Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to ask if there's going to be another series ?(i hope so and i'm probably asking to soon lol)

Also if there is going to be a new series would it be possible if you could please make a carson figure.

That would be great!!
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Isn't it about time they released a Beckett figure? Paul McGillion mentioned years ago he got a body scan with the rest of the season 1 cast! I cant believe they released a Carter & Keller action figure BEFORE all the original cast.

Beckett figure please!

Comment

Right. I think it's time a) we started a poll to see how many people here would actually, factually get up and buy a Carson Beckett figure and b) these questions are sent in to Diamond Select. Thank you.
        CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Right. I think it's time a) we started a poll to see how many people here would actually, factually get up and buy a Carson Beckett figure and b) these questions are sent in to Diamond Select. Thank you.
          I sent an email to Diamond Select asking them about Dr Beckett back in February. They never responded. (Assuming the email got through ok). Here are some relivent comments from Ask DST articles 6 and 7.

Ask DST Part 6 -

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...a_part_6.shtml

Do you have plans to make Dr. Carson Beckett, especially considering the recent sad news about the character leaving the series?

I think we'd still like to try to do a Beckett.
          Please note! - This doesn't say they will or won't. Simply that they potentially would like to.

Would it help for fans to starts petitions for things like an accessory pack to get MP5s, SPAS-12s, open zats, and corrected P-90s and staff weapons?

No, a petition doesn't help.

Ask DST Part 7 -

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...igure_qa.shtml

Would DST ever consider running a poll, with the most popular character being made as a "fans' choice" release?

Generally we shy away from things like that. The percentage of fans that respond to online polls is not always a reflection of the fan base's overall intentions or wishes.
          Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 07 August 2008, 02:09 PM.
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Hey Everyone,
            DST and AA have a new Website up and they have a Q&A that will be answering questions monthly. So now we dont have to rely on this unpredictable and unreliable thread. You can check it out here: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/08/dst-qa-1/

Comment

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
              Hey Everyone,
              DST and AA have a new Website up and they have a Q&A that will be answering questions monthly. So now we dont have to rely on this unpredictable and unreliable thread. You can check it out here: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/08/dst-qa-1/
              Nice work JMW - Green for you sir!

I have posted a question at the new site asking about Dr Beckett, as well as Generals Hammond and Landry. I guess its wait and see time.
              Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

Thank you Sir. I am looking forward to seeing how well them handling thier own Q&A will work.

Comment

Hullo all - DST/AA responded on their AA blog!
                  http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/0...qa-2/#more-166

Posting below, pertinent bits in bold....

Thunderbird 2: Hi DST/AA, Topic: Stargate standard figs. Ages ago the question was asked about Dr. Carson Beckett and General’s Hammond and Landry in the figure range. Are there any developments or news on these characters getting produced? Indeed is there any news on the drawing board for SG1 wave 5, and Atlantis wave 4 in general?

DSTChuck: I can’t really give out exact future plans for figures. What I will try and do is give you an idea if it’s a character we’re at least thinking about. Hammond, Landry and Beckett are on our radar but I can’t really promise all three of them will be made. Some of Beckett kind of depends on what happens on Stargate Atlantis going forward… The more he’s on the show, the more likely a figure would be. We’ve roughed out our plans for SG1 Series 5 already and Jean St. Jean Studios will start on sculpting that as soon as BSG Series 4 is done and approved. I think for Atlantis we’re going to see what comes up this season on the show, since its such a season of change.
                  Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 16 August 2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

This has probably already been asked (and answered) but does anyone know if DST are planning to bring out a Ba'al figure, or a Kull Warrior? I read somewhere else on GW that they'd like to make either one or both of these, but no follow up was given. Would you like to see these figure too?

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Hurray! There will be a fifth wave of SG1 figures. I would LOVE to have a Ba'al figure!
                      But I would like a Carson figure, too!
                      And what about Aiden Ford?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post

Thunderbird 2: Hi DST/AA, Topic: Stargate standard figs. Ages ago the question was asked about Dr. Carson Beckett and General’s Hammond and Landry in the figure range. Are there any developments or news on these characters getting produced? Indeed is there any news on the drawing board for SG1 wave 5, and Atlantis wave 4 in general?

DSTChuck: I can’t really give out exact future plans for figures. What I will try and do is give you an idea if it’s a character we’re at least thinking about. Hammond, Landry and Beckett are on our radar but I can’t really promise all three of them will be made. Some of Beckett kind of depends on what happens on Stargate Atlantis going forward… The more he’s on the show, the more likely a figure would be. We’ve roughed out our plans for SG1 Series 5 already and Jean St. Jean Studios will start on sculpting that as soon as BSG Series 4 is done and approved. I think for Atlantis we’re going to see what comes up this season on the show, since its such a season of change.
                        If they don't give us Dr. Beckett figures, We will come after and raid in the toy company and demand no more than 24 hours to release Dr Beckett figures!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post

Crap. It looks like Stargate's being pushed aside for BSG. Ugh. That's a downer.

Comment

Well... Guess it's time to start begging JM for more screen time for Beckett again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                              Well... Guess it's time to start begging JM for more screen time for Beckett again.
                              Well he's scheduled to appear in a couple of episodes in Season 5, according to TV.com so, out of the three mentioned above, I'd say Beckett is the most likely if screen-time is indeed the major factor.

You have to wonder who DST think are buying these figures. I'd snap any brand new likeness up in a jiffy. As for, say, brand new Atlantis viewers, well, do they even know the toys exist or have any kind of hankering for action figures at all? Who knows.
                              CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

Comment

Also, this was on the blog. Wave 5 hints, methinks...

Brendan Hanley: Hi there! Big Stargate fan from Australia here. Just got 3 quick Q’s for you.

1) I was just wondering if there will ever be a Black Ops Samantha Carter figure made?

2) Would you consider a wave of figures with a majority of secondary characters in it? Characters like General Hammond, General Landry, Walter with computer and iris control, Senator Kinsey, etc?

3) Do you plan to make any more system lords? (Yu and Ba’al are my favorite 2)

DSTChuck: Brendan, before I answer all your questions I have to ask… do the toilets really go down the opposite direction down there? Nah, never mind, I’d rather it remain a mystery.

1) I can’t say yes or no, but I can say we’re aware she’s one of the Black Ops team left to do… and Carter has always sold very well for us… so chances are good.

2) No sorry, we’re not considering anything like that. Even some of the shorter packed secondary characters have spent some time on shelves so we’re going to stick with our plan of mixing them in with the more known characters as a way for fans to fill out their collections.

3) System Lords are on our short list for SURE.

Comment

Working...
                                X