Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuniorJaffa
    I read somewhere in this thread that O'Neil and Jackson have camo variants as well. The only place I've seen them is on the ForbiddenPlanet.com site.
    The camo variants were shown to retailers as possible exclusives, but no one picked them up. Forbidden Planet jumped the gun by listing them. DST says they want to try and put the desert camo versions together in one box set if they can, but there has been no word on whether or not the woodland camo figures will be produced.

Originally posted by colonel Flan
    Where are the joints going to be located? From the pictures I've looked at it looks like the elbows and knees both rotate and then a ball joint at the shoulder is that corecct? and what about upper leg movement? thank you for your help.
    For the wave 1 figures (Jackson & O'Neill):

ball jointed neck

semi-ball jointed shoulders (the joint is made to be hidden so it doesn't have the same range of motion as a full ball joint)

rotating bicep

swivel elbow

rotating wrist

rotating waist

T-joint crotch

rotating knees

The future waves should be the same except the rotating knee joints will be replaced with swivel knees.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSix
      The future waves should be the same except the rotating knee joints will be replaced with swivel knees.
      That would be nicer.... more action poses!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
        Yes!
        ** Stargate Figures - A Flickr Photo Set **
        sigpic

Comment

DST, you said in the previous Q/A that you have no plans to do ships, but are you planing on having them for next year? i would really like a Promethes, Daedalus, and Odessey ships for my collection.
          "Daniel?"
          "For crying out loud!!"
          "Roddney?"
          "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
            Yes now I can put them on action poses. Just makes more sense for them to kneel down as they shoot the p90

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill
              DST, you said in the previous Q/A that you have no plans to do ships, but are you planing on having them for next year? i would really like a Promethes, Daedalus, and Odessey ships for my collection.
              I personally like to see the x302 and puddle jumper.

Comment

I was wondering if we could us the UPC from Series 1 & 2 to redeem for the Elite Guards, if they are still available, in the future? Also if not available could they, Series 1 UPC, be used for future offers?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mannkh
                  Yes now I can put them on action poses. Just makes more sense for them to kneel down as they shoot the p90
                  I know... why didn't DST think of this sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by mannkh
                    Let's hope this will work for the series 2 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                      Let's hope this will work for the series 2 figures.
                      Good point... DST, when did this change go into effect?

Comment

Good luck getting a response from Diamond Select customer service. I too had a defective figure and it took weeks to get a replacement. And there is no phone number for them anywhere on their web site, and no listing for them in any Maryland phone directory. Emails to customer service got an "out of office" auto reply. Sheesh!!

I finally had to go through the dealer I bought from, get them to look up a number for the Comics division, and they finally got me through to a real person on the Toys side.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so appreciative that DST is creating these products and I'm willing to deal with a little unresponsiveness, but this is a bit extreme.

Comment

So any news on when we can see some answers?

Comment

Originally posted by ravinia
                            Good luck getting a response from Diamond Select customer service. I too had a defective figure and it took weeks to get a replacement. And there is no phone number for them anywhere on their web site, and no listing for them in any Maryland phone directory. Emails to customer service got an "out of office" auto reply. Sheesh!!

I finally had to go through the dealer I bought from, get them to look up a number for the Comics division, and they finally got me through to a real person on the Toys side.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so appreciative that DST is creating these products and I'm willing to deal with a little unresponsiveness, but this is a bit extreme.
                            That's really frustrating, I mean, I think a huge part of having a business, especially the one they're in, is having good customer service... a situation like yours would make me wonder why I'm buying from them... but of course there's not a whole lot we can do about it because they are the only ones who are making these figures and don't get me wrong I'm very happy that we are finally seeing some good merchandise that's SG-related... sorry about the rant

Comment

DST: How have sales been on the SG1 figures so far? Good? Bad? Have they met expectations? Exceeded them?

Oh, about DST customer service, I've always had good experiences with them. Sometimes you need to email them more than once as things can slip through the cracks, but any problem I've had have been taken care of promptly.

Comment

Thus far, I have been very happy with the waves released. I only wish that the waves were released more quickly. They should bring out Jonas, Hammond, and Landry figures soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X