Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
    Crap. It looks like Stargate's being pushed aside for BSG. Ugh. That's a downer.
    To clarify, thats BSG figures - wave 4. Not the final 4th season of the series! - Wave 4 of the BSG figs is at the pre production stages, so it shouldn;t be too long in the garnd scheme of things. I hope!

Its worth remembering, DST put a lot of effort and detaling into these figure lines, and unlike Hasbro or Mattel, do so purely from a collectors standpoint, without mass producing them for toy shops. As a result the production takes longer, as the quality has to be top notch! Not to mention, they are juggling several key figure lines at once, Buffy & Angel, the Galactica Fleet, the Trek Empire and the Stargate network simultaniously. - We fans are a picky bunch!
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Hey Guys! Many of the questions we have posted on this thread in the past now have answers on AA's Q&A number 3. Its a Q&A specifically dedicated to SG1 and Atlantis! - I can't post a copy here because its too long!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/0...qa-3/#more-179
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

From Q&A 3:

Do the ongoing casting changes in the Atlantis series have an impact on the design and planning of figures? For example, will new versions of Shephard, McKay and Teyla featuring the new season 4 field jackets be considered, and how do the lead cast changes fit in with figure production schedules?

DSTChuck: Yes they have a big impact. If Beckett had stayed on the show we’d have done a figure of him by now and I think we might be done with Weir now since she is off the show. We’d NEVER have done a Woolsy if not for his jump from SG-1 to Atlantis. Also as for new outfits we think its great. It’s a chance to keep the core characters out there and fresh for fans while giving versions fans actually want.
        Well, that's pretty darn stupid. If they ever do a series of Replicator figures for the Atlantis line, they're going to have to do a "Be All My Sins Remember'd" Weir. Of course, now that SGA has been canceled, they're going to have less and less new stuff to draw on as time goes on and they'll have to go to back to characters no longer on the show to keep the line fresh. Ford, anyone?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
          Hey Everyone,
          DST and AA have a new Website up and they have a Q&A that will be answering questions monthly. So now we dont have to rely on this unpredictable and unreliable thread. You can check it out here: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/08/dst-qa-1/
          how do you post a question at that site? I couldn't find a post comment button.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            how do you post a question at that site? I couldn't find a post comment button.
            Not a problem Prion!

On the site, click on the Contact button at the extreme top right of the menu bar. This will take you to the Contact Art Asyum page. At the right side of that page is the links. The top one takes you to the Q&A one.

Direct link: http://www.artasylum.com/question

All you need to do then is fill in the boxes, and ask your question!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
              Not a problem Prion!

On the site, click on the Contact button at the extreme top right of the menu bar. This will take you to the Contact Art Asyum page. At the right side of that page is the links. The top one takes you to the Q&A one.

Direct link: http://www.artasylum.com/question

All you need to do then is fill in the boxes, and ask your question!
              Thanks! I'll spread the word on my news list too

Comment

Hmm, it seems that someone just took all the Ask DST questions and dumped them on the AA Question site. Because, some of my earlier ones I posted here showed up, and I did not submit them to Art Asylum/DST. Soooo to the person who did that

Bless you! Our questions are answered (for now).
                sigpic

Comment

If we would see a Jacob Carter Figure i would really like to see a TER, a Zat, a Radio and the box where the crystals are stored in.

it would be really nice to have one, big enough that the crystals came with the Serie 2-3 figures would fit in, and thats its able to moving...to put them In / Out.
                  Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

I was wondering, and hope this hasn't been asked before because I can't go back through 400 and some posts, I just saw this thread existed. A while back I received my SG1 figure that came with pieces of the steps to the gate. I got 2 of one side instead of a right and a left so I can't ever put the stairs together properly. I wrote DST about it but it was during all the broohaha about the wrong gate pieces so I never found out what to do about it and now it may be too late? I hope not as I would really like to be able to exchange the piece some how and be able to put the ramp steps together.

Anyone have a suggestion on what I need to do? Thanks much in advance.
                    Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi RDA61,

as a fellow collector I'm sorry to hear you have had a small hicup with your SG1 figures. On the Diamond Select Website their contact page lists their customer services email address - [email protected]

Page link: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

They can also be reached through the Art Asylum Website.

On the site, click on the Contact button at the extreme top right of the menu bar. This will take you to the Contact Art Asyum page.

Page link: http://www.artasylum.com/contact

To everyone else, Please note this is not the Q&A section. It has a further link on that page as I mentioned in post No 410.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Looks like DST pulled the questions off of here and answered them on the art asylum website in the Q&A section.... www.artasylum.com

Comment

I sent in awhole bunch of questions the other day, many of which prominently featured here.

Comment

Anyone want to see a fig of Woolsey that comes with this??

Spoilers for First Contact

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

I will be selling most of my collection of Atlantis and Stargate Sg-1 figures. If anyone is interested let me know. Don't want too...but I just don't have the room.
                              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Ok...Here is what I have sorted through so far.

I have the following for sale:

Series1

Black Ops Jack O'Neill
                                Dr. Daniel Jackson
                                Colonel jack O'Neill
                                Serpent Guard
                                General Jack o'Neill

Series 2

Samantha Carter
                                Thor
                                Teal'c
                                Replicarter

Series 3

Ascension Daniel Anubus 2 pack
                                Cameron Mitchel
                                Vala Mal Doran
                                Ori Prior (2)
                                Avalon Previews (2)
                                Black Ops Daniel (2)

There is quite a bit more but I haven't got through yet. Including Atlantis figures and Series 4. I'm sure there are some more of the other series but I just have not got through it yet.

Let me know what your interested in. They are all packaged in the best grade of package I could get from NewForcecomics.

thanks,

Deltrack
                                Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Working...
                                X