Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plans to ship extra rings out to retailers like you did with the gate pieces?

Comment

Can customers from Outside of the U.S, (like Germany,...or Europe aswell) use the Proof of Purchase from Series 3 to get 2 Rings at least for free
      (because Series 4 only come with 2 Transport rings, as 4 fans hoped for),
      like DST did send out the Gate Piece...
      Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
        Hi there,

was there any specific reasoning why Keller and Atlantis Carter were chosen over other characters at this point?

Yes, how come Keller got an action figure a character who's been in the show a lot longer than she has? I'm talking about Carson Beckett btw

Comment

What about an F-302 die cast toy? Come on - the BSG toys are pretty slick - SG1 and SGA need to catch up! You could do all the ships and make a killing!

Comment

Are the Transport Rings split up in two different Waves?

So are they maybe come with new Figures ( like Black Ops Carter etc. ) or a whole Wave ( the Woodland Series) of upcoming SG1 Figures,....that collectors from OUTSIDE of the U.S. have the chance to get more Rings, instead of two...
            Greetings O´Neill (signature by me)

Comment

Compared to previous years at USTF and even Comic-Cons, and excluding Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Retro lines, i thought that the overall Stargate display was pitiful.

I have lost count of how many times ive seen SG-1 Series 4 on display, not including the changes to uniforms, colors, and gear over the past THREE years. And what about Star Trek TNG Series 5? It was shown at USTF06 and still is not out. DS9's Sisko and Dax Season 3 Uniforms at USTF07 are still not out either.

When will you show SG-1 Series 5 figures?

SDCC showed enough Battlestar Galactica figures to last two to three more series but with USTF08 there are enough figures to go through Series 5 with them.

I know you want to us to be surprised but when you add so many delays to this line and others, you begin to get people upset, especially when you ship wrong items, damaged items, missing items, and figure hands snap off.

Can you also make a figure where the hand will not snap off?

Thank you.

Comment

I wish they would make a dang puddle jumper
                jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

- Unlike the SG-1 figures, the Atlantis figures have pegholes in their feet. Will we eventually see stands for the figures, possibly ones that go with the floor pieces of the Atlantis build-a-gate?

- The desert wave came in cases of 8 figures with 2 of each figure, instead of 10 figures with a shortpack, will this be the norm from now on?

- Will there be a 2-pack with geared-up versions of desert Carter and Jack coming to finish up the wave?

Comment

Has any thought been given to doing other Jaffa Guards?

I mean there's a perfectly good stock body in the form of a Serpent Guard that could simply be turned into a Horus Guard.

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

Why were the Atlantis series 2 figures packaged with zats? Isn't that an SG-1 accessory uncommon on Atlantis?

Comment

* Are there plans to release Black Ops variants of Carter, Mitchell and Vala in the future? What about Desert Combat variants of Mitchell and Vala?

* Besides the main cast, Bra'tac and Jacob Carter are possibly the most popular characters in Stargate history. Is there any chance of seeing either of these two characters created as figures in the future?

* Which regular character from Atlantis do you think will be released in action figure form first: Lt. Ford, Carson Beckett, or Richard Woolsey?

* Also, which recurring character from Atlantis do you think will be made first (if at all): Colonel Caldwell, Major Lorne, or Dr. Zelenka?

* Assuming sales of Atlantis figures remain strong, will we see Michael as the "alien" character in a future wave?
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

First of all I'd like to say how much I love both the Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis lines. Though, if I'm honest, I'm liking the Atlantis line just a little bit more. They're fine sets of figures which, for the most part, look stunning. Excellent work, Diamond.

Can you give us any guarantee that both lines will go beyond Waves 4 and 3 respectively, and continue into 2009? At this stage I'm not looking for clues on specific characters or detailed secret plans. I'd like to know if I can look forward to enjoying more of the 7-inch lines or whether I should count my blessings.
                          CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

Dear DST,

Series 2 of Atlantis looks great! I have bought multiples of each of them. Keep it up!

There is a lot of concern here about the continuation of the SG1 lines. I made a suggestion a long time ago about re-releasing the stargate pieces to be bought individually in 'gate packs.' I was told that this would not be a good idea, as it would depreciate the value of the original stargate. However, I am now suggesting a different idea.

The gate is currently a very popular item on ebay. I believe that if it was repacked with another wave, then that wave would sell well, if only for the stargate pieces. That way a series of characters other than the main team can be released, without fear of poor sales. Reusing the gate molds would also reduce the cost of the toys. Finally, if the gate was slightly re-tooled (such as adding something to the backpiece, even something as simple as writing 'not a piece from wave 1 or 2', as one of us suggested here,) then there would be no reduction in the value of series 1 and 2.
                            sigpic

Comment

Will we ever be seeing the Super Soldier make an appearance in the toy line? What about Ishta?

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                                Why were the Atlantis series 2 figures packaged with zats? Isn't that an SG-1 accessory uncommon on Atlantis?

I thought that was strange as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X