Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spottswoode
    Hello!
    Will there maybe be an "ancient life signs detector" or a working "zatnikitel". (Like the star trek phaser and tricorder)

So does DST have role-play and ship/vehicle models included in the license?

This is a good idea if they do. I'm not sure if there is that much stuff from Stargate that would warrant an ongoing line of role-play toys since most of their weapons and equipment are pretty conventional, but at the very least there should be a Zat gun or perhaps a two-piece set that includes the Zat gun and a GDO (similar to the Enterprise phase pistol and communicator two-piece set). I think that would be cool. I'm sure there are and will be other items here and there that could pop up in a random role-play toy release every once-in-awhile. I just can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
    Last edited by knightone; 09 January 2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knightone
      So does DST have role-play and ship/vehicle models included in the license?
      How big would the box have to be for a replica Staff-Weapon?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
        How big would the box have to be for a replica Staff-Weapon?
        I posted this reply in my role-play thread:

The problem with a staff weapon is the size. I mentioned phaser rifles for the Trek role-play line to DST elsewhere and they pretty much said that items as large as that don't stand a chance of being considered. A toy line would have to be extremely popular and show extremely strong customer support for such large sized items to be produced. Some factors that effect that, I believe, are: will customers pay the extra cost necessary for larger role-play toys, just how many customers are willing/wanting to buy items of such size, will retailers that have storefronts dedicate the necessary space for such large items, and how difficult/expensive will it be to ship them.
        Unless the line really takes off in a huuuuge way, I wouldn't expect to see a staff weapon. But I think we can realistically hope and ask for Zats and other smaller items like that.

Comment

How about doing a deal with Mattel to produce a special edition Samantha Carter doll? Air Force Barbie.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I like the faces in the pictures of the prototypes of Jack and Daniel so far, but I was wondering why both of them have uniforms different from those worn on the show? I mentioned Daniel's nametag above, and Jack is wearing some kind of BDUs under his medic vest instead of the offworld uniforms. Are these mistakes? Or is there a licensing or copyright issue that prevents the figures from wearing the same costumes as those seen on the show?

FYI: The Vancouver Convention GateWorld Badge is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadette
              I like the faces in the pictures of the prototypes of Jack and Daniel so far, but I was wondering why both of them have uniforms different from those worn on the show? I mentioned Daniel's nametag above, and Jack is wearing some kind of BDUs under his medic vest instead of the offworld uniforms. Are these mistakes? Or is there a licensing or copyright issue that prevents the figures from wearing the same costumes as those seen on the show?
              Key word Space Cadette - prototype. Means the figures aren't the final designs yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Key word Space Cadette - prototype. Means the figures aren't the final designs yet.
                That's why I'm asking. Because these are prototypes, so I'm curious as to whether the final designs will be accurate or if they're not allowed to be accurate to the show costumes for some kind of legal or copyright reasons.

FYI: The Vancouver Convention GateWorld Badge is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadette
                  That's why I'm asking. Because these are prototypes, so I'm curious as to whether the final designs will be accurate or if they're not allowed to be accurate to the show costumes for some kind of legal or copyright reasons.
                  I'm excited about these figures and nervous from the things already pointed out on the SG-1 figures. Awhile back, when DST released the DS9 Trials and Trib figures, many were worried about how they looked. We were told don't worry, these are just prototypes. Well, the fianl product looked exactly the same to me and they were sub par IMO.

Comment

I've been saying for years that the figure license should have gone to either Dragon or Blue Box International.

Their range of 12 inch military action figures is superb.
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know when these questions will be submitted to DST? I have been looking for an answer thread but don't see one.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        I'm excited about these figures and nervous from the things already pointed out on the SG-1 figures. Awhile back, when DST released the DS9 Trials and Trib figures, many were worried about how they looked. We were told don't worry, these are just prototypes. Well, the fianl product looked exactly the same to me and they were sub par IMO.
                        To be fair, the T&T figures were kitbashes of the TOS line, so they were limited to what they could do by having to use the precious molds for the bodies. Also, the final production versions were a bit better than the prototypes as the heads were made with ball joints after all and weren't as mismatched as the prototype heads/bodies. While not as perfect s they could have been if done completely from scratch, they were pretty decent for kit bashed figures.

Comment

DST, what will the scale of the Gate be in relation to the 7 inch figures? In the only picture I've seen thus far, the Gate looks to be pretty small in relation to the figures.
                          Last edited by metau'ri; 21 January 2006, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Dst, in recent pics of the SG-1 figures the O'Neill's look different from each other. the Gen. O'Neill has the green offworld jacket, which i thought it was going to be a BDU? and both Col.O'Neills have the BDUs instead of the jacket? is it because they are prototypes? also is the going to another Gen.O'Neill with the blue BDU shirt, like the green one?
                            "Daniel?"
                            "For crying out loud!!"
                            "Roddney?"
                            "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

After the gate has been completed will you continue with the build your own ( fill in the blank ). My idea was a ring platform. Each character will come with a ring. The ring can somehow snap to another ring with a clear plastic piece, giving the illusion of them floating above each other. Maybe one or two figures can come with the floor ring pieces. Then you can put your team inside the rings making it look like they are ringing to somewhere. Other people had the idea of build a MALP ( could be separated into four parts), or build your own Dial Home Device. Is that something DST would consider?

Comment

To be fair, the T&T figures were kitbashes of the TOS line, so they were limited to what they could do by having to use the precious molds for the bodies. Also, the final production versions were a bit better than the prototypes as the heads were made with ball joints after all and weren't as mismatched as the prototype heads/bodies. While not as perfect s they could have been if done completely from scratch, they were pretty decent for kit bashed figures.
                                I agree, I liked the head sculpts. I just didn't care for the neck on Dax. That's my complaint.

Comment

Working...
                                X