Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of pieces to build an accessory like the Stargate for the figures, would DST possibly consider including pieces with the figures to construct a life size role-play toy/prop replica? Not anything too large, but maybe some something like a GDO, ZAT, or Goauld hand device? Or maybe something like a replicator?

Comment

Darren mentioned he just rushed off part 6 of the Q&A. Where exactally are parts 1-5 posted so we can make sure that we don't repeat questions?

Comment

^ Here is a link to parts 1-5:
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...a_part_5.shtml.
        "Daniel?"
        "For crying out loud!!"
        "Roddney?"
        "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

It was posted in Part 5 of the Q&A that Stargate: SG-1 Series 4 would be announced just after the release of Series 2. It has been several weeks since they were released. Can you please tell us where the announcement is?

-RED9-

Comment

There are the correct number of Glyphs on the Stargate. However, one is messed up, three are out of place (1) , two are missing and out of place with another (2).

I recognize the following Glyphs on the Stargate:

(Earth/Abydos)???, Crater, Virgo, Bootes, Centaurus, Libra, Serpens Caput, Norma, Scorpio, Cra, Scutum, Sagittarius, Aquila, Pisces Austrinus, Mic, Capricornous, Equuleus, Aquarius, Pegasus, Scultor, Pisces, Andromeda, Triangulum, Aries, Perseus, Cetus, Taures, Auriga, Eridanus, Orion, Canis Minor, Monoceros, Gemini, Hydra, Lynx, Cancer, (inverted Aquila)???, (inverted Scutum)???, Leo Minor

However:

-Pisces Austrinus should come after Mic and Capricornous before Mic.

-After Cancer should be Sextans then Leo Minor then Leo. There are two unknown Glyphs between Cancer and Leo Minor that should not be there.

-Where's Earth? The symbol for where Earth is supposed to be is more closer in representation to the "Point of Origin for ABYDOS." The top of the 'earth' symbol is supposed to be a circle, not a triangle. And the bottom of the inverted "V" is supposed to arch inward, not outward.

I have checked those "inverted" / "unkown" symbols against 126 known Gate Addresses and none of them matched any known symbols from either the Earth Gate or the Atlantis Gate.

Are there any plans to correct these mistakes on the current Stargate or have them fixed on the Atlantis Gate?

Thank you.

==Russell==
            Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
            Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
            SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Comment

I have noticed that the weapons really seem to come in an idle state and the hands aren't really formed for holding them in any sort of "action pose." (With an exception of Teal'c and the Jaffa with their accessories, of course!)
              The zats in particular are in their closed form, rather than open and ready to fire away.
              Was there any particular reason why these accessories were chosen this way?
              Perhaps as an appreciation for the series being more than just action, while respecting that the props still have a signifigance with the characters?
              Or were the hands molded with particular props in mind, such as Carter's posing with the gattling-like-gun looking as though it could be firing, while not so much focused on the others?
              If not, should we expect to see something close to some open zats in the possible future?
              Thanks!

(Not a suggestion, just asking)

Also, will there be any distinguishing differences between the accessories that come with Avalon Vala and S9 Offworld Vala? I've seen a zat and a green control crystal. I'm very anxious to hear what else she may come with!

Comment

DST, do have the license to do minimates of both SG-1 and Atlantis? i was thinking it would be great for the stargate that we have now. it's a perfect fit for them in this scale. what do you think?
                Last edited by Gen. O'Neill; 02 March 2007, 11:14 AM.
                "Daniel?"
                "For crying out loud!!"
                "Roddney?"
                "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Hi DST,will the dhd have power krystals inside?
                  sigpic [IMG]

Comment

Awesome! Definately a nice question and thought.

Originally posted by warriorgod View Post
                    Hi DST,will the dhd have power krystals inside?
                    Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
                    Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
                    SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Comment

Originally posted by LoneReconEagle View Post
                      Awesome! Definately a nice question and thought.
                      Thanxs,it would be cool
                      sigpic [IMG]

Comment

Part 6 of the Q&A is up! Keep the good questions coming.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

when is the exact release date for series 3?
                          thanx
                          sigpic [IMG]

Comment

A few questions for part 7.

Why was the Convention exclusive Daniel Jackson figure not packaged with glasses?

Should we expect future figures of Cameron Mitchell to be packaged with the piece of the DHD he will come packaged with in Wave 3? If so, will future Vala figures be packaged with the other DHD piece, or should we expect her only to come with the Ori communication device?

Will future waves of SG-1 and Atlantis be released at the same time, or will there be gaps between them?

Why was Black Ops Teal'c packaged with the glider gun, when it was originally shown in the hands of Offworld green Teal'c?

What happened with the MALP we saw in the Toyfair photos? Is it a work in progress or possibly the Wave 4 build-accessory?

I liked the thought of collecting figures for the mail-in Jaffa offer. Will we get the chance to send in for another special figure in wave 4?

Because Thor was released with a round-mouse-like object, does this suggest a possible control console inmind for a future wave? (Not suggesting, only asking)

Why do Cameron and Black Ops Daniel have the wave 1 legs, as opposed to the updated knee joints style that we saw in wave 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              2) Please do not use your question just to make suggestions to DST. They know that everyone has their favorite recurring character or great idea for a prop. This thread is for specific questions.

Please be as precise as possible, and avoid "Are you going to make [X, Y, or Z]" questions. We got a ton of those this round, and I'll bet you that the answer to 99 percent of them will be: "Could be. No plans now, but we'll see."

Ok I've been trying my best to word my question in such a way as to not break these rules, too be honest not sure I've managed it

- For a figure to be considered will it have to have been part of the show for a decent length of time or as long as it was memorable enough would you include it? For example either a completely new figure like the Nox, or variants of the SG1 members in different uniforms or whatever

I'm thinking in particular about a set of Teal'c, Daniel, Jack and Carter from the episode "1969", I think it would be great to have them all in their hippy form but is one appearance enough to be considered?

Basically I just wanted to ask will we see the team in their 1969 styling but I tried to flesh it out so it didn't just seem like a figure suggestion

Comment

Hi will mitchell come with a vest?,
                                thanx
                                sigpic [IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X