studio self-destruct, but it appears that they just did'nt do their job properly.

Jowood know that the fans of this license would not take any crap like the Lucas fanbois, and they might get 1 crap game out before they get lynched.

Hopefully this is a good step, maybe it will make other companies stop making crap games, or crap licenses games (yeah, right).

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                          I don't have any blame on anyone (ATM) except Perception. As an Australian, it's sad to see an Aussie studio self-destruct, but it appears that they just did'nt do their job properly.
                          You don't know what went on. This could either be a repeat of the Starcraft Ghost situation, or Duke Nukem Forever. And at the very least, the Starcraft Ghost outcome the excitement for the game fizzled drastically despite the fact that it's actually got a good chance of coming out and Duke Nukem Forever has no chance.
                          I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Umm... maybe you should try LINKING to the article instead of pasting the whole thing here.

I dunno. I didn't care for the sound of the game that much and from what I've heard, the quality was NOT up to snuff.

Isn't it better to have the game put off/stopped rather than having it come out and be crap?

Comment

ok I edited the message, but it is linked to a gateworld article

Comment

Yeah I am ticked too but.......

I kind of wondered if this might happen. The development of the website was very slow and seemed to be very incomplete with info before a October release. But the real reason I would say this happend is that they want to do this on the X-box 360 and Playstation 3. I guess this means that the PC folks will get screwed for the hundredeth time.......

Kind of makes since for a business since. Starting around Nov the only thing console folks will be talking about is the new stations and sales of normal xbox and playstation games will be low. That would have just been when this game would have been released. Now they have the perfict excuse to delay it and kill the pc development.

Comment

Working...
                                X