Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi DST,

will you be making characters who have made infequent re-occuring appearances, but are important to the Stargate Universe? For example, Dr Catherine Langford, President Hayes, Senator Kinsey, Major Paul Davis, etc.

UPDATE! -Spoiler Warning Concerning Season 3 Stargate Atlantis!

Spoiler:
    - Now that you have announced there will be Atlantis figures and they will come with the Atlantian gate pieces (thank you!) - Do you have plans to make Dr Carson Beckett? Especially considering the recent sad news about the character leaving the series?
    Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 30 November 2006, 09:13 AM. Reason: New information released from Diamond Select.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

The latest installment of GateWorld's Q&A with Diamond Select Toys has been posted here:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...a_part_5.shtml

Part 6 is up to you! Post some top-quality questions here in this thread.

Please use the Diamond Select SG-1 Figures thread and the Atlantis Figures thread to discuss the Q&A's contents.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

-Why did the P90 and staff weapon end up so misproportioned?

-Would it help for fans to starts petitions for things like an accessory pack to get MP5s, SPAS-12s, open zats and corrected P90s and staff weapons?

-Were the neck joints made with easy headswapping in mind (ie: swapping General O'Neill's head with Daniel's to get Daniel in garrison uniform and older Jack in offworld gear) or is it an unforeseen convenience?

-Will the SG1 and SGA figures be one line with alternating waves (SG1-SGA-SG1-SGA, etc) or will they be seperate lines?

-Since the Atlantis gate is built into the floor (whereas the SG1 gate had a ramp built around it) will there be alternate bottom pieces so we can have the Atlantis gate and a space gate?

-Will there be an Elite version of Serpent Guard Teal'c?

-Is the Serpent Guard going to be rereleased in the future with the Horus helmet seen in some episodes?

Comment

will you be re-releasing the series ones at any point? Since they all sold so fast. Also if you do, will you fix their knees?
          and one more question, will future figures come with different weapons, like M-4s, SAWs or MP-5s, or can we expect more P-90s?

Comment

What kind of base can we expect for the Atlantis stargate? Will it be a piece of the floor of the Atlantis gate room, or what? How many pieces will the Atlantis gate and ramp come in?
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

-Will the atlantis vests be based upon the actual Atlantis vests or should we expect the SG-1 vests to be used on them? (The Atlantis vests ARE different after all.)

-Are there any plans to release Sam in her long sleeved tight shirt, aswell as Teal'c in his tight t-shirt; both with green pants? (Similar to the FCBD Jack & WizardCon Daniel)

-How many waves should we expect of SG-1 & Atlantis?

-What will Replicarter's official accessories be other than 2 Replicators & an alternate hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill View Post
                DST, you said in the previous Q/A that you have no plans to do ships, but are you planing on having them for next year? i would really like a Promethes, Daedalus, and Odessey ships for my collection.
                Eventually, I would love to see a model of the City of Atlantis. Please!! I would buy three of them! I would prefer that it would be like the beautiful Enterprise model DST released recently and not have to come in six pieces with the figures as the Stargate has.

Speaking of which, after Series 1 and 2 of both SG1 and SGA are released, can the Stargates be released as packs by themselves? I know this side steps the "build the gate" gimmick, but I personally would buy more gates where I may not buy two of each figure. Also, DST would not need to create a new mold.

I hope that the platform with the Atlantis gate includes some stairs with ancient writing. That would be awesome.

Finally, can Sheppard come with a lemon? He said he *always* carries one, just in case. (Just kidding).
                sigpic

Comment

I know that gate pieces will be in both series 1 & 2, but what about with the potential Daniel, Teal'c & Sam figures of future series-- will they also come with Gate pieces or something else?
                  If you add it up, with the amount of O'Neills released with gate Pieces, you can make up to 3 gates, so (In short) is there any intention of releasing Gate pieces with Replicarter & Black Ops Daniel too?

Regarding Anubis figure:
                  While viewing pictures of the Anubis figure, it looks like his sleeves are incorrect & don't match his poofy ones in the series. Will these be corrected?
                  Also, Will there possibley be an Alternate hood for Anubis with his water-like face shield?

Comment

In the very first Q&A with GateWorld, DST said that they wanted to create a Thor figure, but that the body would be "very difficult to reuse for anything other than an Asgard". Now that Thor IS being made, does this mean that we can expect the Asgard body template to be used to create other Asgard characters in future waves? Heimdall or Kvasir for SG-1? Perhaps Hermiod for a future Atlantis wave?
                    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Will there be a black ops Samantha Carter figure released in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by knightone View Post
                        Will there be a black ops Samantha Carter figure released in the near future?
                        To add on, will there be a Black Ops of all SG-1 members (including Jonas if he is ever released)?

Comment

Hi i'm new so sorry if this has been asked before:

DST will walter or martouf be immortalised in figure form?
                          also people have been asking for ships which might be hard to make 'cause of size'
                          so you could do like what you did with the sunnydale high library set,do it in sections.
                          like the control room of the promethius or the SGC or gate room for Atlantis, Control room for an oriship

yeah my name is weird
                          Last edited by un anwe dei Ancients; 12 December 2006, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Will dst make lucian alliance figures ,or Col. Emmerson?

Comment

Does the license for Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis include anything other than Action Figures lines? If so, what else does your license allow you to produce?

I live by M-Theory!

Comment

Originally posted by un anwe dei Ancients View Post
                                so you could do like what you did with the sunnydale high library set,do it in sections.
                                like the control room of the promethius or the SGC or gate room for Atlantis, Control room for an oriship

Or is it possible to make a Atlantis gateroom set at a smaller scale with smaller figures?

Since Dr. Weir does not have too many possible accessories, will she come with a ZPM? She used them in "Before I Sleep"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X